5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
I work in the paint industry and it’s just a gigantic sh*tshow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only imagine. I see the paint and parts issues first hand. I can hear it in the tone of their voice when we talk. Its tough right now there's a lot to go against.

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Added 1176 more build sheets today and 1058 Window Stickers tonight. 3 more forum members with trucks on the way!

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
102566 @DTolXXMinnesotaDelmonicoLimited
122145 @Brad-rebelXXFloridaBlueRebel
142775 @PCHokieXXTexasPatriotLimited

@Brad-rebel has given me some hope seeing a Hydro Blue truck BS and WS...............

n00ber

Reaction score
(Joke) So what about black, they can still mix what they have and make black right?

And also isn't white the absence of color? So just dont mix anything and badda bing badda boom white trucks!

4jlcc

Reaction score
Have to say that after ordering two Hellcat's this is a walk in the park for waiting for my truck. The changing of my order from Level 2 to Level B is a little bit concerning but have my dealer working on it and said if the power folding mirrors are the only thing I do not get he will make sure I get them after the truck comes in. Need to get that in writing I guess.
Heck I can't even get my dealer to give me a price to add the power mirrors back to mine when it gets here. I feel like I'm living in the soup kitchen episode from Seinfeld when I ask my dealer for anything.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Added 1176 more build sheets today and 1058 Window Stickers tonight. 3 more forum members with trucks on the way!

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
102566 @DTolXXMinnesotaDelmonicoLimited
122145 @Brad-rebelXXFloridaBlueRebel
142775 @PCHokieXXTexasPatriotLimited
@DTol guess they inspected the Sh*t out of it so they make sure You get back to Alaska safely

deanno33

Reaction score
Not sure why I torture myself checking on Ram Chat a couple times a week. Same news. Today is 15 weeks since I ordered and still D. Joke. I know others have it worse but still sucks.

Gr8dane

Reaction score
Not sure why I torture myself checking on Ram Chat a couple times a week. Same news. Today is 15 weeks since I ordered and still D. Joke. I know others have it worse but still sucks.
32 weeks since i put my deposit down and still in D

Gr8dane

Reaction score
i would have reordered at this point
I thought about it but i'm also looking into otger trucks at this point. Almost pulled the trigger on a King Ranch but it was 2 tone paint which is a no go for ne.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's so incredibly ridiculous. Not sure how you've held on this long. I'm trying to convince my dealer to let me order a second truck.
Well right now, I'm searching the interwebs to see if there any current inventory that might suit my needs.

And thats the hard part. Anything on the lots is bare bones, and with dealers not taking any discounts (so far I tried 8 different dealers) its msrp or bust. That is where I draw the line. If I'm paying msrp, it will be exactly what I want, and that only applies to my 4 month old order.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Gr8dane

Reaction score
Well right now, I'm searching the interwebs to see if there any current inventory that might suit my needs.

And thats the hard part. Anything on the lots is bare bones, and with dealers not taking any discounts (so far I tried 8 different dealers) its msrp or bust. That is where I draw the line. If I'm paying msrp, it will be exactly what I want, and that only applies to my 4 month old order.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

The only reason im holding on is because i put a deposit and got a pretty good deal. Plus they have thrown in husky liners and oil changes so far to keep ne somewhat happy. If i find something else ill pull the trigger but im not even gonna consider another Ram out of spite. The worst customer service by far for not building loyal already paid customers first. At the very least some more transparency would go along way. With this truck i will have invested over 350k in ram trucks and if i dont get mine soon ill boycott the brand no matter how nice the truck. @RamCares

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only reason im holding on is because i put a deposit and got a pretty good deal. Plus they have thrown in husky liners and oil changes so far to keep ne somewhat happy. If i find something else ill pull the trigger but im not even gonna consider another Ram out of spite. The worst customer service by far for not building loyal already paid customers first. At the very least some more transparency would go along way. With this truck i will have invested over 350k in ram trucks and if i dont get mine soon ill boycott the brand no matter how nice the truck. @RamCares
I like you said, if they gave me a realistic time-frame, let's say January ( it's a sucky timeframe)...I would be more than happy to wait. Not knowing ANYTHING after months of waiting is just a killer.

Then to add, other trucks being built for orders after yours is just a kick in the you know what.

I don't buy into the current parts shortage, paint issues, and accessories problem if other trucks ordered after mine have the same accessories that I want. Really tough pill to swallow when priority builds are really expensive trucks ($70k +) and low end trim builds (bare bones trucks) are being built, and leaving everybody else in between out in the cold.

@RamCares

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I like you said, if they gave me a realistic time-frame, let's say January ( it's a sucky timeframe)...I would be more than happy to wait. Not knowing ANYTHING after months of waiting is just a killer.

Then to add, other trucks being built for orders after yours is just a kick in the you know what.

I don't buy into the current parts shortage, paint issues, and accessories problem if other trucks ordered after mine have the same accessories that I want. Really tough pill to swallow when priority builds are really expensive trucks ($70k +) and low end trim builds (bare bones trucks) are being built, and leaving everybody else in between out in the cold.

@RamCares

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Right….? The hardest part is not knowing wtf is going on or where your truck is…. I will say that locally, car parts are getting a little thin, just walking into the local auto zone I’m noticing some empty shelves. It’s starting to freak me out….

if RAM would simply put out a statement on why they build the way they do, a lot of anxiety would be eased.

might be worth it to put another order in, find a dealer who doesn’t want a deposit.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right….? The hardest part is not knowing wtf is going on or where your truck is…. I will say that locally, car parts are getting a little thin, just walking into the local auto zone I’m noticing some empty shelves. It’s starting to freak me out….

if RAM would simply put out a statement on why they build the way they do, a lot of anxiety would be eased.

might be worth it to put another order in, find a dealer who doesn’t want a deposit.
I agree with you guys, just based on this forum there are more people having a bad experience than a good one. Ram cares should be able to tell you a LOT more specifics as to what's going on with your build.

And it's not like they've haven't been dealing with these specific shortages for a while (at least the chip ones) cause they have. And you can't tell me they've NEVER suffered parts shortages before, obviously not to this scale, but still. I would definitely be curious to see what the process is like with other brands. Could very well be the same, or worse, but I'm generally not the brand-loyal type. I go for what will work best, and be the best value for me. This time around it was Ram, but I have no problem starting "from scratch" the next time I go to buy, and looking all all brands all over again.

milrad

Reaction score

Not sure it Is happening that way. My truck is plain old white so it isn't a paint issue, and well over $70K, so it isn't an "in between" truck. I ordered in June, 119xxx VIN and no status change whatsoever.

To your first point, I also ordered a car recently. I got the allocation a couple months ago, and the OEM has given me until 11/7 to lock in my options selection, given me very specific build and shipping dates in December, port arrival dates in January, and an early February delivery date. They update it regularly, and the dates have moved +/- a day or two. It's a long wait, but the communication is great and I have confidence it will show up when it is supposed to. I'm totally fine with this. By contrast, "Ram, WHERE THE F*** IS MY TRUCK YOUR DEALER PROMISED ME IN EARLY SEPTEMBER?"

@RamCares

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure it Is happening that way. My truck is plain old white so it isn't a paint issue, and well over $70K, so it isn't an "in between" truck. I ordered in June, 119xxx VIN and no status change whatsoever.

To your first point, I also ordered a car recently. I got the allocation a couple months ago, and the OEM has given me until 11/7 to lock in my options selection, given me very specific build and shipping dates in December, port arrival dates in January, and an early February delivery date. They update it regularly, and the dates have moved +/- a day or two. It's a long wait, but the communication is great and I have confidence it will show up when it is supposed to. I'm totally fine with this. By contrast, "Ram, WHERE THE F*** IS MY TRUCK YOUR DEALER PROMISED ME IN EARLY SEPTEMBER?"
Our build are similar in packages. I still think the combination of ORG and Trailer Tow is holding up builds and Ramboxes don't help either. I see a trucks on dealer lots with ORG or Trailer Tow and a smattering of ramboxes, but virtually nothing that has two of those, much less all three. They are choosing to build two or three trucks with those options instead of 1 truck

Users who are viewing this thread