5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway Bar Link Pins/Bushing upgrade for 2019-2022 Ram 1500

Jedi9

Reaction score
It looks like the thermoplastic is softer than poly but harder than rubber so maybe a softer ride but maybe not as durable as the poly

Jp306

Reaction score
Installed the Energy Suspension bushings last night. Very easy install and clunk is 100% gone. Big thanks to the OP @JayBee2019 for helping a guy out. So happy with this simple fix!

RebelFury

Reaction score
I am planning on buying the suspension maxx sway bar end links as mine are toast. Question I have is which ones do I get? My 2019 Rebel is stock from factory with the air suspension package and on 35s. I am assuming the ones for a stock setup but with the 6" of travel depending on my height selection (if that will even matter) I just want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct thread but I’ll give it a shot.

Installed my links maybe 3 months ago and had no issues with them. Install was a PITA which was weird seeing YouTube videos install them with ease.

Developed a clunk a month ago so went under and tightened every thing I could touch.

It helped but came back and got worse the more I drove, well today it was terrible. I crawled under the truck to see this…

Any guesses or a reason to why this happened?
IMG_7563.jpeg
IMG_7561.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Installed my links maybe 3 months ago and had no issues with them. Install was a PITA which was weird seeing YouTube videos install them with ease.

Developed a clunk a month ago so went under and tightened every thing I could touch.

It helped but came back and got worse the more I drove, well today it was terrible. I crawled under the truck to see this…

View attachment 179756
View attachment 179757
Looks like it wasn't tightened properly. If the stuff hasn't broken off, then it was too short not allowing the Teflon locking ring to hold the threads. Contact suspensionmaxx and they should help you out

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like it wasn't tightened properly. If the stuff hasn't broken off, then it was too short not allowing the Teflon locking ring to hold the threads. Contact suspensionmaxx and they should help you out
It was definitely torqued down the other side hasn’t budged but the driver side is the one pictured.

I’ll reach out them and see what they have to say or have a replacement part for the top portion that is stripped now.

Morenar

Reaction score

View attachment 179756
View attachment 179757
If I recall when I installed mine the locking washer should be on the side where the nut is on and not on the tapered washer.
1711394994949.png

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would have also had loctite on it as well when new.
I did think about doing that but I didn’t know if that was overkill.

I also did not get nylon nuts with the kit so I’ll be looking for those tomorrow at a local hardware store

Morenar

Reaction score
Answer me this is the angled washer correct or is it supposed to be in the upside down orientation to what is pictured. All the videos I looked at on YouTube didn’t specify
Angled washer I believe should be with the skinner part at the bottom. You can tell because where it sits at is angled as well. Suspensionmaxx instructions showed pictures on how it should be installed. I don’t think I have my instructions still and I am back to factory links since I went with the bds lift. Have the Suspensionmaxx sitting in the garage.
They don’t have the instructions on the site but send them an email. They are really good at getting back to questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread