5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop question

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just to confirm...my 2021 Limited (eTorque) does not have a light on the start/stop button. This is not a software issue, it is a recent change in the button design itself.
As others have mentioned, I can only tell that the AS/S is activated when vehicle is stopped and the icon appears in the cluster.
I understand the concept of why there is an AS/S feature, but my preference is to keep it deactivated while driving.
No big deal for me, I am getting in the habit on pushing the button once whenever I start it up. Not enough of an issue for me to justify buying an eliminator.
My 2019 Rebel eTorque had an AS/S system with lighted button and cluster icon, so I know how it worked before the design change.
FYI - neither my dealer nor RAM can provide me any reason or information why there was a design change to the button or cluster icon. Maybe to make it more difficult to deactivate the AS/S for some crazy reason?...scratching my head on this one...
Are you sure??? I believe that you are incorrect my friend. Look closely at the bottom of the switch and you will see where the LED is located. This has been clearly documented by FCA that it is, indeed, a software issue. All switches have the LED.

Rebel19

Reaction score
Are you sure??? I believe that you are incorrect my friend. Look closely at the bottom of the switch and you will see where the LED is located. This has been clearly documented by FCA that it is, indeed, a software issue. All switches have the LED.

You are correct securityguy, my bad. With my glasses and phone light, was finally able to see the small slit for the LED light on bottom right of switch. Looking forward to the software fix...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You are correct securityguy, my bad. With my glasses and phone light, was finally able to see the small slit for the LED light on bottom right of switch. Looking forward to the software fix...
It is hard to see unless you look at it just right :)

Foxglove

Reaction score
I found this thread looking for the answer here- which appears to be that on the 2021 1500's the button works to disable the auto start/stop, but it does NOT light up, even though it has the light. So I figured I would take a photo of my button clearly showing where the LED is, but of course mine also does NOT light up (2021 1500 Limited, 5.7L etorque). My truck's 4 days old, so I guess the current software still doesn't fix this.

I should mention, I took this photo when the auto start/stop was indeed disabled -- it shows the button does not light, but I can report that the button does indeed disable the start/stop functionality.

I will also mention that I see absolutely no auto start/stop OFF indication on the instrument cluster or anywhere else like some have reported -- mine simply has no indication at all (but does work).

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found this thread looking for the answer here- which appears to be that on the 2021 1500's the button works to disable the auto start/stop, but it does NOT light up, even though it has the light. So I figured I would take a photo of my button clearly showing where the LED is, but of course mine also does NOT light up (2021 1500 Limited, 5.7L etorque). My truck's 4 days old, so I guess the current software still doesn't fix this.

I should mention, I took this photo when the auto start/stop was indeed disabled -- it shows the button does not light, but I can report that the button does indeed disable the start/stop functionality.

I will also mention that I see absolutely no auto start/stop OFF indication on the instrument cluster or anywhere else like some have reported -- mine simply has no indication at all (but does work).

View attachment 87908

View attachment 87909

There isn’t an actual light on the instrument cluster that will indicate the system is deactivated. You have to manually scroll through the menus using the directional pad on the wheel until you get to the start/stop screen. That’s the only way of visually knowing if it’s on or off currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Наш центр специализируется на современных методах имплантации челюсти при полном отсутствии зубов. Мы применяем малотравматичные методики без наращивания костной ткани: All-on-4, All-on-6, скуловая имплантация.
чайлдпорн
Totally agree!

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
Kinda late joining this Forum but I just purchased a 2021 eTorque and my Start/Stop Toggle light does not work but I do have the Cluster display. Would like both. One person said "Give them a Call" about 2021 compatibility. Who do I call- The Eliminators?

Thanks

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Kinda late joining this Forum but I just purchased a 2021 eTorque and my Start/Stop Toggle light does not work but I do have the Cluster display. Would like both. One person said "Give them a Call" about 2021 compatibility. Who do I call- The Eliminators?

Thanks
The light on the switch does not work on any 2021 trucks. Entire discussion on this topic on the forum. FCA is going to do a software update that will fix the issue, but not available yet. If you are looking to totally eliminate the Auto S/S, you can install this:

bpago

Reaction score
I traded my '19 Laramie w eTorque 2 weeks ago for '21 Limited with same engine. On the new truck I have noticed that the Start/Stop button, just below and left of the shift knob, does not light up orange when pushed to indicate that the Start/Stop feature is turned off. My Laramie lit up (bottom right of button, similar indicator as all other buttons). When I look at youtube vids I also see the button light come on. Any ideas as to why Ram changed this indicator light?
I have the same problem. 2021 1500 limited. The switch will turn stop/start on and off but no light in switch to tell you so. Have to go to cluster and read that it is off. Dealer ordered another switch, it is more than just the button control. 2 weeks later it arrived and was the wrong part. Reordered and 17 days later dealer says it might be in on Jun 10. Said that CRF does not maintain inventory but has parts supplied when a certain number is needed. Personally, I like the start/stop. It is very smooth and almost unnoticeable. It just is not consistent. Sometimes works with a/c on and other times doesn't. Says unavailable cooling or heating in progress. Great, I live in Florida.
Oh well we shall stand by for June 10. Looking at boat dealers and auto dealers in general, might indirectly be linked to Covid and supply chain.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. 2021 1500 limited. The switch will turn stop/start on and off but no light in switch to tell you so. Have to go to cluster and read that it is off. Dealer ordered another switch, it is more than just the button control. 2 weeks later it arrived and was the wrong part. Reordered and 17 days later dealer says it might be in on Jun 10. Said that CRF does not maintain inventory but has parts supplied when a certain number is needed. Personally, I like the start/stop. It is very smooth and almost unnoticeable. It just is not consistent. Sometimes works with a/c on and other times doesn't. Says unavailable cooling or heating in progress. Great, I live in Florida.
Oh well we shall stand by for June 10. Looking at boat dealers and auto dealers in general, might indirectly be linked to Covid and supply chain.
Have you read this thread??? It is not the switch…it is a software update we are all waiting on. Your dealer is a MORON!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had mine updated last week. The dealers should have it

Are you saying your light illuminates when the button is pressed now? I’m still not finding any updated data on the tsb that says the pcm update was ever released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robwah

Reaction score
Yes the programming change was applied to this issue. My light NOW illuminates. Description from my receipt listed below:

"3827 service bulletin 18-048-21 18-19-06-EB Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram current part number 68502742AC to targeted part number 68502742AD"

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes the programming change was applied to this issue. My light NOW illuminates. Description from my receipt listed below:

"3827 service bulletin 18-048-21 18-19-06-EB Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram current part number 68502742AC to targeted part number 68502742AD"
Now that's what we all are looking for!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is so concerned about the light not working. I added the autostop eliminator, and keep the auto S/S disabled. The light worked in the 2020 I used to own, and I put a piece of tape over it to block the light. Guess I'm the only one who's happy the light doesn't not work. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online