5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys, I’m early in the process but somewhat anxious and impatient already lol. From what I’ve read, if I don’t do the factory bed liner I might be able to save some time since it doesn’t have to go somewhere else? And if I’m not in D1 status yet I should still be able to change it? Order was processed 2/7 had VIN 2/9. Might not even be worth it but wondering if the time/chance to do it is right now.
for anyone reading this
there are or could be any number of things that will delay a truck after a build sheet is issued
keep in touch with your dealer
get a new poc and a dealer connect report for updated info

hang in there
you will be happy when your truck shows up!!!!

gumbo2000

Reaction score
You (and me) seem to be on of the few getting a Limited with Rambox and without Night Edition...can you let us know what bed rails you get? I want to order a cover in advance but seems you need to know your rail setup first...which seems it could be black or silver depending....
I'm waiting on a non Night Edition Limited with Rambox as well. I too would really like to know what rails (if any) it comes with.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I have a question. Do Rebels (non-GT) have a different muffler than Big Horns or other trims? My Rebel has a much more pronounced exhaust tone than my FIL’s Big Horn. Same engine (5.7 etorque). His is a 2020.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
My effin luck! They said when they were detailing the guy noticed it and it probably got damaged on the truck.

82907149af97475a15633b5536f01f91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not want it fixed on that seam and also the possibility of diminished value due to carfax. That is a joke taking off $500 dollars, like another member said that has nothing to do with pricing. Heck look at the prices on Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question. Do Rebels (non-GT) have a different muffler than Big Horns or other trims? My Rebel has a much more pronounced exhaust tone than my FIL’s Big Horn. Same engine (5.7 etorque). His is a 2020.
I feel like my Rebel has the same exhaust as my brother's Big Horn. My question would be does the GT make the Rebel faster/quicker? I thought my next would be a Rebel GT but switched up but always wonder did I give up some horsies.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found 998 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @lzj

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
502403 @lzjXX
1​
3/7/2023​
IndianaBlackLimited
I've been looking at the Window stickers on the Limiteds...why isn't there a price change for either Elite or Level 1 as both packages include the HK19 sound system? I would think the Elite package would show a lower price since the WS lists HK19 under Level 1.

bronco44

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Window stickers on the Limiteds...why isn't there a price change for either Elite or Level 1 as both packages include the HK19 sound system? I would think the Elite package would show a lower price since the WS lists HK19 under Level 1.
I have no idea if this is true, but when I was talking to the dealers about my initial build that had the Elite trim, they said the Elite package containing HK19 was an error/typo. But also claimed that if it turned out to be true, the price would be adjusted upon arrival of the truck.

It does make sense that it is a typo though. The Elite package is $2,145 and comes with the Multi-Function Tailgate ($1,095) and the Bed Utility Group ($545). That's already $1,640 without including the Pedal Kit, Headliner, Premium Seats, and Jeweled Shifter. Including the HK19 would make that $2k price be an insanely too good to be true value.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
I have no idea if this is true, but when I was talking to the dealers about my initial build that had the Elite trim, they said the Elite package containing HK19 was an error/typo. But also claimed that if it turned out to be true, the price would be adjusted upon arrival of the truck.

It does make sense that it is a typo though. The Elite package is $2,145 and comes with the Multi-Function Tailgate ($1,095) and the Bed Utility Group ($545). That's already $1,640 without including the Pedal Kit, Headliner, Premium Seats, and Jeweled Shifter. Including the HK19 would make that $2k price be an insanely too good to be true value.
Bronco, you and I ordered our limited the same day. It went to D status the same day as well. I got this email from my dealer today. Not really understood what this jb status means other than I am looking at mid March for my truck delivered to Kentucky.

"It is in JB status which means the truck is built but it needs all the trim to be put on and painted but it is a good sign and will be here before you know it. Honest estimate would be probably 3-4 weeks"

bronco44

Reaction score
Bronco, you and I ordered our limited the same day. It went to D status the same day as well. I got this email from my dealer today. Not really understood what this jb status means other than I am looking at mid March for my truck delivered to Kentucky.

"It is in JB status which means the truck is built but it needs all the trim to be put on and painted but it is a good sign and will be here before you know it. Honest estimate would be probably 3-4 weeks"
I'll probably ask for an updated POC on Monday once triple_b posts the build sheets but I'm hopeful that my truck made it that far too. Based on others experiences so far, I'm pretty sure we will both get our trucks before mid to late March 🤞

I'm sure this thread exists on this forum somewhere but here's the build status codes from the trx forum (I think they're the same): HOT! - 2022/2023 RAM TRACKER

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

thats funny
the build process is
frame
body
paint body
assemble truck
build sheet

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The truck is completely painted and assembled before it goes to the body vendor. The body vendor installs spray in bedliner, decals, and steps.

6of36

Reaction score
Elite package does not include the HK stereo.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 23-55-57 Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle Ram.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 23-55-57 Build & Price Your New Ram Vehicle Ram.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 13

6of36

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a non Night Edition Limited with Rambox as well. I too would really like to know what rails (if any) it comes with.
Trippi was responding to me on the rails. I direct messaged him back. I don't see bed group listed in your description, so you probably won't get any rails. They come with Elite or bed group.

6of36

Reaction score
That is crazy, I just went back to the build and price. When you click on and off for the two packages, it changes contents. When you click off limited 1, HK appears in Elite. When you add it, HK disappears. No change in price. I only saw it with level 1 added, so it wasn't there. Even when you do it in reverse order HK appears and disappears from Elite. I guess that's why it says not all configurations. I printed my sticker, and both are full price.

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 15

6of36

Reaction score
100% this right from the ram site...so confusing
Yep. Like I said, try going to the build and price, and click those two back and forth, and watch it change. As my sticker proves though, no discount, even though it's part of either separately.

Users who are viewing this thread