5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surroundview camera

NehruB

Reaction score
I have a question, I have the 19 with the back camera, I wanted to add a separate camera for my motorcycle lift. It would be mounted on the lift and would be removed when it is off the truck. Can you tell me what part number I would need for the camera cable from the truck into the tailgate? Thanks in advance.
You will need to use the same cable as the one in the truck right now. I'm not sure what the parkview camera wire number is. Just give them your vin number but I'm not sure if that wire will be long enough for a bike trailer.

Bradleys

Reaction score
I read through the whole thread hoping there would be a solution.

I would love to add the factory front facing camera.

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
You will need to use the same cable as the one in the truck right now. I'm not sure what the parkview camera wire number is. Just give them your vin number but I'm not sure if that wire will be long enough for a bike trailer.
It will only be for the lift, the cable will be long enough for that I believe. I only need about 12"-18"

Cvero23

Reaction score
I am looking for the same. I would really like to add the surround camera option to my 19’ ram Laramie or at the minimal the front camera

amac0914

Reaction score
I can't let this thread die!
After a lot of research in the past couple of months, for now I have given up on adding the Safety features such as lane departure, adaptive cruise control etc. Only one major part (DASM) but many damn cables.
addition of 360 camera requires many cables too.
However, I think adding a front camera should be possible. need the grill insert with the front camera, cables (they sell stand alone cables so no need for changing harness) -- buying the image processing module, attach front and rear camera to the module and then attach the module to the back of screen.
of course still need the dealer to turn the feature on!
View attachment 26243 View attachment 26243 View attachment 26244 View attachment 26243 View attachment 26244 View attachment 26245 View attachment 26243 View attachment 26244 View attachment 26245
where is the camera module located? I have taken screen out and cant seem to find it anywhere

amac0914

Reaction score
I think it is behind the kick panel on the passenger side.

I was wondering about that because i saw wires running behind the passenger side. I will have to see if i can find a way to get to it now

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looked in the passenger kick panel and it wasnt there. Any other ideas

I think it’s on the passenger side of the dash. If you open the door there’s a small panel on the end of the dash that you pop off to get to it.

amac0914

Reaction score
I think it’s on the passenger side of the dash. If you open the door there’s a small panel on the end of the dash that you pop off to get to it.
just checked behind the end dash panel and not there either. I am guessing it must be behind the glove box and and behind where the in cabin air filter is. Just not sure how to get back there to it

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just checked behind the end dash panel and not there either. I am guessing it must be behind the glove box and and behind where the in cabin air filter is. Just not sure how to get back there to it

Is this what you’re looking for?

Attachments

• CVPM - Removal and Installation.pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 177
  • CVPM - Description and Operation.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 133

azzx

Reaction score
awesome!
do you have same level details for the camera/radar unit behind the rear view mirror that is used for adaptive CC and other safety features?

thanks

amac0914

Reaction score
that is exactly what i am looking for. Thanks for the diagrams. I will go back and see if i can find it again, I just didn't see it when i looked last night

amac0914

Reaction score
it apprears i am looking for the cvpm module on my truck and i dont have it. I dont have the 360 surround cameras but figured it the cvpm module would still be in the truck. I was hoping to add a front camera thru the cvpm module.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the level of your Rig ..
mine is in the kickpanel passenger side ..
I posted photos elsewhere and it shows the labels of all 4 cameras.

and thanks to @jloops for the .pdfs

Last edited:

LouCap

Reaction score
Depends on the level of your Rig ..
mine is in the kickpanel passenger side ..
I posted photos elsewhere and it shows the labels of all 4 cameras.

and thanks to @jloops for the .pdfs
I have a Limited, so I'm thinking I probably have the cvpm. If so, I would pay a pretty penny to switch out my dang tow mirrors for a set with cameras and a grill with one too. Of course, it irks me to have to spend the money since I already paid for the surround cameras, and then again for the tow package and to have those cameras removed!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2019Ram64

Reaction score
The only time you Will have the surround module is if you have 360. All of the non systems the camera connects directly to the radio harness.
However some in site here. For those who just want a front facing camera the radio when not equipped with 360 has a cargo cam input that can be activated with a tazer DT so you can essentially add the input via after market camera to your front and press the screen to activate it.

in a normal situation the 360 brain is located in the passenger kick panel. The Brain is right behind the panel mounted to a bracket. It’s unmistakable.

Users who are viewing this thread