5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
OK. So I'm finally starting to get the hang of this now. I did NOT know that the graph on POST #1 is what actually gets updated.
ME + EVERYONE ELSE = SAME PAGE Just got email from sales guy, tells me my code is still KZP. I guess it still means she is still waiting for a ride.

ObiRedKenobi

Reaction score
OK. So I'm finally starting to get the hang of this now. I did NOT know that the graph on POST #1 is what actually gets updated.
ME + EVERYONE ELSE = SAME PAGE Just got email from sales guy, tells me my code is still KZP. I guess it still means she is still waiting for a ride.
KZP – Truck is sent offsite to a vendor location for shipping

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Went to dealership and was able to speak with general manager.
It is done the 23 Laramie order is canceled.
So ordered a 2023 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 (153.5 in. WB 6 ft 4 in box) Billet Silver, Trailer Brake Control, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Black Pwr-Fold Trailer tow mirrors, E-Locker Rear axle, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Limited Level 1 Equipment group, Night edition, Bed Utility group and Trailer Tow group.
Now I can wait in peace!

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Anyone wondering where SHAP's focus was this past weekend, here's the breakdown by VIN group. Looks like they're filling in the 522-529 groups and pushing hard on the 540-542 groups. I suspect that, just like last year, all of the other unfinished groups will see slow progress over the next several months.

View attachment 146485
any idea why that is? just curious as i am in the 515 and 800 of the trucks are done. of course not mine and just today the car im getting rid of had issues. Go figure.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
any idea why that is? just curious as i am in the 515 and 800 of the trucks are done. of course not mine and just today the car im getting rid of had issues. Go figure.
That is a subject of continuous debate. Only Stellantis knows why they build in the order that they do. But that pattern existed last year...advancing ahead into the next VIN groups while leaving the balance of older VIN groups behind (to be finished slowly). I suspect it has to do with keeping dealers happy, by focusing on stock orders. And it certainly has to do with parts availability. Some of that may go hand-in-hand - dealers order easy configurations, while customers order more difficult configurations.

spithead051

Reaction score
That is a subject of continuous debate. Only Stellantis knows why they build in the order that they do. But that pattern existed last year...advancing ahead into the next VIN groups while leaving the balance of older VIN groups behind (to be finished slowly). I suspect it has to do with keeping dealers happy, by focusing on stock orders. And it certainly has to do with parts availability. Some of that may go hand-in-hand - dealers order easy configurations, while customers order more difficult configurations.

I think the dealer stock is a big reason for the randomness and they do order easier configurations. I was talking to the guy who submits the inventory orders at one of my local dealers last year and he said that once they review the most desired features, they will call their regional rep and "mold" the configuration so that they get the quickest order -> lot time. Explains some of the odd builds you see on dealer lots too.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Went to dealership and was able to speak with general manager.
It is done the 23 Laramie order is canceled.
So ordered a 2023 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 (153.5 in. WB 6 ft 4 in box) Billet Silver, Trailer Brake Control, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Black Pwr-Fold Trailer tow mirrors, E-Locker Rear axle, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Limited Level 1 Equipment group, Night edition, Bed Utility group and Trailer Tow group.
Now I can wait in peace!
What is strange, it is not on the Ram website builder nor did the dealer have the option for the 33 gallon fuel tank show up when building the Limited. This is not a big deal, I just find it odd.

Ruger

Reaction score
Has anyone compared their original POC to the new 2023 build guide prices and the window sticker price? Some item have gone up and others down. Also their website contradicts certain parts of the build. Like Laramie wheels 20s vs 22s if you ordered the night addition and off road package. (It states it in exterior; on their website.) so with the lowering in some prices and what’s stated on the website can you hold them (the dealer) to changes items or prices. My original POC is still priced better then the current builder but would like to make the final price even better.

Pclantz

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie G/T in Delmonico. The dealer told me a month later Ram won't build one in that color/trim level. I told them I'd go with Ivory White. In the meantime the original order became Flame Red, and the dealership went ahead and placed a new order with the Ivory White. Poor communication by them, but I decided to track both, and whichever one comes in first I'll take. The dealer told me I'm not committed to either one.

Ruger

Reaction score
I guess I have way too much time on my hands waiting for my truck to ship. 😑

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie G/T in Delmonico. The dealer told me a month later Ram won't build one in that color/trim level. I told them I'd go with Ivory White. In the meantime the original order became Flame Red, and the dealership went ahead and placed a new order with the Ivory White. Poor communication by them, but I decided to track both, and whichever one comes in first I'll take. The dealer told me I'm not committed to either one.
With about 20,000 trucks built so far for MY2023, there's been exactly ONE Laramie G/T built. And it was a "Product Evaluation Run" build. So you might be tracking for a little while...

cliffsta

Reaction score
Thats my daily goal, tomake a few happy but disappoint the rest! ;)
Maybe you should be the dream killer instead of Eighty 😂

No I’d like to echo others and thank you for your hard work. You’ve always been a step ahead of my dealer. They still haven’t called to tell me the truck is built. I asked for a status update Friday.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Maybe you should be the dream killer instead of Eighty 😂

No I’d like to echo others and thank you for your hard work. You’ve always been a step ahead of my dealer. They still haven’t called to tell me the truck is built. I asked for a status update Friday.
My truck has been built since 12-14, just got email and text from ramtrucks telling me so. I'm afraid it may already be here by the time they tell me its shipped.;)

StickVA

Reaction score
Was looking over the RAM TRACKER data today and there are several Limiteds and Limited Longhorns with status D1 but I don't see any that have made it to E yet. Wonder if there is a hold up with something on them?

Pclantz

Reaction score
With about 20,000 trucks built so far for MY2023, there's been exactly ONE Laramie G/T built. And it was a "Product Evaluation Run" build. So you might be tracking for a little while...
Well that sucks. Strange though because I've seen a ton of G/Ts on Facebook and Google that aren't Rebels, so they have to be Laramies. Ram won't build the G/T in a Bighorn or Limited trim?? Or they are simply slowing down production of them for '23?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was looking over the RAM TRACKER data today and there are several Limiteds and Limited Longhorns with status D1 but I don't see any that have made it to E yet. Wonder if there is a hold up with something on them?
They have build just shy of 3500 Limiteds and Longhorns so far this year so basing anything on the 41 members with either of those models doesnt really indicate a hold up.

(Clip from todays chart)
1671487418380.png

Users who are viewing this thread