5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering grind

braggster

Reaction score
I have had this same problem for a while now. Mine happens while turning to the left mostly but have had it happen while turning to the right. Dealer could never get it to reproduce but everytime I drove with the service advisor or technician I was able to duplicate the sound. Technician said possibly steering rack. Next day I was given the service bulletin letter saying engineers are investigating. Been almost a year of investigating and no fix. Hey Ram, maybe you should get some new engineers. I feel I should have just stayed with Ford. Never had any issues with my three previous Fords.

fmathey

Reaction score
Since FCA still has not figured out how to solve the problem, or has at least not issued the promised software fix, I took matters into my own hands and solved my problem.... I sold the truck! Good riddance. I still have my 2016 Ecodiesel which I will keep but the 2019 is GONE!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had this same problem for a while now. Mine happens while turning to the left mostly but have had it happen while turning to the right. Dealer could never get it to reproduce but everytime I drove with the service advisor or technician I was able to duplicate the sound. Technician said possibly steering rack. Next day I was given the service bulletin letter saying engineers are investigating. Been almost a year of investigating and no fix. Hey Ram, maybe you should get some new engineers. I feel I should have just stayed with Ford. Never had any issues with my three previous Fords.
Hi @braggster, we certainly understand your desire to have this addressed. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may investigate this further on your behalf, thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
im experiencing the same issue when turning to the right. Is there a bulletin you can share? Any resolution? Thanks

Lucarotti5

Reaction score
Appreciate all of the posts about the grinding noise. We are having the same exact issue/noise with our 2019 RAM Big Horn 1500 that Chuckb posted with his video. It's very easy to reproduce. Go about 15 mph, veer to the left a little than a hard right and the noise occurs. Do this without breaking. We are beyond frustrated. Had to have the mechanic at the dealer ride with me to prove I wasn't crazy as they couldn't reproduce. They found some sort of bulletin related to the mechanical joint and are ordering parts now. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome. If anyone has found a fix or STAR bulletin PLEASE SHARE! This forum helped me to fix the tailgate issue we were experiencing (Had to move the strike bolt 1/16 forward and it was fixed!) Thanks for your posts!

AlwaysHungry

Reaction score
I have also had this issue since purchasing my Laramie. I took it to the dealer and they were not able to replicate the concern. Reading that this issue still has not been corrected is really frustrating. Has anyone been able to find a fix?

ukiahborn

Reaction score
@RamCares - I have a case (77576102) from November 2020 when I reported the issue described in this thread. From Star case number S2019000003, "Engineering is investigating" since at least April 2020. Is there anything you can do to get a more meaningful status update on progress? Many on this forum have been waiting 16+ months for a resolution. Is there light at the end of the tunnel, or should we buy Ford/GMC/Chevy if we want to make right turns?

TomB

Reaction score
Took my 2019 RAM 1500 to the dealer last Friday due to roaring noise and steering wheel vibration on low speed right turn. They tell me that Chrysler has yet to publish a fix for this known problem. The TSB was issued over a year ago, on April 27, 2020. What the actual ****.

bhurlbert

Reaction score
I've got the same issue on my 2019 Laramie 4x4
It's completely stock
The dealer said the same thing everyone else has noted
"Engineering is looking into it and we don't have a fix yet"
So, hoping for a fix, I have just over 22,000 miles on it and love the ride

Jthom

Reaction score
I have this same issue, however it appears to be coming from the rear of the vehicle. When I turn in either direction I get a rub/grind out of the back it seems. Dealer has replaced my rear diff to no avail on the issue. I attached a video I took from the outside with my wife driving the truck.

Driver0204

Reaction score
Hi @braggster, we certainly understand your desire to have this addressed. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may investigate this further on your behalf, thank you!

Kathryn
Ram Cares
It's October 2023,and this still hasn't been resolved?

Driver0204

Reaction score
Ram cares put in touch with FCA and a case number. FCA emailed me and said there is not fix for the solution right now. My dealer is working with tech but it seems like more and more people are having this issue.
Sorry to be so late in the game, I just bought my 2019, and it does this, too. Still no news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/