5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

mainjet

Reaction score
No - go look at my (and others) extensive (and perhaps excessive) complaining. Our August and September orders are languishing while others get built. Don't worry - your December, so you'll be done before us.
I won’t be surprised if your truck pops up today or tomorrow built. I found that while the information that was flying around didn’t seem to always jive, it was pretty much at what my ship date (built off the line) said it would be. By the time my build sheet came up on the 11th my POC showed it in paint on the 10th. My estimated ship date was the 12th (again, off the line). Then I was getting nothing for some days and wondering what happened so I pushed my sales guy for another POC (best, real info) and it showed it was in a rail yard and it was invoiced. So now I start dreaming about how long that shipping process is going to take and will my truck get stolen first😁. Then my dealer calls and says it is at the dealership.

Long story short, you are right at your production finish date. Expect to see your build sheet very soon. They are looking good on shipments now, shipping a lot of trucks. So I don’t think it will sit very long before it’s on its way to you. My pizza tracker still says my estimated delivery date is 1/23. But it already delivered 1/19 or 1/20.

It’s coming soon… start thinking about what you’re going to do with all your free time once your truck is here. I’m thinking about ordering another one just for the excitement 🤣

mainjet

Reaction score
Examples of how quickly it can move when it does finally move
Steelhorse - BStoWS - 0 days
Chaos79 - BStoWS - 1 day
Mainjet - BStoWS - 7 dayso_O

My ETA was 2/6 but it delivered 1/19 or 1/20. Don’t lose faith.

LGB24

Reaction score
I won’t be surprised if your truck pops up today or tomorrow built. I found that while the information that was flying around didn’t seem to always jive, it was pretty much at what my ship date (built off the line) said it would be. By the time my build sheet came up on the 11th my POC showed it in paint on the 10th. My estimated ship date was the 12th (again, off the line). Then I was getting nothing for some days and wondering what happened so I pushed my sales guy for another POC (best, real info) and it showed it was in a rail yard and it was invoiced. So now I start dreaming about how long that shipping process is going to take and will my truck get stolen first😁. Then my dealer calls and says it is at the dealership.

Long story short, you are right at your production finish date. Expect to see your build sheet very soon. They are looking good on shipments now, shipping a lot of trucks. So I don’t think it will sit very long before it’s on its way to you. My pizza tracker still says my estimated delivery date is 1/23. But it already delivered 1/19 or 1/20.

It’s coming soon… start thinking about what you’re going to do with all your free time once your truck is here. I’m thinking about ordering another one just for the excitement 🤣
The fact that mine hasn’t even shown FRAME status on @triple_B ’s tracker suggests to me that I really haven’t started production and that the POC estimated ship date (1:59am today) was in fact wrong.

mainjet

Reaction score
The fact that mine hasn’t even shown FRAME status on @triple_B ’s tracker suggests to me that I really haven’t started production and that the POC estimated ship date (1:59am today) was in fact wrong.
Well I don’t claim to understand it but mine never came up as “frame” either. They say that the build sheet comes out when the truck is complete off the line I believe. But when Triple_B posted my build sheet he said “starting production”. So I was confused by that. However, I already knew from a POC I had, that my truck went into production on the 9th and was in paint on the 10th or so. Probably the lag time between when information is released and posted compared to the plant running 24 hours, skews what may really be physically happening with the truck and what the last paperwork reports it is.
I asked for another POC on the 18th and the truck was released and invoiced already. So in that time it had gone through the body vendor and emissions, etc.

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Just curious, when you canceled did you lose your deposit?
So I expected that I would lost the deposit but it turned out that I did not. When we placed the order back in Aug we were told by dealer it would take 3-4 months to get the truck and we ordered based off that info. It's now been 5 months and still no ETA so we asked for the order to be cancelled and deposit back and they were kind enough to agree. Additionally with the new order at the new dealer we made the deposit refundable as part of the agreement if the truck isn't here by the end of April - the dealer had no problem agreeing to that. I was pleasantly surprised.

LGB24

Reaction score
Well I don’t claim to understand it but mine never came up as “frame” either. They say that the build sheet comes out when the truck is complete off the line I believe. But when Triple_B posted my build sheet he said “starting production”. So I was confused by that. However, I already knew from a POC I had, that my truck went into production on the 9th and was in paint on the 10th or so. Probably the lag time between when information is released and posted compared to the plant running 24 hours, skews what may really be physically happening with the truck and what the last paperwork reports it is.
I asked for another POC on the 18th and the truck was released and invoiced already. So in that time it had gone through the body vendor and emissions, etc.
I hope that’s true for me!

mainjet

Reaction score
Triple_B’s info is awesome but he even says he can’t see anymore than we can see. The POC is the best info. My POC had an estimated ship date of 1:59 AM 1/12. Triple posted my BS on 1/11. What is the status on your POC. The POC ship date I believe means shipped off the assembly line, right?

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Your first order was very similar to mine with the exception of the engine. I went with the large carbon footprint V8 Hemi vs the green V6. Mine just finished being built on the 18th. Anyway good luck with your new order.
StickVa - you are correct and u also ordered a couple weeks after us. Although I was happy for you, seeing that your vehicle got built and ours still had no ETA was the final nail in the coffin for us with that original order that led us to cancel it. Even though the V6 is the 'standard' engine for the Longhorn I challenge you to try to find one anywhere - they're all V8 or diesel. When we ordered originally we just assumed the V6 was readily available since it was the default choice and since we aren't towing we chose to go with the V6. But in the 5 months since we ordered, and with getting tired of waiting, we've shopped all over creation for another Longhorn with the features we want (primarily Level 1 package, Sunroof, and Ivory) - it was hard enough to find a Longhorn with these things that's available for sale and impossible with a V6. So we got to thinking maybe we shoulda gone with a V8?

As it turned out, we realized that while the vehicles we currently drive are V6, we never actually drove a Longhorn V6 (our test drives were V8 because that's all that was available) so when we decided to give up on the original order we also decided to make sure to test drive a V6 vs V8 - which we did at the new dealer. Driving the V6 was fine and I'm sure we could have lived with it and not known any better, but if you test drive them back to back there is a clear difference - not just in power (which is obvious) but in how the engine 'feels' for the truck. The Longhorn is a big truck and the V6 feels slightly underpowered when you initially accelerate - you can feel it take a bit of effort to get going - again probably not surprising. But the V8 is like 'always ready to go' - we pictured being on the highway and needing to pass a semi or something to avoid heavy traffic and that extra power could be critical. That's what sold us on the V8 despite the worse gas mileage. That and the fact that my wife and I joke that the gas guzzling V8 is better suited to our MAGA mindset - which is also why we got the bigger gas tank - because who doesn't want $120 fill ups every time you go the pump and say #FJB?

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Many of us in south Louisiana flee the state for Mardi Gras. This year my wife and I are going to Disney. 😂
And my daughter will be right in the heart of it. Lol She‘s finishing up her final year at Tulane. She kept wanting us to come, i kept coming up with reasons not to. lol Though being a Floridian, I’m not sure Disney is a better choice to avoid throngs of people. Haah

And my latest POC slipped a day from the 25th to the 26, so things are looking good.

LGB24

Reaction score
Triple_B’s info is awesome but he even says he can’t see anymore than we can see. The POC is the best info. My POC had an estimated ship date of 1:59 AM 1/12. Triple posted my BS on 1/11. What is the status on your POC. The POC ship date I believe means shipped off the assembly line, right?
I got a POC last week or the week before that showed the ship date as 1/22. I got another POC on Monday or Tuesday this week that showed the ship date as 1/21 (seemed like a good sign that the date got moved up one day). The POC from this week showed me in D1 status.

LGB24

Reaction score
FWIW, I got this from the Ram Chat people:

"your order has an estimated production plan which will take place on 01-16-23, rest rest assured that this is being monitored and handled accordingly"

They do know that 1/16 was five days ago...right?

MrWeatherman

Reaction score

"your order has an estimated production plan which will take place on 01-16-23, rest rest assured that this is being monitored and handled accordingly"

They do know that 1/16 was five days ago...right?

My email said the week of the 16th. If they are working OT today then hopefully we can get ours started at least. If not let’s hope for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Well I also got impatient and ordered a 2023 Denali with the 3.0 duramax, crew cab, reserve pkg, standard bed, black wheels, sunroof and painted wheel well openings. Did this for supplier pricing.

LGB24

Reaction score
She's a beauty! Congratulations! Nothing better than brand new clean paint...now I'm hoping I won't be sad going from a Rebel to a Limited. LOL!
Why did you choose to go Limited instead of getting another Rebel?

mainjet

Reaction score

They do know that 1/16 was five days ago...
Mine went into production in the 9th according to POC but pizza said built on the 17th. I know it wasn’t on the assembly line all that time and I know by POC is was invoiced on the 17th.

This leads me to believe you probably went into production on the 16th and you are probably built but the paperwork hasn’t caught up yet. I think you will find that it will have been built and invoiced very soon

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why did you choose to go Limited instead of getting another Rebel?
I am currently leasing as I had never owned a Ram before and thought this was best for a 'trial' run. I originally had my mind made up that my next truck would be the Rebel GT...cuz I love my Rebel and why not go next level. With all of the extra things I wanted to try out that were missing from my current ride, the price was really getting up there. So then I started looking at Limited. In the end knowing that I never used the Rebel to it's full potential I decided to go Limited for a more luxury feel this time around and the option for the lighter interior. Basically wanted a change of pace and more bells and whistles but the Rebel has been fun to drive and looks the best IMO.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
Woooooo!!! Finallyyy!! Never lose hope.

48b30cc10d23fc62bbe671467739574b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread