5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to ask again, will you be doing a production for MY2024? I received my VIN today, and it is scheduled for production.
I plan to but depends on Stellantis, currently they have stopped the ability to do future orders so as of today I will not be able to but that may change once production actually starts??

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@triple_B
can you help this poster?
Currently No, Stellantis has stopped build sheets on future year models as of today. 2024 and 2025 Build Sheets that I had found in the past now say VIN NOT SUPPORTED which is a new status that I have never seen before so unless that changes when 2024 production begins I may not be able to continue.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Currently No, Stellantis has stopped build sheets on future year models as of today. 2024 and 2025 Build Sheets that I had found in the past now say VIN NOT SUPPORTED which is a new status that I have never seen before so unless that changes when 2024 production begins I may not be able to continue.
this would suck big time if stellantis stops us from seeing build sheets.

Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
He stated above he can't start it until production starts. Register, and when it starts, you will be on.
Got it.

Added my vin. Cannot wait to get schedule production status- I keep checking no update.

Anyone have idea when production actually will start? I keep hearing sometime in August but not confirmed. I have 2 trucks on order so hopefully both get done around same time.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got it.

Added my vin. Cannot wait to get schedule production status- I keep checking no update.

Anyone have idea when production actually will start? I keep hearing sometime in August but not confirmed. I have 2 trucks on order so hopefully both get done around same time.
Last I heard a few days ago, it was still scheduled for 8/2.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got it.

The run production by group number. The group number is the first three of the last six number of the vin. My trucks group is 111, and that group got scheduled on 7/15. Last time I ordered, time from schedule, to actual production was about 2 or three weeks. Mine must be getting built in the first couple days of production.

6of36

Reaction score
Last I heard a few days ago, it was still scheduled for 8/2.
Isn't that odd, to change over mid week? Is the plant shutting down, then restarting that day, or running 23s one day, and 24s the next?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that odd, to change over mid week? Is the plant shutting down, then restarting that day, or running 23s one day, and 24s the next?
Here’s what was stated on the TRX forum.

2023 production ending and 2024 production starting is currently scheduled on the same day, Aug 2. The launch curve is very short for 2024, only 4 working days (for comparison, the 2023 launch curve was 55 days). They are scheduled to reach full volume of 1,435 vehicles per day (all models, not just TRX) by Aug 9. That suggests to me that there are very minimal changes for 2024.

Additionally, the last day for 2024 production is set for Friday, Jan 5 and the first day for 2025 production is Monday, Jan 8.

cmejatt

Reaction score
The run production by group number. The group number is the first three of the last six number of the vin. My trucks group is 111, and that group got scheduled on 7/15. Last time I ordered, time from schedule, to actual production was about 2 or three weeks. Mine must be getting built in the first couple days of production.
So I’m group 110

Assuming that would be first round of production.
Still waiting on my second trucks vin number.

Let’s see when that one is.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I’m group 110

The 100 group is the lowest group for 2024. And while Ram makes generall passes through the groups, they never complete a group during those passes. They build maybe 70-80% of the trucks in a group, and keep moving forward. They build the rest whenever they get around to it.
Keep in mind that the lowest groups in a model year don’t necessarily follow that trend. Most of the super-low VINs are custom orders, and Ram focuses on building dealer stock orders (to fill the lots). So the early-production push is usually in the grouping of groups that contains dealer orders (whenever those were opened up).

6of36

Reaction score
So I’m group 110

They don't run them in order. It's random. Nobody has figured it out. The status will show scheduled, a couple weeks before production.

Attachments

• Scheduled.png
    Scheduled.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 11

6of36

Reaction score
So I’m group 110

Somebody had a meme about 20 pages back, of the guys throwing darts, to pick which group would build next. At 170 pages, it's good a new thread will be starting for MY24.

cmejatt

Reaction score
Got it.

Guess gotta stay patient. Let’s see what happens.
fingers crossed it’s thsi year at least

bander770

Reaction score
My MY23 has been stuck in D1 status since 6/15. I guess if 8/2 is the changeover date then I know the last date it could possibly be built. Unless they push the changeover date out.

6of36

Reaction score
My MY23 has been stuck in D1 status since 6/15. I guess if 8/2 is the changeover date then I know the last date it could possibly be built. Unless they push the changeover date out.
People did order 22s, and got 23s, but that was probably due to parts shortage, not getting parts until after changeover. Changeover is subject to change.

Users who are viewing this thread