5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
I guess I am getting a pretty good deal. My salesman told me the same thing when we put in my order that I would still be 'entitled' to whatever promotions and incentives where available "when the truck gets here". But now we know that it won't get here until the 2nd week in Jan. I wonder if there will be any good deals going on after the first of the year. Right now my window sticker shows a price tag of $62,760. The dealership printout shows the FFP of $57,645, which is what I 'should' be paying, minus whatever incentives are out there at delivery. Any thoughts about what may be available after the first of the year??

Attachments

• 2023 RAM 1500 SPECS.jpg
    2023 RAM 1500 SPECS.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn’t know anything about volume dealers like Mark Dodge until after I placed my order, when I joined this forum. What’s frustrating is that I’ve been asking my dealer for an out the door price since I’ve ordered. I‘ve been told that we can’t really know until the time of delivery because of rebates, incentives, etc. Now that I’ve typed that out, I feel ridiculous. I wouldn’t be against ordering through Mark Dodge if the savings were significantly better. Turns out, it’s only a 2 1/2 hour drive from me.
you can still walk if your dealer will not work with you. that is what I told my dealer i would walk and go with mark dodge and they took 3750 off sticker. which does not seem like much but when you consider most others were pay 5 to 10k over sticker I feel we made a good deal, plus the finance person said they had never seen a below sticker sale in the 3 years they were there.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in that dilemma back in Sept.,Oct., and early Nov. I saw no updates and was in despair and wondering if I should cancel the order, and settle for what was on the lot.
Patience is not a virtue I was born with,as an Aries,(Ram),go figure right! But settling for something on the lot is what most of us have had to do ( before finding out that you can order what you want), like I did in Sep.
Patience, is, as I have found, is overrated!
Since Sep.15 I was watching that 'Pizza Tracker' multiple times a day, and hitting that refresh button more times than I would shamefully admit here! But they say,'Good things come to those who wait' BS. I want mine now!! I got 4 weeks to go. 🙏🙏
Agreed...Aries here and we know nothing of patience! LOL!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Commiserating with those still waiting on deck for ANY action...maybe we should start writing those letters to Santa.
how come no vin yet? my tracker has one since date of order. Admittedly I have never ordered before so mostly wonder if mine is correct. LOL!

Armydad72

Reaction score
Is there a one stop doc that shows what stage our truck is at? I know mine is at the KZ stage or am I just to excited. Or is that tje final stage before shipping. I hope I'm asking the question right.

mainjet

Reaction score
Is there a one stop doc that shows what stage our truck is at? I know mine is at the KZ stage or am I just to excited. Or is that tje final stage before shipping. I hope I'm asking the question right.
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck at this point and can be a source of delay. Typically two statuses here: "Awaiting Shipment" or "Staged for Shipment"

From TripleB’s post here

Armydad72

Reaction score
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck at this point and can be a source of delay. Typically two statuses here: "Awaiting Shipment" or "Staged for Shipment"

From TripleB’s post here
Ok thank you so I do have all thinfoni have access to thank you

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I believe you.
But, given what I've witnessed firsthand, and numerous media outlets reporting for months now that eTorque is Standard on the 2023 HEMI... and many other members across other forums and fb groups saying the same thing...
My question to you now, given all of the info and things you're plugged into, is:
Can you explain this apparent discrepancy at all? :)
Wormhole?
in canada we can still order non etorque, even on the ram web site you can configure them,

DiezNutz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn’t know anything about volume dealers like Mark Dodge until after I placed my order, when I joined this forum. What’s frustrating is that I’ve been asking my dealer for an out the door price since I’ve ordered. I‘ve been told that we can’t really know until the time of delivery because of rebates, incentives, etc. Now that I’ve typed that out, I feel ridiculous. I wouldn’t be against ordering through Mark Dodge if the savings were significantly better. Turns out, it’s only a 2 1/2 hour drive from me.
I think you're not in terrible shape. Among the 8 different area dealers I shopped before pulling the trigger back in Sept., FWP was the norm. I did however put down a deposit and got a signed Buyer's Order for the FWP at the time, not a penny more. Now per my window sticker, MSRP has gone up $685 (roughly split between Rebel base price increase and Level 2 package increase), which means the dealer is going to eat the increase (or else! 😅). Without the signed Buyer's Order, yes they can try to pass an increase on to you, but you always have the ability to negotiate/raise hell, or walk.

If you put down a deposit, then your order should qualify for Sold Order Protection. That means you're eligible for whatever incentives/financing deals apply to your truck *at the time of delivery*. The dealer cannot deny you those benefits, they're from RAM. So while it's true that they don't know what your "out the door" price would be, since RAM incentives/financing change every month, they surely could've told you what your out the door FWP price would be, less those (unknown) incentives. The signed Buyer's Order is the tool that locks that down.

I'm satisfied to get the Sept. FWP. I thought about Mark Dodge but they're far from me, didn't feel like the added cost/hassle of getting the truck back home, and wanted to build a relationship with this local dealer for their added perks and service.

Good luck! 🍺

DiezNutz

Reaction score
in canada we can still order non etorque, even on the ram web site you can configure them,
That's a good point.... All 1500s including for Canada are also made at SHAP, right? So now I wonder how many of those non-eTorques in the charts are actually non-USA models.

motstock

Reaction score
I think you're not in terrible shape. Among the 8 different area dealers I shopped before pulling the trigger back in Sept., FWP was the norm. I did however put down a deposit and got a signed Buyer's Order for the FWP at the time, not a penny more. Now per my window sticker, MSRP has gone up $685 (roughly split between Rebel base price increase and Level 2 package increase), which means the dealer is going to eat the increase (or else! 😅). Without the signed Buyer's Order, yes they can try to pass an increase on to you, but you always have the ability to negotiate/raise hell, or walk.

If you put down a deposit, then your order should qualify for Sold Order Protection. That means you're eligible for whatever incentives/financing deals apply to your truck *at the time of delivery*. The dealer cannot deny you those benefits, they're from RAM. So while it's true that they don't know what your "out the door" price would be, since RAM incentives/financing change every month, they surely could've told you what your out the door FWP price would be, less those (unknown) incentives. The signed Buyer's Order is the tool that locks that down.

I'm satisfied to get the Sept. FWP. I thought about Mark Dodge but they're far from me, didn't feel like the added cost/hassle of getting the truck back home, and wanted to build a relationship with this local dealer for their added perks and service.

Good luck! 🍺
Agreed, Around us they wouldn’t even talk anything below MSRP. It was crazy. We are a 1000 miles from Mark Dodge but figured we would make a vacation out of picking it up. The saving will pay for a long weekend in New Orleans🍾 but won’t net much under the FWP price.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good point.... All 1500s including for Canada are also made at SHAP, right? So now I wonder how many of those non-eTorques in the charts are actually non-USA models.
Looks like that is the smoking gun. All 541 of the non-eTorque Hemi trucks have "Canada Region Group" listed in the build sheets.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Found 679 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @OneEmmanuel

VINBSWSBStoWSETASTATECOLORSERIES
501785 @WoodgrainFRAME
1/28/2023​
KYLaramie
502479 @spaciousgarageFRAME
1/20/2023​
CAWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
504570 @oneemmanuelXX
4​
1/16/2023​
TexasWhiteRebel
Have you ever heard of someone cancelling their order? The more I started thinking I feel like going to dealer in the morning (Monday) and cancelling my Laramie build and go with the Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread