5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway Bar Link Pins/Bushing upgrade for 2019-2022 Ram 1500

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I can confirm that the Energy Suspension bushings 5.5160R work like a charm. now the truck is super quiet on the road back to maybe better than new!! But When I was under there I noticed my oil pan is almost rusted through!!! Called service and they said they will not cover it as a rock must of chipped the paint and caused it to rust. But my question is I have rebuilt many old cars and have never seen a pan this toasted. Also, there is no chance a rock hit above the drain plug which has rust starting!! Do we have a topic started on 2019 Ram Limited's rusted out oil pans!!!
That’s crazy, nice to see there is an aftermarket bushing that will work with the factory mounting brackets. The brackets included with the prothane bushings are what failed for me, and customer care never replied to any of my emails.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I can confirm that the Energy Suspension bushings 5.5160R work like a charm. now the truck is super quiet on the road back to maybe better than new!! But When I was under there I noticed my oil pan is almost rusted through!!! Called service and they said they will not cover it as a rock must of chipped the paint and caused it to rust. But my question is I have rebuilt many old cars and have never seen a pan this toasted. Also, there is no chance a rock hit above the drain plug which has rust starting!! Do we have a topic started on 2019 Ram Limited's rusted out oil pans!!!
Wow! Please start a thread in the appropriate powertrain sub forum so others can get info. Dang, that's bad! The rock excuse shows the stupidity of the service manager, hopefully can be covered by powertrain warranty?

BrotherStyles

Reaction score
So far does not look good for warranty work. But will update in a new thread!!

sneaks12125

Reaction score
To the OP do you have a link to the ones you bought? I'm unable to find any on ebay under $180 and I'm trying to avoid the suspension maxx ones since I've read some reports of them squeaking with a 3" Lift.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To the OP do you have a link to the ones you bought? I'm unable to find any on ebay under $180 and I'm trying to avoid the suspension maxx ones since I've read some reports of them squeaking with a 3" Lift.
Where did you read reports of squeaking with the suspensionmaxx links? 3" lift here and no squeaking at all after a year of use.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Based on the pictures the OP posted, I wouldnt go the route he did.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Is that an oil pan or a turtle shell?! Sheesh!!!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This wasn't the original thread I found but they had a similar picture and said the metal pieces were squeaking together once the bushings wore after a few thousand miles . suspensionmaxx endlink geometry
Here is a picture of mine the day I installed them. Again, I have had zero issues with squeaking or any noises. You have to remember not everyone is good at following installation instructions. The only thing I would recommend is some thread locker on all the studs as the bolts have a tendency to back themselves off. Ever since I put thread lock on they've been all good.
PXL_20220414_210635419.jpg
PXL_20220414_203245518.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine the day I installed them. Again, I have had zero issues with squeaking or any noises. You have to remember not everyone is good at following installation instructions. The only thing I would recommend is some thread locker on all the studs as the bolts have a tendency to back themselves off. Ever since I put thread lock on they've been all good.
View attachment 156237
View attachment 156238
Why do yours seem angled so much? Here is a picture of mine I just installed Thursday PXL_20230409_135846377.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do yours seem angled so much? Here is a picture of mine I just installed Thursday View attachment 156240
Not sure if the camera angle makes it look extreme 🤷. It looks like they redesigned the upper piece, maybe they extended it a little more to help the angle. I will reach out to suspensionmaxx to see if they will send me the redesigned piece so I can compare.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if the camera angle makes it look extreme 🤷. It looks like they redesigned the upper piece, maybe they extended it a little more to help the angle. I will reach out to suspensionmaxx to see if they will send me the redesigned piece so I can compare.
The threads are definitely longer. Most posts I've read said the threads were flush with end of nut, but I have at least 6 threads out past end of nut. But they don't have the angled washers anymore.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The threads are definitely longer. Most posts I've read said the threads were flush with end of nut, but I have at least 6 threads out past end of nut. But they don't have the angled washers anymore.
Yeah that's definitely a design change, the nut on mine is flush with the threads. I will reach out to them this week.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you look at the angle of the link compared to the shock they’re basically identical. His picture was just taken at an angle
Agreed. This is a different angle with my new suspension setup. I still need to reach out to them for the updated upper linkage.
PXL_20230409_154543639.jpg

Last edited:

Doc33

Reaction score
Question for you guys who have installed suspension maxx end links. I have Bilstein up front set on clip #5, should I go with stock height end links or the extended links?? I'm kind of on the border between the two sizes.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for you guys who have installed suspension maxx end links. I have Bilstein up front set on clip #5, should I go with stock height end links or the extended links?? I'm kind of on the border between the two sizes.
I think you would be fine going with either one. The longer links are for leveled trucks and up to 3.5" lift. How much lift did setting #5 give you?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely get the extended ones

Users who are viewing this thread