5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis recalls 1.5M Ram trucks to fix software bug that can disable stability control

Took my truck in yesterday for the last 3 recalls (eTorque, tailgate, and ESC). They told me they did not have the update for the ESC yet so they were only able to do the other two. Just for an update to everyone.
It's almost like someone said that.

If you have followed along with any post, or news article about this recall, you would know it doesn't apply to the 2020 model year.
Yes, I am aware that for some weird reason the recall does not list the 2020. I was posting my result to illustrate that it doesn’t appear to just be an error in the wording on the recall notice.

The update is unavailable at this time but I would unmarry the Tazer before going to the dealership.
There have been several members who have gotten it completed already, so it is available.

And no need to unmarry the TazerDT, just remove it.

I did not get the update yesterday, as I've got a bad wheel speed sensor and they wanted almost $500 to fix it, and warranty won't cover it even though my truck only has 26k on it. They claim damage. I brought it home and will fix it myself, and if there isn't actually damage I'm going to be pissed but already know there's not much I can do to fight them on it. The recall was ready to be done once the sensor is fixed and they said they'd do it.

I did not get the update yesterday, as I've got a bad wheel speed sensor and they wanted almost $500 to fix it, and warranty won't cover it even though my truck only has 26k on it. They claim damage. I brought it home and will fix it myself, and if there isn't actually damage I'm going to be pissed but already know there's not much I can do to fight them on it. The recall was ready to be done once the sensor is fixed and they said they'd do it.
I'd try a different dealer.

Reactions: c3k
I'd try a different dealer.
That particular dealer is an hour and 15 minutes away. The next closest one is an hour and a half, and can't get me in for 2 weeks which is after hunting season starts.

Pay 50 bucks out of pocket for the part and do it myself, or pay more than fifty bucks in fuel and take a day off work to go somewhere else.

That particular dealer is an hour and 15 minutes away. The next closest one is an hour and a half, and can't get me in for 2 weeks which is after hunting season starts.

Pay 50 bucks out of pocket for the part and do it myself, or pay more than fifty bucks in fuel and take a day off work to go somewhere else.
That's understandable. Still seems like a ****ty dealer.

Just crawled under and looked at it. Wire is riped in half right against the frame. Not sure how the hell I missed it the first time I looked. :rolleyes:

Bought a new one for 34 bucks, ready for pickup tomorrow and I'll put it in myself in 20 minutes. I can see how this wouldn't be covered under warranty, it looks like it snagged on something. But to charge $460 for it is ridiculous.

I have a 2022 Limited w E-Torq (11,278mi) in the shop for replacing the air compressor along with a hose. The front suspension was down to the bump stops and the compressor would sporadically run while the truck was off. It has been in the shop for a week waiting on parts. I received the recall notice. I called the shop and spoke with the service manager and he looked up my VIN and said the repair is not yet available for it.

There have been several members who have gotten it completed already, so it is available.

And no need to unmarry the TazerDT, just remove it.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.PNG
    IMG_1795.PNG
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
Doesn't change the fact that several have already had it completed

Doesn't change the fact that several have already had it completed
That is because it is available for 2023 and 2024 MY, received notice from the rep they are pulling all other MY updates.

There's no parts to it, it's just a software flash.

so when are the other models listed in the NTSB going to get theirs?
I ASSume that the earlier ones, if they haven't had a problem yet, are unlikely to, so Ram is wanting to take care of the newer ones that haven't developed an issue before they do then will retrofit the older less likely to fail ones. Pure speculation with no basis in actual knowledge though.

I ASSume that the earlier ones, if they haven't had a problem yet, are unlikely to, so Ram is wanting to take care of the newer ones that haven't developed an issue before they do then will retrofit the older less likely to fail ones. Pure speculation with no basis in actual knowledge though.
the tech

Cbty2050

will have a better answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back