5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Maccam

Reaction score
Welcome to the holiday shipping schedule. You think that's bad, my daughter ordered a bunch of crap from Amazon with her Christmas money, and she's FURIOUS that delivery has been delayed until January 3rd. Oh, the humanity!
doesnt suprise me

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the build sheet is generated when it rolls off of the production line, and before it goes to the body vendor (if necessary). Sometimes, the body vendor is so quick that it beats the publishing of the build sheet - which is why it appears to be different in certain cases.
this ↑

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My dealer told me they are having problems getting truck drivers, worker shortage and all that. He said it's a crap shoot when they get a semi in loaded with trucks, and with the weather and holidays he expects it to get worse before it gets better. Ram Chat said my truck is "Waiting on shipping, with no known ETA" so that jives with what the dealer said.

As an aside, I honestly thought I was looking at April, and had planned to put away a bit of money each month to have a bigger down payment. So on the upside, the longer it takes the lower my monthly payments will be. Glass half full... 😜
my truck is still sitting at the port of san diego waiting to be trucked to dealer 15 miles away. they thought it might be today but so far not.
all the yard workers are in long beach for more money

Pjsant26

Reaction score
I’m beginning to think my salesman doesn’t know what he is talking about. Since Monday he has told me that I’m in KZS status which he described as in transit. Today he reaffirmed KZS but sent me pic of the updated POC which just shows KZ, released by the plant and invoiced. Ugh.

Veneno

Reaction score
I’m beginning to think my salesman doesn’t know what he is talking about. Since Monday he has told me that I’m in KZS status which he described as in transit. Today he reaffirmed KZS but sent me pic of the updated POC which just shows KZ, released by the plant and invoiced. Ugh.
Keep in mind that after the plant releases your Ram to be delivered the dealership has little control on how fast it gets there. There is a severe shortage of truckers right now that it's affecting everything.

Derek916

Reaction score
Keep in mind that after the plant releases your Ram to be delivered the dealership has little control on how fast it gets there. There is a severe shortage of truckers right now that it's affecting everything.
Will your truck come into cali before the New Years? The incentives for our region look so good right now. Looks to be about 3 or 4K off.

Veneno

Reaction score
Will your truck come into cali before the New Years? The incentives for our region look so good right now. Looks to be about 3 or 4K off.
I strongly doubt it. I'll probably see it mid January or so.

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
231 Build Sheets found today. 2 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Hillbilly2, @MNMEAD

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
142737 @Hillbilly2XGeorgiaGraniteLimited
184591 @MNMEADXIowaBlackLimited

Praise sweet baby Jesus! Thank you to triple_B and Eighty for the data mining.

5 months and 7 days since I ordered. I checked the BS and it has everything I ordered on it, so I survived the package changes intact.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the build sheet is generated when it rolls off of the production line, and before it goes to the body vendor (if necessary). Sometimes, the body vendor is so quick that it beats the publishing of the build sheet - which is why it appears to be different in certain cases.
I suppose you are right, I've been operating under that assumption. That was most likely true in my first build BS one day and WS the next. I'm just confused why ALL options are listed on both build sheets. And at least the second build they weren't quick but all options still listed. They must include all body vendor items on the build sheets even though they aren't installed yet. I guess this falls into the category of WHO THE HELL KNOWS!

Pjsant26

Reaction score
Oh I totally get that. I just don’t think my salesman
i totally get that. I can accept that it is sitting waiting to be shipped. Just irritated that my salesman is telling me it’s in transit when it’s not.

Maccam

Reaction score
As stupid as this may sound if it's out of the plant it's in transit.
thats what im learning.didnt get it for christmas,not getting it for new years.sure the h_ll i dont have to wait til my birthday,
feb 10th

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thats what im learning.didnt get it for christmas,not getting it for new years.sure the h_ll i dont have to wait til my birthday,
feb 10th
What does your shipping window currently say? Mine was 12/22 - 1/10 and it came in the 27th (Louisiana).

Cda3488

Reaction score
doesnt your dealer have a Estimate shipping date for you ? what status is your build in ? still D ? i went into D1 almost instantly .and was given a est ship date.
Wow I and in shipping stage and still don’t have an estimated ship date. It’s been in that stage for a week now. How do you get a ship date so soon??

yup ram

Reaction score
Ok I’m a little late to the gas tank size discussion but was hoping I might find some folks who ordered the 26 gallon tank option. When I ordered my truck(s), there was a $0 option to upgrade the 23 gallon tank to 26 gallon. I asked my salesman to select the larger option seeing as it was a free upgrade. However, all signs point to 23 gallon on my build sheet and window sticker. When I asked my salesman, he assured me that it would be equipped with the bigger tank. I’m not convinced.

Have any of you ordered a 26 gallon tank but all documentation called it 23 gallons? Can anyone help me know how to tell when I take delivery? I’m hoping I can get an “oops” discount from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread