5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

motstock

Reaction score
The new truck is actually for my wife and it’s her birthday today. Wish we’re taking delivery but I will settle for scheduled.😀

Attachments

• 2BBAACD9-82DC-4CFD-A6E5-14A0BE1F5F11.jpeg
    2BBAACD9-82DC-4CFD-A6E5-14A0BE1F5F11.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 24

DiezNutz

Reaction score
Odered 9/7/22, Flame Red, night edition Bighorn for wife and White, night edition Rebel for me. Bighorn is in local railyard to go to dealer next week and Rebel has been built waiting to ship. Have window stickers on both and Rebel shows class III bumper hitch, rumor was , no hitch on Rebel's standard, will wait and see what is on truck when it shows.
No *Class IV* hitch on Rebel's standard. Have to pay extra for that now, which is indeed stingy given the base price increases.
We're still getting Class III bumper hitches (I'm same as you, Rebel with poverty spec hitch)
For the added cost of the Class IV, I'm more than happy to put my own Curt or Draw-Tite on for half that, RAM can get bent on that one.

bikemancs

Reaction score
Correct. All 2023 5.7 Hemis are eTorque.
But what a lot of folks seem not to know/realize is, they've removed the Start/Stop feature of previous years.
So it's mainly just there to act as an "e-Diesel" now.
IMO, all the benefits of the off-the-line torque boost without the annoying *** Start/Stop.
Which should also save some wear and tear on it. Bonus. (y)
Interesting... Could you link me to something that details that?

DiezNutz

Reaction score
Not true. Look at post #473.
Yes true. I was sitting there looking at the 2023 order configurator with the Dealer when we built mine. :)
There was NO non-eTorque option available. Which is also what RAM has published.
Which means one of three possibilities:
1. Those are the last of the 2022s on your chart, not 2023s.
2. Since late September, for some unknown reason, in some unknown place, some non-eTorque availability was offered. Somehow.
3. Someone opened a wormhole.

DiezNutz

Reaction score
Interesting... Could you link me to something that details that?
I don't have a link, it's what two different Dealers told me in September, and sure enough "Start/Stop" lingo was dropped from 2023 POCs I received (2022s used to say "Start/Stop".)
I'd also seen this mentioned a few other places.
But... curveball... I just checked my Window Sticker and it says "w/ Stop/Start", so now I don't know what to think, honestly.
Guess I'll find out what's true when it shows up... dang.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes true. I was sitting there looking at the 2023 order configurator with the Dealer when we built mine. :)
There was NO non-eTorque option available. Which is also what RAM has published.
Which means one of three possibilities:
1. Those are the last of the 2022s on your chart, not 2023s.
2. Since late September, for some unknown reason, in some unknown place, some non-eTorque availability was offered. Somehow.
3. Someone opened a wormhole.
I can assure that they’re 2023’s. Here's an example of a Rebel that was produced today. Overall, there have been 541 trucks (2023, with 5.7L Hemi, non-eTorque) produced so far.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
Wooooo!!! I can officially join you in celebrating! Finally something.

e28377b3f560e604ce6c35dc7847cb92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiezNutz

Reaction score
I can assure that they’re 2023’s. Here's an example of a Rebel that was produced today. Overall, there have been 541 trucks (2023, with 5.7L Hemi, non-eTorque) produced so far.

Yep. I believe you.
But, given what I've witnessed firsthand, and numerous media outlets reporting for months now that eTorque is Standard on the 2023 HEMI... and many other members across other forums and fb groups saying the same thing...
My question to you now, given all of the info and things you're plugged into, is:
Can you explain this apparent discrepancy at all? :)
Wormhole?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I believe you.
But, given what I've witnessed firsthand, and numerous media outlets reporting for months now that eTorque is Standard on the 2023 HEMI... and many other members across other forums and fb groups saying the same thing...
My question to you now, given all of the info and things you're plugged into, is:
Can you explain this apparent discrepancy at all? :)
Wormhole?
What I found last year is that there are certain dealers who can order options that others can’t. For example, when power folding mirrors were restricted (forcing Level B instead of Level 2), some people were still able to order Level 2.
So there appears to be no single hard rule when it comes to ordering.

DiezNutz

Reaction score
What I found last year is that there are certain dealers who can order options that others can’t. For example, when power folding mirrors were restricted (forcing Level B instead of Level 2), some people were still able to order Level 2.
So there appears to be no single hard rule when it comes to ordering.
I hear ya. That was more due to chip shortage though, not an "official" product offering (i.e., there was no 'B' when that mess started, it got created as a way of dealing with the problem).
This is a little bit different. Not sure why the automotive press and everyone else is saying eTorque standard, if it isn't actually.
Unless... I wonder if what's really going on here is "eTorque delete".
As in, yeah it's "Standard", but a customer is jumping up and down that they don't want blankety-blank eTorque, dealer calls factory rep in a panic, and they tell them about the "hidden eTorque delete" option... and the sale is saved.
In which case, nobody's wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread