5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Curley

Reaction score
Question for anyone who can answer....
...Ram is currently offing an additional coupon for $1,000 off. Go onto the Ram site and you can get yours too.

But you need to send to the dealer so the coupon can be processed BEFORE your deal is final.
...How does one locate and obtain this coupon from the website? I have looked around a few times on there, but haven't seen any indication of one. Thanks!

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
I got mine as a pop-up after poking around building a few different trucks
Also, try different browsers... i never got the popup on chrome... but when i switched to Safari i got it pretty quickly.... not sure if it is still going on, as this was a few weeks ago.

GunSm0ke

Reaction score
Question for anyone who can answer....

...How does one locate and obtain this coupon from the website? I have looked around a few times on there, but haven't seen any indication of one. Thanks!
With Chrome, open up an Icognito browser by pressing <Shift> <Ctrl> N keys at the same time and then start a build and scroll to the bottom. It worked for me.

wayne47

Reaction score
Tl;DR Criswell in Maryland was great and I would recommend them.

Full writeup:

Like many others here on the forum, I was chatting with Mark Dodge about ordering a new truck. Another forum member here in South Carolina mentioned Criswell in Maryland. They are one day's drive closer and, originally, came in a few $$ less than MD.
Got a quote from Alex at Criswell on September 22, 2021. Took a few days for me to finalize the option packages (tried really hard to get Hydro Blue but it just wasn't available on a Limited). Got it ordered on Sep 27th, by which time the price had gone up $750 from the original quote. Saw references to that increase on the forums here so I OK'd the order. Alex was great throughout the process, updating me on status whenever I called. He let me know on Saturday 02/26 that it was on the lot and we arranged our flight from South Carolina.
We flew into DCA, took a $69 Uber ride (including tip) to the Gaithersburg Towne Suites which is very close to the dealership. Hotel was perfectly adequate for an overnight stay, though a bit odd as it's multiple buildings.
Friday morning we took an $8 Uber ride to the dealership. Alex was on vacation (he did let me know beforehand) so things were a little disorganized (they needed additional copies of various paperwork for their files). I would suggest bringing paper copies of everything including the original quote, Tread Lightly and control number as well as any other discounts and code numbers you might be eligible for (I'm a First Responder so I got that). Also, having email copies available to forward was good too. I suspect that the process would be a little smoother if Alex was around but everything worked out. Everyone at the dealership was great to work with and very helpful and pleasant.
The finance guy pushed a little, but not too hard, on "gap coverage" to cover the loan if I wrecked the truck, which I declined. He really, really wanted to sell me MaxCare but could not touch Ziegler's price.
I had set everything up with Ziegler for the warranty before I went (I called them, then emailed the VIN and my address and they gave me a Quote number). Called Ziegler from the parking lot, gave them my ccard and the quote number and I had MaxCare with no issues.
Part of the deal was that I would use Criswell's bank (ended up being Wells Fargo) for finance and that rate was 3.89%. A bit annoying but I knew it going in and it's only 1.54% over my "normal" borrowing rate. Criswell took a personal check for the rest of my down payment.
Criswell originally estimated $99 for tags, at delivery they charged $199 with a promise to refund any extra. Other than that, they met the quoted price exactly. I'm not completely clear on what I need to do to for tags in SC as we recently moved here but the truck is tagged until May 3rd, by which point I will figure it out.
We spent about 1.5 hours total at the dealership to deal with everything. As we were not in a rush, that was fine. Criswell did fill the gas tank which meant that when we pulled out of their parking lot we started heading home, rather than hunting for a gas station.
Lil needs a good cleaning after her trip but all in all everything went well.
Someone was asking about tires. They are Pirelli Scorpion tires.

I'm very grateful for all the help and support on these forums. I camped this thread and read every post, resulting in what I think is a great deal on what will likely be my last truck. With all the discounts and fees it ended up being over 19% under sticker.

Hopefully this writeup helps other forum members.

I added this in another post on 03/07/2022 but wanted to put it here as well:
A warning on Criswell:
Double check everything. Their system slipped in the tire and wheel warranty at $599 for 5 years and I did not catch it while I was there. Found out when I went over the paperwork and found out that the numbers did not match. Silly to pay that when it's about half that at Ziegler. There is a 30 day, no charge cancellation period; I called and started the cancellation process but it's obviously much easier to not pay for it in the first place.

Attachments

• PXL_20220306_173444678.jpg
    PXL_20220306_173444678.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

scubes13

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. If it works like other purchases from dealers and since our quote included tags, Criswell should have put in the paperwork to have a tag ordered and mailed to you.

Jrm7

Reaction score
this is really messed up. decided to drive by the dealer today just to see if business manager actually lied to me. so I went by today (Sunday) and found the ram is sitting there in the lot. unsold after being told its sold to the other dealership. screw them.

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
4 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Cobalt 23, @Matt863, @heffy, @1Raider

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
4 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to [USER=77492]@Cobalt 23
, @Matt863, @heffy, @1Raider

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
211409 @Cobalt 23XX
5​
MassachusettsBlackLonghorn
252235 @Matt863XX
30​
OhioGraniteLimited
301113 @HeffyXX
1​
LouisianaRedRebel
315138 @1RaiderXX
3​
LouisianaPatriotLimited

Big Congratulations to @Matt863 for that 30 day wait on the WS. Truck is finally finished!

Triple_B is there a way to get a build sheet, and a window sticker before the truck get to the dealer? Thank you Cobalt
92]@Cobalt 23[/USER]
XX
5​
252235 @Matt863XX
30​
OhioGraniteLimited
301113 @HeffyXX
1​
LouisianaRedRebel
315138 @1RaiderXX
3​
LouisianaPatriotLimited

Big Congratulations to @Matt863 for that 30 day wait on the WS. Truck is finally finished!
[/QUOTE]

UnclJim

Reaction score

Triple_B is there a way to get a build sheet, and a window sticker before the truck get to the dealer? Thank you Cobalt
92]@Cobalt 23[/USER]
XX
5​
252235 @Matt863XX
30​
OhioGraniteLimited
301113 @HeffyXX
1​
LouisianaRedRebel
315138 @1RaiderXX
3​
LouisianaPatriotLimited

[/QUOTE]
click on the red x's associated with your name

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thats what the RED X's are in the post your replied to, I create those as links to each respective Build Sheet and Window Sticker.

1Raider

Reaction score

92]@Cobalt 23[/USER]
XX
5​
252235 @Matt863XX
30​
OhioGraniteLimited
301113 @HeffyXX
1​
LouisianaRedRebel
315138 @1RaiderXX
3​
LouisianaPatriotLimited

[/QUOTE]
Yea what option box did you check that took a month to get? Lol

Hdtlamberth

Reaction score
Got word from the dealer yesterday that my truck is in Jacksonville and should be at the dealership in about two days. I’m about an hour and a half south of Jacksonville. Should be about 12 days from WS to arriving at the dealership. Not bad.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
this is really messed up. decided to drive by the dealer today just to see if business manager actually lied to me. so I went by today (Sunday) and found the ram is sitting there in the lot. unsold after being told its sold to the other dealership. screw them.
Thats what the RED X's are in the post your replied to, I create those as links to each respective Build Sheet and Window Sticker.
Jfc

unkiebunk045

Reaction score
Tl;DR Criswell in Maryland was great and I would recommend them.

Full writeup:

Like many others here on the forum, I was chatting with Mark Dodge about ordering a new truck. Another forum member here in South Carolina mentioned Criswell in Maryland. They are one day's drive closer and, originally, came in a few $$ less than MD.
Got a quote from Alex at Criswell on September 22, 2021. Took a few days for me to finalize the option packages (tried really hard to get Hydro Blue but it just wasn't available on a Limited). Got it ordered on Sep 27th, by which time the price had gone up $750 from the original quote. Saw references to that increase on the forums here so I OK'd the order. Alex was great throughout the process, updating me on status whenever I called. He let me know on Saturday 02/26 that it was on the lot and we arranged our flight from South Carolina.
We flew into DCA, took a $69 Uber ride (including tip) to the Gaithersburg Towne Suites which is very close to the dealership. Hotel was perfectly adequate for an overnight stay, though a bit odd as it's multiple buildings.
Friday morning we took an $8 Uber ride to the dealership. Alex was on vacation (he did let me know beforehand) so things were a little disorganized (they needed additional copies of various paperwork for their files). I would suggest bringing paper copies of everything including the original quote, Tread Lightly and control number as well as any other discounts and code numbers you might be eligible for (I'm a First Responder so I got that). Also, having email copies available to forward was good too. I suspect that the process would be a little smoother if Alex was around but everything worked out. Everyone at the dealership was great to work with and very helpful and pleasant.
The finance guy pushed a little, but not too hard, on "gap coverage" to cover the loan if I wrecked the truck, which I declined. He really, really wanted to sell me MaxCare but could not touch Ziegler's price.
I had set everything up with Ziegler for the warranty before I went (I called them, then emailed the VIN and my address and they gave me a Quote number). Called Ziegler from the parking lot, gave them my ccard and the quote number and I had MaxCare with no issues.
Part of the deal was that I would use Criswell's bank (ended up being Wells Fargo) for finance and that rate was 3.89%. A bit annoying but I knew it going in and it's only 1.54% over my "normal" borrowing rate. Criswell took a personal check for the rest of my down payment.
Criswell originally estimated $99 for tags, at delivery they charged $199 with a promise to refund any extra. Other than that, they met the quoted price exactly. I'm not completely clear on what I need to do to for tags in SC as we recently moved here but the truck is tagged until May 3rd, by which point I will figure it out.
We spent about 1.5 hours total at the dealership to deal with everything. As we were not in a rush, that was fine. Criswell did fill the gas tank which meant that when we pulled out of their parking lot we started heading home, rather than hunting for a gas station.
Lil needs a good cleaning after her trip but all in all everything went well.
Someone was asking about tires. They are Pirelli Scorpion tires.

I'm very grateful for all the help and support on these forums. I camped this thread and read every post, resulting in what I think is a great deal on what will likely be my last truck. With all the discounts and fees it ended up being over 19% under sticker.

Hopefully this writeup helps other forum members.
if you can get a lower rate, you should be able to refi the loan—1.54% is $15-18/month depending on length of loan.

Also in regards to filling the gas tank; that’s SOP on a new car; if it’s not a full gas tank when you leave than you’re getting ripped off; while the experience might have been spectacular don’t pat the dealer on the back for giving you a full tank of gas on a new car—used cars are different.

Good luck with the truck! Looks awesome and looks like you got a great deal!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

scubes13

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread