5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

milrad

Reaction score
They are choosing to build two or three trucks with those options instead of 1 truck

I've worked in manufacturing operations in a few different industries for over 25 years. This is the only plausible rationale on their build strategy (based on the data this thread has been generating) I've seen so far. Like everyone else, I can't see any other distinct patterns. Well, excepting those members seeing "patterns" explaining why their truck hasn't been built :ROFLMAO:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our build are similar in packages. I still think the combination of ORG and Trailer Tow is holding up builds and Ramboxes don't help either. I see a trucks on dealer lots with ORG or Trailer Tow and a smattering of ramboxes, but virtually nothing that has two of those, much less all three. They are choosing to build two or three trucks with those options instead of 1 truck
Ugh....the lack of clarity on all if it is just painful. On ANY option. is just amazing. I think by now with covid and supply shortages, we can handle the bad news and we can wait because we are loyal ram brand owners.

But us sitting here guessing on all of the different options that can cause issues is just painful.

If my dealer just came back to me and said "the holdup on your older is the hydro blue paint, or rambox, or ORG...we can change it if you like" would be a great way to have better customer service. Thats all I'm asking at this point.

@RamCares

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

deanno33

Reaction score
Today is exactly 4 months since ordering for me. VIN = 112xxx and still in D status. The wait continues...

Welcome to the 'you ordered a $60,000 Big Horn so you're dead to us club' . We will take the parts necessary for your build and put them in 170xxx VIN Limited, Rebel and Laramie builds.

When the inter company memo came out to Ram schedulers that indicated microchip supply is 'limited'....I think someone interpreted that the chips are only for 'Limited's'.

** milrad....I know that doesn't apply to you!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the way some built sold trucks are sitting at Stellantis PLUS the limited options I'm seeing on Bighorns PLUS the fact that Bighorns are coming out faster than anything else is what has led me to this shot in the dark conclusion.

They are definitely prioritizing dealer trucks for now. I would not be surprised if they churn out more Bighorns then let them sit there or at other distribution points across the country to refill dealer lots - and then they start cranking out and delivering sold orders in record time (from D1 to true dealer delivery).

deanno33

Reaction score
They are definitely prioritizing dealer trucks for now. I would not be surprised if they churn out more Bighorns then let them sit there or at other distribution points across the country to refill dealer lots - and then they start cranking out and delivering sold orders in record time (from D1 to true dealer delivery).

Hoping that is their strategy as well.

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
I agree with you guys, just based on this forum there are more people having a bad experience than a good one. Ram cares should be able to tell you a LOT more specifics as to what's going on with your build.

And it's not like they've haven't been dealing with these specific shortages for a while (at least the chip ones) cause they have. And you can't tell me they've NEVER suffered parts shortages before, obviously not to this scale, but still. I would definitely be curious to see what the process is like with other brands. Could very well be the same, or worse, but I'm generally not the brand-loyal type. I go for what will work best, and be the best value for me. This time around it was Ram, but I have no problem starting "from scratch" the next time I go to buy, and looking all all brands all over again.
A buddy ordered a 22 Ferd. Same deal as us. Been waiting for a couple months and no info from anyone.

Randboye

Reaction score
And it's not like they've haven't been dealing with these specific shortages for a while (at least the chip ones) cause they have. And you can't tell me they've NEVER suffered parts shortages before, obviously not to this scale, but still. I would definitely be curious to see what the process is like with other brands. Could very well be the same, or worse, but I'm generally not the brand-loyal type. I go for what will work best, and be the best value for me. This time around it was Ram, but I have no problem starting "from scratch" the next time I go to buy, and looking all all brands all over again.
My take on this cluster---- is this Ram 1500 is the first truck of any brand I've like in 22 years. I've been a Ford guy since 1970, my family since 1958.I ordered exactly what I wanted but if I have any issues with the quality of this truck after waiting close to 5 months from ordering, I will sell it an not look back at Ram/ FCA product again. 🤞🏼 hoping all the holding in inspections their doing will produce a trouble free truck.

Last edited:

n00ber

Reaction score
@Eighty For the chart, are you removing/moving members from the left when they get built and shifting them to the right?
or are they staying on the vin line?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty For the chart, are you removing/moving members from the left when they get built and shifting them to the right?
or are they staying on the vin line?
They're staying on the left-hand line. I considered making them disappear, as they move over...just never got around to doing it. I'll probably keep them there, as I occasionally have to redraw the squiggly order line (when I increase the chart size), and if those dots disappeared it would be pretty hard to recreate.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A buddy ordered a 22 Ferd. Same deal as us. Been waiting for a couple months and no info from anyone.
Doesn't surprise me. I'm not trying to make excuses for Ram, and I honestly can't imagine that this was a total non-CF before the lockdowns and shortages if it's THIS bad now, but for sure it's a sight worse because of it. And I'm afraid people might be getting a (really) bad impression of Ram, and their CS, and this ordering system when people that ordered say a 2019 in 2018 when the new body and interior was first coming out, probably didn't experience anything nearly this rough.

chexp77w

Reaction score
Well my dealership seems to have no clue or information on my order status or to keep me informed, that i went ahead and decided to give RamChat a try cause like so many i am trying to be as patient as possible. and this is what i was told. "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! i do not see an updated shipping ETA, the status shows TBD or to be determined. I recommend contacting us in a week for a better update, i am sorry that i do not have favorable update.

2022 Ram Limited Delmonico 10th Anniv. Delmonico Red.

deanno33

Reaction score
Well my dealership seems to have no clue or information on my order status or to keep me informed, that i went ahead and decided to give RamChat a try cause like so many i am trying to be as patient as possible. and this is what i was told. "I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! i do not see an updated shipping ETA, the status shows TBD or to be determined. I recommend contacting us in a week for a better update, i am sorry that i do not have favorable update.

2022 Ram Limited Delmonico 10th Anniv. Delmonico Red.

Hey that looks like good news! Appears to be D1...a place many others would love to be. Congrats!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey that looks like good news! Appears to be D1...a place many others would love to be. Congrats!
dd1ce26c347fd07c7988dbda525b7b17.jpg

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Gr8dane

Reaction score
Called my dealership, ramchat, FCA canada just now and got zero answers whatsoever. I think its time we start an online petition to show the amount of loyal customers they are willing to lose

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Called my dealership, ramchat, FCA canada just now and got zero answers whatsoever. I think its time we start an online petition to show the amount of loyal customers they are willing to lose
Tried my hand a RamChat for the first time today. Amanda told me the parts were gathered (on a boat somewhere in the Pacific) and it should start the build process shortly (early 2023). I won't hold my breath.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Lose to who? I mean from everything I am reading here, Ford and Toyota are having the same issues, and GMC is just now announcing... Is there a real alternative for a custom build with a quicker delivery?

I'm not just being facetious..., if there is an alternative, I'd look.

Users who are viewing this thread