5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would imagine something like that would be part of a shareholder meeting, if not internal.
I could scan the system for all 2021 build sheets, but it will take a couple days. That’s a lot of possibilities (up to 899,999 VINs, with 223 possible combinations per VIN). Not sure it’s worth that much effort.
@triple_B, as I recall, you had mentioned doing that at one point - did you ever do it?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i was interested in how many 1500's shap put out for model year 2021
They don’t release those numbers, only full size truck sales. I’m sure eighty or triple_B could figure that out somehow by scanning every possible VIN combo for a particular MY.

n00ber

Reaction score
I could scan the system for all 2021 build sheets, but it will take a couple days. That’s a lot of possibilities (up to 899,999 VINs, with 223 possible combinations per VIN). Not sure it’s worth that much effort.
@triple_B, as I recall, you had mentioned doing that at one point - did you ever do it?
Jeezus is it even worth the end result?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add to what @Eighty has above, they have built 3854 trucks post 120XXX Vins with Panoramic roof, 1267 of those were this past week. That doesn't prove they aren't running out of pano roofs, but rather that they just haven't yet. Those 1267 built this week are spread among all series of trucks as can be seen below

*EDIT* Thought about it after and realized that the total number of trucks might be a useful metric as well to show how many of each were being built with Pano.

This could either indicate that very few Sports or Bighorns are ordered with the Pano, or as has been suggested above, that they are reserving what parts they do have on hand for the higher priced 1500's

SeriesW/ PanoTotalPtg
TRX
133​
190​
70.00%​
Limited
371​
728​
50.96%​
Longhorn
142​
311​
45.66%​
Laramie
446​
1519​
29.36%​
Rebel
120​
494​
24.29%​
Sport
22​
327​
6.73%​
Big Horn / Lonestar
33​
2441​
1.35%​
Oh man....im so screwed with the pano AND rambox in my bighorn, and I might not hear about anything until until Nov/Dec and delivery December or even early jan.

Might as well just start to look for GMC Sierra at4 or a Ford f150 fx4 package at this point, in hopes I can score a deal somewhere else. Just absolutely sucks that my mid June order isn't a priority and not in the radar when it might be built with those numbers.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I just bought a AT4. Will make final decision Monday after I talk to my Ram dealer.
PM me with details if you don't mind. This might be the way I need to go as well.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

brenan00

Reaction score
No, I don't. The VINs for 2021 ran pretty high (up in the 900's), but I think they skipped some sequences. Based on rough numbers of ~6000/week, on 50-ish weeks a year, I'm thinking around 300,000. But that's just a guess.
I was one of the last orders for MY21 on May 5th, and mine is 815735

chris288

Reaction score
ive been digging around some of the dealers i purchased my 09 ram, srt charger, 15 ram, hellcat, they have a ton of 2022 bighorns on order, in transit and on the lots. Most dealers have upwards of 20-30. My feeling is our orders are sold orders, and they are stock piling their dealers with tons of bighorns. filling their dealer lots seems more important than our sold orders.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ive been digging around some of the dealers i purchased my 09 ram, srt charger, 15 ram, hellcat, they have a ton of 2022 bighorns on order, in transit and on the lots. Most dealers have upwards of 20-30. My feeling is our orders are sold orders, and they are stock piling their dealers with tons of bighorns. filling their dealer lots seems more important than our sold orders.
I've been seeing the same thing here too. I think this why trucks with tons of options are being skipped over. They're taking the add on's for my build, as an example, and putting out 2 or 3 trucks instead of 1. Most Bighorns I see incoming are pretty stripped with a mix of gear ratios, every third or so has the trailer tow package and a handful have the tech package.

I bet we will see a flip and sold orders will start out weighing the rest. It's just a guess as to when.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
look at this

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been seeing the same thing here too. I think this why trucks with tons of options are being skipped over. They're taking the add on's for my build, as an example, and putting out 2 or 3 trucks instead of 1. Most Bighorns I see incoming are pretty stripped with a mix of gear ratios, every third or so has the trailer tow package and a handful have the tech package.

I bet we will see a flip and sold orders will start out weighing the rest. It's just a guess as to when.
A nice clarification from ram/stelantis on how they are currently handling orders would be WONDERFUL.

What is happening that other manufacturers are also catching up, and now the holidays are coming up. Competition will be better.

At this point, even if my dealer comes to me with my custom order, they will need to EARN my business with discounts and incentives, if they want me to stay loyal. I'm going 100% dump that right on my dealer if I don't hear anything next week. Waiting for months on an order with absolutely no real time frame, building queue and not having incentives for orders on newer 2022 trucks is just only going to hurt their position on trucks sold.

Right now, I'm officially going to start my research on other trucks to see what fits best for me, after this mess of an order process.

@RamCares

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A nice clarification from ram/stelantis on how they are currently handling orders would be WONDERFUL.

What is happening that other manufacturers are also catching up, and now the holidays are coming up. Competition will be better.

At this point, even if my dealer comes to me with my custom order, they will need to EARN my business with discounts and incentives, if they want me to stay loyal. I'm going 100% dump that right on my dealer if I don't hear anything next week.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

I get your frustration (we ordered around the same time) but we're only what, a month into production? If they don't feed these dealers units to sell then they go out of business and if they go out of business those of us with sold orders don't have a dealer to go take delivery of our trucks from.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

At this point, even if my dealer comes to me with my custom order, they will need to EARN my business with discounts and incentives, if they want me to stay loyal. I'm going 100% dump that right on my dealer if I don't hear anything next week. Waiting for months on an order with absolutely no real time frame, building queue and not having incentives for orders on newer 2022 trucks is just only going to hurt their position on trucks sold.

Right now, I'm officially going to start my research on other trucks to see what fits best for me, after this mess of an order process.

@RamCares

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

And the sad part is, they'll let you walk out and sell your truck to someone else a day later. I've been waiting since the end of June. We're all at the mercy of RAM

Users who are viewing this thread