5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eddieb1771

Reaction score
I realize this debate won't likely end soon, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I am not convinced that Ram is focusing on later orders because of money. I fairly firmly believe that their system is VERY messed up, due to the "order simplification" process that they instituted a few months ago. I've seen a few snippets of correspondence from FCA, stating that they have to manually rework several older orders to align them with their current system. So my theory is that they're slowly reconfiguring these older orders while building the streamlined ones in larger volumes.

I'm sure that some of the issues stem from parts shortages. Not necessarily empty shelves, but the package substitutions that they made early on (Level 2 vs. Level B, as an example). You should see the mess that has been created on the TRX packages. There are quite a few people who are now taking delivery of $90k-$100k trucks that are missing several items (like the Harman Kardon stereo, Head Up Display, and Digital Rearview Mirror). FCA appears to have completely botched the conversion of the packaging there.
Yeah the little bit I've seen and heard makes it sound like they should have not taken orders until the changes were made.

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score
Lol get hit by a train. And if that's your house in that picture, you may want to re-evaluate your financial decisions.

Have you asked your dealer to make a new order with all the same exact stuff, and then getting whichever one shows up first?

Now I am with you on being frustrated, I could not even imagine waiting this long as you have. I probably would have moved on, or grabbed something that came into their lot.

Getting angry at those of us that have trucks incoming does nothing good, and this forum probably isn't doing you much good either at this point. It just creates contention, where none of us have any power to do anything besides play the lottery.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
watch thus video
Thanks, I've seen that before. My confusion has to do with when a BS is generated. I've been under the impression that the BS is created when the truck comes off the line and THEN it is sent to be vendor for more items. But all of these items are listed on my BS. So can a BS be trusted if it list stuff not yet installed?

Rustybolt

Reaction score
Yeah, you're on there. You can see where your VIN sits if you refer back to the post where I added you:

There are well over 500 data points on that line, so I just can't fit names in there anymore.
Ok. Will do Thank You

Johnsonroda27

Reaction score
My dealer told me they are having problems getting truck drivers, worker shortage and all that. He said it's a crap shoot when they get a semi in loaded with trucks, and with the weather and holidays he expects it to get worse before it gets better. Ram Chat said my truck is "Waiting on shipping, with no known ETA" so that jives with what the dealer said.

As an aside, I honestly thought I was looking at April, and had planned to put away a bit of money each month to have a bigger down payment. So on the upside, the longer it takes the lower my monthly payments will be. Glass half full... 😜
thats actually a great play...

SC_Ram_Guy

Reaction score
My dealer told me they are having problems getting truck drivers, worker shortage and all that. He said it's a crap shoot when they get a semi in loaded with trucks, and with the weather and holidays he expects it to get worse before it gets better. Ram Chat said my truck is "Waiting on shipping, with no known ETA" so that jives with what the dealer said.

As an aside, I honestly thought I was looking at April, and had planned to put away a bit of money each month to have a bigger down payment. So on the upside, the longer it takes the lower my monthly payments will be. Glass half full... 😜
Mine is in that same status from Ram Chat. Talked to the dealer yesterday and he was able to tell me exactly where it was....Taylor Auction Yard 2. Apparently waiting to get on a rail. Been there since 12/20. He said it'll eventually get to the rail yard in Dixiana which is pretty much in the middle of the state (SC). He said the biggest problem is shortage of truck drivers. Once it gets to the rail yard there are only 4 drivers currently working out of that yard delivering to dealerships. At this point I am just hoping for late January delivery.

myownstatus

Reaction score
So the truck is at the railyard as stated by my salesperson, but I yet to have a WS?

1640893339650.png

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Order - chaos - who's next - "The only people that truly know, work for Stellantis." Do they even know from one day to the next?
I smile every time I see a low VIN. I shake my head every time I see a high VIN. My neck has grown a size or two from the shaking and my skin is smooth from lack of smiling.
So, at this point, what's considered a low vs high VIN? Cause I feel like I'm slowly sliding to what's consider a low VIN. lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the truck is at the railyard as stated by my salesperson, but I yet to have a WS?

View attachment 115385
I'm guessing that it just moved there today, which means it's been released by the factory. That would mean you should expect a window sticker to be published this evening.

EDIT: But temper your expectations on it shipping out quickly. My TRX sat in that railyard for 10 days before it got onto a train.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I've seen that before. My confusion has to do with when a BS is generated. I've been under the impression that the BS is created when the truck comes off the line and THEN it is sent to be vendor for more items. But all of these items are listed on my BS. So can a BS be trusted if it list stuff not yet installed?
imo the build sheet is not generated until everything is installed.

Maccam

Reaction score
Pickup at Mark Dodge was fantastic. After I arrived, I took my truck for a test drive, got a rundown of the features, and signed two additional items. Easiest process I've ever been through buying a car.

The truck is amazing. We're leaving in a bit for the trip home, but I couldn't ask for more (maybe that brown interior lol).

View attachment 115339
sharp,enjoy it

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I had my BS before it left for the body vender. Took some time after it came back to get the WS though. Another member here, Veneo, got his BS the same day I did, and his WS the next day, and he had body vender stuff to instal too. It seems pretty random...

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then why did I get a BS (with every option listed) on 12/21 and the truck is sitting at the body vendor having additional options installed? My payload will be zero if they put on more stuff!!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the build sheet is generated when it rolls off of the production line, and before it goes to the body vendor (if necessary). Sometimes, the body vendor is so quick that it beats the publishing of the build sheet - which is why it appears to be different in certain cases.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my eta has been moved 3 times.3 weeks now that its been sitting in the shipping yard
Welcome to the holiday shipping schedule. You think that's bad, my daughter ordered a bunch of crap from Amazon with her Christmas money, and she's FURIOUS that delivery has been delayed until January 3rd. Oh, the humanity!

myownstatus

Reaction score
I'm guessing that it just moved there today, which means it's been released by the factory. That would mean you should expect a window sticker to be published this evening.

EDIT: But temper your expectations on it shipping out quickly. My TRX sat in that railyard for 10 days before it got onto a train.

Right now I’m happy it got out this quickly. I expected to get the truck in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/