5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's like you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak. Someone comes in 45 minutes after you ordered, and orders a steak. They bring the other person a steak, then walk over to you and inform you they are out of steak, and you will need to wait for the next beef to be slaughtered.
Just beautiful.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's like you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak. Someone comes in 45 minutes after you ordered, and orders a steak. They bring the other person a steak, then walk over to you and inform you they are out of steak, and you will need to wait for the next beef to be slaughtered.
That's a great comparison. And if I could take it one step further:

Waiter: We are out of steak
Me: I just saw you bring a steak to that guy who just sat down
Waiter: Well, he ordered a steak without a baked potato
Me: So you're out of baked potatoes?
Waiter: Yes
Me: But I just saw you take a baked potato to that other guy across the room
Waiter: Please contact your dealer

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Oh, you're from Canada?

We have some steak coming in next year that you might like.

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
1081 Build Sheets found today. 3 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Gr8dane, @jayray38, @broomsky06

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
112226 @Gr8daneXOntarioGraniteSport
149947 @jayray38XOntarioBlueSport
200891 @broomsky06XVirginiaSilverBig Horn / Lonestar
Got excited when I saw the state “Virginia” and that quickly went to anger when I saw the VIN started with “200”. Mine starts with 102 and I’m still waiting………

Biggio

Reaction score

Or maybe even:

Me: But I just saw you bring some steaks out and put them on the display counter in front
Waiter: Those are for people that might walk in off the street and buy one
Me: So......you wouldn't give me a steak even though I made a reservation to your restaurant, ordered it and will for sure pay for it?
Waiter: Nah, we'll take a chance that the person working the front counter will sell them before they go bad

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
I really hate to make assumptions, but what happened with my order is so coincidental I have no other choice but to assume. I do believe alot of dealerships and Ram are using all these excuses (part shortages etc.) to their advantage. I sat in JB status for 6 weeks. I had never contacted anyone above my sales guy and Ram chat for updates. Then I talked to a sales manager who contacted a Chrysler rep and 15 min later my truck magically went from JB to KZ status. I suggest some of you guys who have been waiting for 3 months or more contact a sales manager at your ordering dealer and have them contact their rep.

jayray38

Reaction score
1081 Build Sheets found today. 3 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Gr8dane, @jayray38, @broomsky06

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
112226 @Gr8daneXOntarioGraniteSport
149947 @jayray38XOntarioBlueSport
200891 @broomsky06XVirginiaSilverBig Horn / Lonestar

Just got a call from my dealer. He said my truck is built, they got the invoice for it this morning and is awaiting shipping which could be 1-12 days. He told me to possibly expect a call next week that it's in.

RamGram

Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer. He said my truck is built, they got the invoice for it this morning and is awaiting shipping which could be 1-12 days. He told me to possibly expect a call next week that it's in.
So your dealer has been invoiced but you don't have a WS! and it's awaiting shipping......

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So your dealer has been invoiced but you don't have a WS! and it's awaiting shipping......
If it was invoiced today, then the window sticker should be available this evening when they publish today's window stickers.

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a supervisor from Ram Care. He saw my case number and read into the history. He stated once cases sit too long they go into a suspended status and require a supervisor or manager to approve and expedite it from that stage otherwise it will just sit in the scheduling stage (D). He stated he would handle this and make himself or someone from his team will follow up with me by end of day tomorrow to confirm. Now nothing I've been told so far has actually been true but it made sense. I will update again tomorrow to see if there is movement or a phone call. Hoping its somewhat true so the rest of the dormant early orders start moving.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a supervisor from Ram Care. He saw my case number and read into the history. He stated once cases sit too long they go into a suspended status and require a supervisor or manager to approve and expedite it from that stage otherwise it will just sit in the scheduling stage (D). He stated he would handle this and make himself or someone from his team will follow up with me by end of day tomorrow to confirm. Now nothing I've been told so far has actually been true but it made sense. I will update again tomorrow to see if there is movement or a phone call. Hoping its somewhat true so the rest of the dormant early orders start moving.
Interesting. Retarded, but interesting. So if I understand this correctly, Ram can just ignore an order and it goes into hibernation. Then a Ram supervisor has to re-approve it. But the only way a supervisor gets involved is if someone actually asks him to.

So it sounds like the lesson here is that everyone needs to start burning up the phone lines, because Ram can't manage its own backlog properly.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Could you share the number for that? I have a case with Ram Care but they didn't include a phone number in the email and haven't responded to any emails.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I actually got a somewhat specific answer from Ramchat yesterday. They told me my truck is in quality inspection (which is also what the dealer said 19 days ago). I wonder if something was wrong of if there's just a ****load ahead of inspection?

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Interesting. Retarded, but interesting. So if I understand this correctly, Ram can just ignore an order and it goes into hibernation. Then a Ram supervisor has to re-approve it. But the only way a supervisor gets involved is if someone actually asks him to.

So it sounds like the lesson here is that everyone needs to start burning up the phone lines, because Ram can't manage its own backlog properly.
You would think there would be someone looking after the early orders or there is a flag that goes up when someone looks into it. It's a different response and it than what I've gotten in months so well will see what happens tomorrow.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Ramchat told me there were "a couple parts left to gather" and said that it was likely some of the options that I had selected. But I'd like to get some more clarity if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread