5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I post a very similar chart to this daily on the TRX forums, but it is TRX specific. I have for the time being replaced the options section with the series in the hopes this is interesting to anyone here.

The WS to LOT for all the US states is the average transit time to each state based on roughly 17000 trucks that I have tracked from the time they got a window sticker until they are reported delivered to the lot so it should be a decent estimation of the average wait time once you have a window sticker. Obviously larger states vary based on the side of the state closest/furthest from Sterling Heights, etc. but its the best I can offer on a high level.

Every other column is the number of trucks built (BS) / Finished (WS) Then separated into Todays numbers and the totals since the start of 2022.

1636563770079.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of interesting tidbits from today's pile of build sheets:
  • Over 50% of production was in the 179-213 VIN groups
  • Over 35% of production was in the 200-213 VIN groups
1636565009871.png

FRMSDTR

Reaction score
So my dealership in ND finally called back and said their Rep got a hold of a Production manager at the Factory and the hold up on my July order is the Panaramic Sunroof. I call Bull Sh!# The BS from this morning with a 200 VIN has a Panaramic Sunroof 🤬 They said the hydro blue color is not an issue. Uhgg I dont know what to believe anymore.

n00ber

Reaction score
Loving this data @triple_B and @Eighty
Probably going to be taking these to my dealer to at least see if they can pester their ram rep. (Not that I have been waiting too long)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my dealership in ND finally called back and said their Rep got a hold of a Production manager at the Factory and the hold up on my July order is the Panaramic Sunroof. I call Bull Sh!# The BS from this morning with a 200 VIN has a Panaramic Sunroof 🤬 They said the hydro blue color is not an issue. Uhgg I dont know what to believe anymore.
EDIT: I looked it up wrong - here's the corrected number.
I hate to break it to you, but 294 (of 1081) - that's 27.2% - of today's build sheets have the Pano sunroof.

n00ber

Reaction score
I would email that build sheet to the dealer. just dont be a jerk to the messenger if you believe they contacted their rep.
with the above percentage...

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I have been tired of getting no answer from Ramchat and my direct sales representative. I fished pushed on my sale rep and got no response about what is holding me up. So I reached out to the new sale GM of my dealer. He replied to my first email that he was out on vacation and would get back with me. I gave it a few more days from his return date and called. He informed me he would reach out directly to his Stellantis rep since they usually have a forecast. I then got forwarded an email from the Stellantis rep that my truck is scheduled to be built the week of 11/29 but that could change between here and there.

TL;DR: The dealer has a rep they can reach out to who can give them an approximate start on build times more than Ram chat can do/see.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I was called today by my dealership and informed that the Ram Boxes I order for my new 2022 Ram Big Horn are on Restrictions along with Sunroofs.
The sales guy told me that I can keep the truck on order or take the ram boxes off the order otherwise it will pro long the deliver time of my truck a few more months.

I have them now and love them but I may just end up canceling the whole order because of this.

Thoughts and Opinions?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I was called today by my dealership and informed that the Ram Boxes I order for my new 2022 Ram Big Horn are on Restrictions along with Sunroofs.
The sales guy told me that I can keep the truck on order or take the ram boxes off the order otherwise it will pro long the deliver time of my truck a few more months.

I have them now and love them but I may just end up canceling the whole order because of this.

Thoughts and Opinions?
Might be time to get testy. Ask them why yours is "on restriction" when you know the following:
Today's batch of build sheets show 66 trucks were produced with Ramboxes - with VINs as high as 210044
Today's batch of build sheets show 294 trucks were produced with Pano sunroofs - with VINs as high as 213522

I don't see your name on the registry, so I don't know when you ordered. But they obviously have the parts.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
They've knocked out all the lightly options trucks in the lower vins and moved on up. 😂
It's like you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak. Someone comes in 45 minutes after you ordered, and orders a steak. They bring the other person a steak, then walk over to you and inform you they are out of steak, and you will need to wait for the next beef to be slaughtered.

n00ber

Reaction score
It's like you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak. Someone comes in 45 minutes after you ordered, and orders a steak. They bring the other person a steak, then walk over to you and inform you they are out of steak, and you will need to wait for the next beef to be slaughtered.
....I knew this feeling was familiar...

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
This is honestly the most hilarious and spot-on comparison I've ever read to the C-F that's going on. I can't stop LOL literally in my office right now. Gold star for the response!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I post a very similar chart to this daily on the TRX forums, but it is TRX specific. I have for the time being replaced the options section with the series in the hopes this is interesting to anyone here.

The WS to LOT for all the US states is the average transit time to each state based on roughly 17000 trucks that I have tracked from the time they got a window sticker until they are reported delivered to the lot so it should be a decent estimation of the average wait time once you have a window sticker. Obviously larger states vary based on the side of the state closest/furthest from Sterling Heights, etc. but its the best I can offer on a high level.

Every other column is the number of trucks built (BS) / Finished (WS) Then separated into Todays numbers and the totals since the start of 2022.

View attachment 110713
Great info.

The data scientist in me really wants to get ahold of that raw data. Suppose I could do a little mining...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online