5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

tripgood

Reaction score
My MY23 has been stuck in D1 status since 6/15. I guess if 8/2 is the changeover date then I know the last date it could possibly be built. Unless they push the changeover date out.
My build shows in production since May 22. The dealer has been telling me it is waiting for inspection for the last 3 weeks or so. I don't know what to believe at this point except that I have 15K worth of goodies waiting on the shop floor to be installed and those guys are getting impatient! How long does it take for a built truck to get inspected? 🥵

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My build shows in production since May 22. The dealer has been telling me it is waiting for inspection for the last 3 weeks or so. I don't know what to believe at this point except that I have 15K worth of goodies waiting on the shop floor to be installed and those guys are getting impatient! How long does it take for a built truck to get inspected? 🥵
Generally it’s a couple of days. Moderate cases a couple of weeks. Extreme cases, a couple of months. Yours appears to be an extreme case. Are you sure they didn’t scrap your build and start over? Can your dealer confirm you still have the same VIN?

tripgood

Reaction score
Generally it’s a couple of days. Moderate cases a couple of weeks. Extreme cases, a couple of months. Yours appears to be an extreme case. Are you sure they didn’t scrap your build and start over? Can your dealer confirm you still have the same VIN?
Thanks for the reply. I'll check with my dealer tomorrow.

Stoker_RG

Reaction score
Thank you @triple_B ! Is there any way to follow the detailed shipping stages/progress beyond what RamChat and the pizza tracker provide aside from contacting the dealer?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI: Found (5) 2024 trucks this morning that were PER (PRODUCTION EVALUATION RUN) builds rather than Pilots so moving one step closer to starting 2024 production.

1 TRX, 2 Laramie, 1 Big Horn and 1 Limited.

cmejatt

Reaction score
FYI: Found (5) 2024 trucks this morning that were PER (PRODUCTION EVALUATION RUN) builds rather than Pilots so moving one step closer to starting 2024 production.

1 TRX, 2 Laramie, 1 Big Horn and 1 Limited.
So meaning the line should essentially start this week?

Users who are viewing this thread