5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

Dietz5285

Reaction score
Well, y'all I love this forum thread so much that we decided to abuse ourselves a bit - our original order was for a Longhorn back in Aug and it's never made it to production - in fact our dealer advised on Jan 16 that there is still no ETA. Perhaps this is because we ordered a V6 or maybe due to something else (L1 package, sunroof, who knows), but the point is that it's been 5 months and still no ETA. As a result we abandoned that order and ordered thru a new dealer. However this time we changed the order a bit and went with the more common V8 w eTorque along with other features shows in my signature line. Our hope is that we'll get a truck one day...

Best of all we get to endure the 'fun' of enjoying the never-ending wait with all of you on this thread! Yeah, good times!
Just curious, when you canceled did you lose your deposit?

Pclantz

Reaction score
Won't make a difference. Ordered 2 a month apart from the same dealer and the one I ordered first is still pending. The other one is now in production.
I'm starting to think I should order an identical build from a different dealer and see how many weeks earlier the new one gets delivered than the one I order

Pclantz

Reaction score
So I ordered a Flame Red GT Laramie in November. I changed my mind to a Delmonico Red and then RAM said they couldn't do my build in a Delmonico and my local dealer took it upon themselves to order the EXACT same package/truck but in Ivory White. One month almost to the day later and the 2nd order is now scheduled.....RAM is batshit crazy......

LGB24

Reaction score
So I ordered a Flame Red GT Laramie in November. I changed my mind to a Delmonico Red and then RAM said they couldn't do my build in a Delmonico and my local dealer took it upon themselves to order the EXACT same package/truck but in Ivory White. One month almost to the day later and the 2nd order is now scheduled.....RAM is batshit crazy......
As far as I can tell, being Scheduled is the same as not placing an order all. Either way, you're not getting a truck.

StickVA

Reaction score
Well, y'all I love this forum thread so much that we decided to abuse ourselves a bit - our original order was for a Longhorn back in Aug and it's never made it to production - in fact our dealer advised on Jan 16 that there is still no ETA. Perhaps this is because we ordered a V6 or maybe due to something else (L1 package, sunroof, who knows), but the point is that it's been 5 months and still no ETA. As a result we abandoned that order and ordered thru a new dealer. However this time we changed the order a bit and went with the more common V8 w eTorque along with other features shows in my signature line. Our hope is that we'll get a truck one day...

Best of all we get to endure the 'fun' of enjoying the never-ending wait with all of you on this thread! Yeah, good times!
Your first order was very similar to mine with the exception of the engine. I went with the large carbon footprint V8 Hemi vs the green V6. Mine just finished being built on the 18th. Anyway good luck with your new order.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
some time when the same name shows up ram cancels the order

Pclantz

Reaction score
some time when the same name shows up ram cancels the order
I've been in touch with my dealer and they confirmed my original order is good to go. I have a VIN for each. Again, the 2nd order was because my dealer thought I'd like the white color instead.....

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in touch with my dealer and they confirmed my original order is good to go. I have a VIN for each. Again, the 2nd order was because my dealer thought I'd like the white color instead.....
Was your second order set up as a “sold order” with your name as the buyer? Or as a dealer stock order?

Pclantz

Reaction score
Was your second order set up as a “sold order” with your name as the buyer? Or as a dealer stock order?
No clue to be honest. Both orders are always up on my laptop which I refresh daily, and use my last name plus the order number to check them. I live a ways away from the dealer and finally stopped in last week and they confirmed both orders and said they should process soon.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ya, but is it fair for us to count the weeks before production even started? though i agree, how is it orders just processed are being built before orders in oct etc.
I wonder if Ram has priority dealers based on prior year sales? I have never ordered before and noticed my POC had a line item 'Build Priority 1' on it...no idea what that is but sure sounds hopeful. LOL!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No clue to be honest. Both orders are always up on my laptop which I refresh daily, and use my last name plus the order number to check them. I live a ways away from the dealer and finally stopped in last week and they confirmed both orders and said they should process soon.
Well if the tracker works with your name, then they used your name for the order. Technically, that’s against the rules unless you actually placed the order and intend to buy two trucks.

Pclantz

Reaction score
Well if the tracker works with your name, then they used your name for the order. Technically, that’s against the rules unless you actually placed the order and intend to buy two trucks.
I have plenty of email corrspondence to not worry about that. I wish I could take delivery of both though. Thanks Eighty.

Derrick-23

Reaction score

Hmm… I originally placed my original order and which was confirmed on 12/13. 2 days later I decided to make a slight change to my order. The dealer said they did not make changes and instead placed a new order which was confirmed on the 16th. But both are still under my name and neither has made any progress on the pizza tracker. Should I be concerned?

LGB24

Reaction score
Hmm… I originally placed my original order and which was confirmed on 12/13. 2 days later I decided to make a slight change to my order. The dealer said they did not make changes and instead placed a new order which was confirmed on the 16th. But both are still under my name and neither has made any progress on the pizza tracker. Should I be concerned?
No - go look at my (and others) extensive (and perhaps excessive) complaining. Our August and September orders are languishing while others get built. Don't worry - you're December, so you'll be done before us.

Last edited:

TReX-RAM

Reaction score
Things are moving faster than expected. Tracker changed to production has started. Now just have to decide by Feb if I’m flying to Louisiana to drive back to NY or just getting the truck shipped.
Mardi Gra is in Feb…🙂

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t want to get everyone freaked out. If you order another truck because you changed your mind, that’s fine.
If a dealer is creating orders on your behalf but without your knowledge, that’s against the rules. Last year, several dealers were audited by Stellantis for exactly this thing: fraudulent “sold orders”.

Users who are viewing this thread