5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I believe you.
But, given what I've witnessed firsthand, and numerous media outlets reporting for months now that eTorque is Standard on the 2023 HEMI... and many other members across other forums and fb groups saying the same thing...
My question to you now, given all of the info and things you're plugged into, is:
Can you explain this apparent discrepancy at all? :)
Wormhole?
I would also add that the beginning of the model year always has some overlap with options. e-Torque may be standard now, but when the 23' books opened up in the middle of 2022 there might have still been the option to order a non e-Torque hemi as it was removed completely on day 1. There are multiple instances of options that either aren't available in the beginning and are added mid model year or vice versa, and removed mid year.

DiezNutz

Reaction score
I would also add that the beginning of the model year always has some overlap with options. e-Torque may be standard now, but when the 23' books opened up in the middle of 2022 there might have still been the option to order a non e-Torque hemi as it was removed completely on day 1. There are multiple instances of options that either aren't available in the beginning and are added mid model year or vice versa, and removed mid year.
That actually sounds completely plausible, you might have very well nailed it.
Would explain everything to satisfaction, I think. Thanks :)

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
Useless information here. But I just noticed one Granite being built today, would that be mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cliffsta

Reaction score
Wow, that's a bummer. I ordered mine almost same time as yours. It was confirmed August 29th and in production December 12 with estimated delivery date of Jan 15 2023
I was confirmed 8/25 and production December 5, ETA January 8th, but I’m still in storage as of 12/16. Been there a week. Hopefully they make their way to wherever I’m at on the lot with a cluster soon. Knowing my luck I’m buried in a corner and they’ll never get to me 😂

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Found 1009 Window Stickers tonight. None of them were forum members.

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
501785 @WoodgrainFRAME
1/28/2023​
KYLaramie
502479 @spaciousgarageFRAME
1/20/2023​
CAWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
My truck has a production # 502936, I was told on Thursday by my guy at the dealership that it was in the hands of a 'body vendor'. Yesterday my window sticker was available. And it still shows delivery of January 13th.

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
At least you all get Pizza Trackers to look at. I just get disappointment and shame.

View attachment 146258
@HazMatt this brings up a philosophical question - is it better to know the status or not know? Without a line of sight, maybe you can 'enjoy' the freedom of not having to check every day (or 5 minutes). Interesting dilemma

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
@HazMatt this brings up a philosophical question - is it better to know the status or not know? Without a line of sight, maybe you can 'enjoy' the freedom of not having to check every day (or 5 minutes). Interesting dilemma
I was in that dilemma back in Sept.,Oct., and early Nov. I saw no updates and was in despair and wondering if I should cancel the order, and settle for what was on the lot.
Patience is not a virtue I was born with,as an Aries,(Ram),go figure right! But settling for something on the lot is what most of us have had to do ( before finding out that you can order what you want), like I did in Sep.
Patience, is, as I have found, is overrated!
Since Sep.15 I was watching that 'Pizza Tracker' multiple times a day, and hitting that refresh button more times than I would shamefully admit here! But they say,'Good things come to those who wait' BS. I want mine now!! I got 4 weeks to go. 🙏🙏

mainjet

Reaction score
Hang in there. You will be happy when it finally starts production but the waiting is difficult

OneEmmanuel

Reaction score
Question for ya'll;

I've never ordered a vehicle before. Of course I choose to do it when the market is as weird as it is. My truck should be ready for pickup in a few weeks, what kind of negotiating can I expect to do? MSRP for my build is around 77k but I'm getting FWP for about 72k. Is that a "deal?" Or can I expect to negotiate a bit more off?

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
Hang in there. You will be happy when it finally starts production but the waiting is difficult
I've had my 2007 1500 since 2013. Got her with 61,000 miles. Now she's going on 149,000 and giving her to my step son as soon as my new truck gets here. This will be my first brand new ever! Got the wifey a 2011 Journey with 5 miles on it in February of 2011, still a Great little CUV, and has 107,300 miles today.
I can wait a little longer,I guess. 😬😬

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question for ya'll;

I've never ordered a vehicle before. Of course I choose to do it when the market is as weird as it is. My truck should be ready for pickup in a few weeks, what kind of negotiating can I expect to do? MSRP for my build is around 77k but I'm getting FWP for about 72k. Is that a "deal?" Or can I expect to negotiate a bit more off?
Any negotiating should have been done when you ordered it. They have all the leverage now, you have none. The deal was made when they offered you FWP and you placed the order.
That said, getting $5k off MSRP right now, at a local-to-you dealer isn’t bad. You could have done better by ordering from one of the volume dealers (like Mark Dodge), but then you would have to ship or drive your truck home.

OneEmmanuel

Reaction score
Any negotiating should have been done when you ordered it. They have all the leverage now, you have none. The deal was made when they offered you FWP and you placed the order.
That said, getting $5k off MSRP right now, at a local-to-you dealer isn’t bad. You could have done better by ordering from one of the volume dealers (like Mark Dodge), but then you would have to ship or drive your truck home.
Unfortunately, I didn’t know anything about volume dealers like Mark Dodge until after I placed my order, when I joined this forum. What’s frustrating is that I’ve been asking my dealer for an out the door price since I’ve ordered. I‘ve been told that we can’t really know until the time of delivery because of rebates, incentives, etc. Now that I’ve typed that out, I feel ridiculous. I wouldn’t be against ordering through Mark Dodge if the savings were significantly better. Turns out, it’s only a 2 1/2 hour drive from me.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn’t know anything about volume dealers like Mark Dodge until after I placed my order, when I joined this forum. What’s frustrating is that I’ve been asking my dealer for an out the door price since I’ve ordered. I‘ve been told that we can’t really know until the time of delivery because of rebates, incentives, etc. Now that I’ve typed that out, I feel ridiculous. I wouldn’t be against ordering through Mark Dodge if the savings were significantly better. Turns out, it’s only a 2 1/2 hour drive from me.
If your deal was for FWP, and your dealer didn’t price-lock at the time of order, then it will be a moving target until the window sticker is issued. Ram could raise the base price tomorrow, and the FWP price would go up.
But at least you’ve got a deal that is based on a documentable metric. Some people don’t talk money at all until delivery, then find out the dealer wants a $10k markup above MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread