5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to all December and January orders outpacing us September orders.

@RamCares (or rather @RamDoesntGiveASh!t): The Raptor is a pretty sweet truck…
Oh, that's not the half of it. Ram has been building some trucks that were assigned VINs as late as January 10th, 2023.

mainjet

Reaction score
9 weeks and 3 days from when Ram confirmed the order until my dealer called and said it was delivered.

Taking into consideration the Cluster problem, Holiday shutdown and plant maintenance shutdown, I would consider that pretty darn good.

And as an encouragement to others watching the info systems -- Info seemed a bit delayed and then it seemed like once it went into production the truck disappeared. Then suddenly reappeared at my dealer. So don't believe every little thing that the systems seem to be reporting. Your truck is coming!

mainjet

Reaction score
obviously, I know nothing, but it seems from the Triple_B charts in post #1 that production seems to have slowed after the maintenance shutdown. They popped up there to almost 10,000 trucks in a week now it's a 1/3 of that.

LGB24

Reaction score
9 weeks and 3 days from when Ram confirmed the order until my dealer called and said it was delivered.

Taking into consideration the Cluster problem, Holiday shutdown and plant maintenance shutdown, I would consider that pretty darn good.

And as an encouragement to others watching the info systems -- Info seemed a bit delayed and then it seemed like once it went into production the truck disappeared. Then suddenly reappeared at my dealer. So don't believe every little thing that the systems seem to be reporting. Your truck is coming!
I’d be inclined to agree that 9 weeks isn’t bad. I’m at 20 weeks on Monday. When I placed my order, production was supposed to have started before you submitted your order. And as Eighty said, these 🤡 🤡 🤡 at Ram are building trucks that just got their VINs and giving the rest of us the 🖕🏻. I’m about ready to take my 80K elsewhere.

@RamCares

Kevinn

Reaction score
I’d be inclined to agree that 9 weeks isn’t bad. I’m at 20 weeks on Monday. When I placed my order, production was supposed to have started before you submitted your order. And as Eighty said, these 🤡 🤡 🤡 at Ram are building trucks that just got their VINs and giving the rest of us the 🖕🏻. I’m about ready to take my 80K elsewhere.

@RamCares
I have to admit it is frustrating when you see people starting production 5 days after they order, when there are orders from sept/oct that haven't been completed. its almost like they put VIN's on the wall and throw darts to decide whos next :(

Mdhwoods

Reaction score

@RamCares
ya, but is it fair for us to count the weeks before production even started? though i agree, how is it orders just processed are being built before orders in oct etc.

LGB24

Reaction score
ya, but is it fair for us to count the weeks before production even started? though i agree, how is it orders just processed are being built before orders in oct etc.
I think anything after 10/31 is fair because that was the date when production was supposed to start when I ordered (see chart below). So, I'll change my wait time to 12 weeks. But one Ram chat dude told me my truck would be built the first week in January. That was clearly BS. So, I'm changing my wait time back to 20 weeks.

1674239403765.png

motstock

Reaction score
I have to admit it is frustrating when you see people starting production 5 days after they order, when there are orders from sept/oct that haven't been completed. its almost like they put VIN's on the wall and throw darts to decide whos next :(
That would be a sweet job, throwing darts at VIN numbers all day and then monitoring forums like this just for laughs.😂

TACKLEBOX

Reaction score
I'm starting to think I should order an identical build from a different dealer and see how many weeks earlier the new one gets delivered than the one I ordered in Sept.

Last edited:

Goodone

Reaction score
You registered your truck (on the tracker) in the TRX forum, and tripleB reported your build sheet this morning.

Actually I did it here too, I had an issue with the log in sending me a confirm email, but its good now. I went over to the TRX site since it actually let me log in.

All good now.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Both identical 2022 Rebels I ordered for last year from 2 different dealers took exactly 9 weeks from order to delivery. :ROFLMAO:

StickVA

Reaction score
I know this is probably wishful thinking but in preparation for my truck actually making it to the dealership are there currently any incentives Ram is offering?

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Well, y'all I love this forum thread so much that we decided to abuse ourselves a bit - our original order was for a Longhorn back in Aug and it's never made it to production - in fact our dealer advised on Jan 16 that there is still no ETA. Perhaps this is because we ordered a V6 or maybe due to something else (L1 package, sunroof, who knows), but the point is that it's been 5 months and still no ETA. As a result we abandoned that order and ordered thru a new dealer. However this time we changed the order a bit and went with the more common V8 w eTorque along with other features shows in my signature line. Our hope is that we'll get a truck one day...

Best of all we get to endure the 'fun' of enjoying the never-ending wait with all of you on this thread! Yeah, good times!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Well, y'all I love this forum thread so much that we decided to abuse ourselves a bit - our original order was for a Longhorn back in Aug and it's never made it to production - in fact our dealer advised on Jan 16 that there is still no ETA. Perhaps this is because we ordered a V6 or maybe due to something else (L1 package, sunroof, who knows), but the point is that it's been 5 months and still no ETA. As a result we abandoned that order and ordered thru a new dealer. However this time we changed the order a bit and went with the more common V8 w eTorque along with other features shows in my signature line. Our hope is that we'll get a truck one day...

Best of all we get to endure the 'fun' of enjoying the never-ending wait with all of you on this thread! Yeah, good times!
make sure you register the vin when you get it in triple_b's tracker

LGB24

Reaction score

Get that MAGA HEMI!

Users who are viewing this thread