5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
My order date is June 18th....RAM Chat said they are waiting for parts to build my vehicle...very frustrating. (10th Anniversary Edition, 5.7 e-torque, 4wd, Ivory, Sea salt, Level 1 group, 33 gallon, 22 in wheels, tonneau cover).
We are getting ****ed over to build trucks for people who ordered in Nov and Dec.

usedup

Reaction score
did not find your build sheet

you are in the tracker so as soon as a build sheet shows up eighty will email you
Thank you.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
have you used the trailer steering?.guess after 16 years of towing,just dont know if ill use it
Yep. I like it mostly for the straight line assist or whatever it's called.
We are getting ****ed over to build trucks for people who ordered in Nov and Dec.
They're paying more.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I’m one of those people.

Dealer told me to expect a three to six month wait, and I was good with that. Much to my surprise, my truck is done and waiting on a rail car a month later. No one was more surprised than I.

I feel for y’all that placed your orders sometime last summer, especially if you were told something different than I was…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I realize this debate won't likely end soon, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I am not convinced that Ram is focusing on later orders because of money. I fairly firmly believe that their system is VERY messed up, due to the "order simplification" process that they instituted a few months ago. I've seen a few snippets of correspondence from FCA, stating that they have to manually rework several older orders to align them with their current system. So my theory is that they're slowly reconfiguring these older orders while building the streamlined ones in larger volumes.

I'm sure that some of the issues stem from parts shortages. Not necessarily empty shelves, but the package substitutions that they made early on (Level 2 vs. Level B, as an example). You should see the mess that has been created on the TRX packages. There are quite a few people who are now taking delivery of $90k-$100k trucks that are missing several items (like the Harman Kardon stereo, Head Up Display, and Digital Rearview Mirror). FCA appears to have completely botched the conversion of the packaging there.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pickup at Mark Dodge was fantastic. After I arrived, I took my truck for a test drive, got a rundown of the features, and signed two additional items. Easiest process I've ever been through buying a car.

The truck is amazing. We're leaving in a bit for the trip home, but I couldn't ask for more (maybe that brown interior lol).

PXL_20211229_210821321.jpg

myownstatus

Reaction score
I’m here waiting when I’ll get a WS, I’ve been in JB for two days. I wonder how long it takes to spray a bedliner and install side steps.

Update: Spoke to RAMCHAT just a few minutes ago and they stated that the truck is in the shipping stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Lol, so you made a change to your order and think RAM should still hold your original place?

It's not that hard to figure out why RAM built later orders that brought in more money.

Edit:
And no, I'm not defending RAM or saying they weren't incompetent in how they handled this. I've said as much more than once in here. But, if you think money has nothing to do with this, well...I'll just say that I disagree. Either way, my point wasn't to excuse RAM, so calm your *** down.
So which is it, money is the driving factor, and my new invoice price should get mine built sooner. Or, invoice price doesn't matter, just the options in it? There is no "holding places" if price is the driving factor. A bunch of other people have made changes as well, and it had no effect on getting the truck built. Also, my change was made on Nov 4th, after you ordered your truck. Which you got in 2 months. I'm not going to calm down, I'm tired of ****ing waiting. Acting like you know the answers to why people are waiting is laughable. You have no idea. Just like everyone else here. The only people that truly know, work for Stellantis.

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I’m one of those people.

Dealer told me to expect a three to six month wait, and I was good with that. Much to my surprise, my truck is done and waiting on a rail car a month later. No one was more surprised than I.

I feel for y’all that placed your orders sometime last summer, especially if you were told something different than I was…
I expected to be built by December. Which was longer then quoted when I ordered. They can't even give some of us an expected build date, after having the order for 6-7 months.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Pickup at Mark Dodge was fantastic. After I arrived, I took my truck for a test drive, got a rundown of the features, and signed two additional items. Easiest process I've ever been through buying a car.

The truck is amazing. We're leaving in a bit for the trip home, but I couldn't ask for more (maybe that brown interior lol).

View attachment 115339
Awesome looking truck. You have great taste! LOL Exactly what mine is going to look like! Can't wait to have mine parked in my driveway!!

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
The way I look at it is, even though I desperately want my truck, if. It trashes longer than the dealership said it'll be an opportunity for them to appease a very pissed off customer with free stuff, or even a better deal then the one I signed when I ordered it. But I might be singing a different tune if my wait time gets up to what several others has been.

WillieB

Reaction score
It might make more power, but Nothing sounds like a V8…

The 3.6 V6 in my Colorado is a great motor. It pulls hard, gets great mileage and is pretty bulletproof, but it sounds horrible. It’s one of the reasons I started looking at full size trucks, and the Ford turbo wasn’t even on my radar…
Inlines have their own unique sound, a sound of beauty too. Im looking forward to seeing what this new engine puts out in a Ram 1500, an exciting beginning. My next truck will have a Turbo inline, either the GM 2.7, or this new 3.0.

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
So which is it, money is the driving factor, and my new invoice price should get mine built sooner. Or, invoice price doesn't matter, just the options in it? There is no "holding places" if price is the driving factor. A bunch of other people have made changes as well, and it had no effect on getting the truck built. Also, my change was made on Nov 4th, after you ordered your truck. Which you got in 2 months. I'm not going to calm down, I'm tired of ****ing waiting. Acting like you know the answers to why people are waiting is laughable. You have no idea. Just like everyone else here. The only people that truly know, work for Stellantis.
Order - chaos - who's next - "The only people that truly know, work for Stellantis." Do they even know from one day to the next?
I smile every time I see a low VIN. I shake my head every time I see a high VIN. My neck has grown a size or two from the shaking and my skin is smooth from lack of smiling.

Mathis35

Reaction score
In paint yesterday according to dealer. Was hoping for a bs today but there's still tomorrow to get one before the weekend.

PepperellFF

Reaction score
Update from RAM Chat yesterday both of my trucks are at the “body vendor” getting the options added, I assume that is the bed liner, running boards etc. I could be wrong, bad news is they are shutting down until next week so that is where it stops. Hope they get finished next week then I wait for the trucks to be shipped to NH!!

myownstatus

Reaction score
Update from RAM Chat yesterday both of my trucks are at the “body vendor” getting the options added, I assume that is the bed liner, running boards etc. I could be wrong, bad news is they are shutting down until next week so that is where it stops. Hope they get finished next week then I wait for the trucks to be shipped to NH!!

I heard in a video that the those parts are usually installed in an hour or so.

I was I this status for two days. I was told by Ram Chat this morning that my truck is in the shipping status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread