5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spacer for Mopar Lift

NJC1684

Reaction score
Looks great. I will be skipping the.5” spacer. I run the same sized tires but on 18” wheels (275/70R18). I have the Big Horn without the fender flares, and I don’t want the lift to make the wheels look undersized. I will post pics when mine is done - hopefully by the end of next week. Thanks again. This is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So your plan is to install the Mopar lift along w/ the ORP springs but excluding the updated spacer?

Lawfin

Reaction score
So your plan is to install the Mopar lift along w/ the ORP springs but excluding the updated spacer?

I will go with the same setup as Skol. I will be going with the Mopar spacer (ring that slips down the Fox shock to lift the lower spring seat) as well as the ORP springs. I was considering adding an additional .5” Motofab top hat spacer, but based on Skol’s results, I will be skipping the Motofab top hat.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Just got the updated Mopar spacer and ORP springs installed. Definitely looks better. Seemed to raise the front about 1 3/4”. It’s now

Front- 8 1/4”
Rear- 9 1/4”
What are your F&R Center of hub to fender measurements? Tire to fender measurements change based on tire size. You're setup on 305's looks perfect. Thinking of the same thing. BDS just released 6" kit which i want but don't think 35's will be great for my 3.21 gearing

skol

Reaction score
What are your F&R Center of hub to fender measurements? Tire to fender measurements change based on tire size. You're setup on 305's looks perfect. Thinking of the same thing. BDS just released 6" kit which i want but don't think 35's will be great for my 3.21 gearing

I agree. I got 3.21 and was considering 35’s on a 6” but decided against it. I’m happy with my setup. Still has pretty good acceleration and smooth ride. My measurements are approximately 24.5 front and 26 rear

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mopar/Fox lift kit comes with replacement UCA's that are designed specifically for the added lift - so needless to say, they look great! Forgot to post these earlier..

IMO the Mopar lift is perfect, i'm not sure i'd want it any higher as then the tire would not fill the wheel well out as designed. And the 6" lift with 37's looks BADASS but the MPG I can't imagine would be worth it.. Mine is pulling 11-12 city with 3.92 on 2" lift with 35s on 22s currently on 600 miles... o_O

View attachment 23141 View attachment 23142

What brand and what % tint did you do?

jwiley386

Reaction score
What brand and what % tint did you do?

3M Ceramic 70% on the entire Windshield, 15% on front windows, 25% on rear windows and 25% on back windows. I am considering also getting the Sunroof done as well in a 70%..

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well my truck has been in the shop since Monday for the spacer being added and the TSB for the brake squeal. At the rate they are going I may not see it until Thursday. Not rushing them as I have other vehicles to use, it’s just when I get it back I want it done right !

Lawfin

Reaction score
I had the spacer (PN 68465604AA) as well as the ORP springs (PN 68320249AB) added to the Mopar lift that I had installed in February 2019. I did not at the Motofab 1/2" top hat spacer. I could not be happier. My truck is perfectly level with a full tank of fuel, and has about a .75" rake with less than a quarter tank. In addition, the ride quality has improved as the front end is a bit more stiff. Note, I run 18" wheels with the Wildpeak AT3 tires (275/70R18). With the 18 inch wheels, the added stiffnes of the ORP spring is perfect.

To check level, I parked in a parking structure that I know is perfectly level. I then used a level on the bottom rail of the truck between the front and rear doors. It was dead on with a full tank of fuel. In my opinion, measuring to the bottom of the wheel well will not be accurate because it appears to me that the wheel well in the rear if higher from the hub than the one in the front. But, becuse most people are measuring from the wheel well, my measurements are now - Center to Hub with Mopar Lift + Spacer + ORP Spring: Front 25 1/8 Rear 25.5. Sorry - I do not have before and after measurements (I did previously post measurements from the top of the tire before but I do not believe they were accurate). So other posters indicated that the ORP springs will add an inch of lift in the front, and they were dead on (THANK YOU BTW). Remember, the Mopar lift is a lift - not a level. Exchanging your non-ORP springs with ORP springs and adding it to the Mopar lift will give you a level set up. And yes, my Mopar lift UCAs look fine.

I am super happy with this set-up. Adding the springs cost me $130 (cost of springs only). I was not charged labor for adding the spring. The strut assemply has to be disassembled for the spacer warranty work, so there is no added time to simply swap the springs out. I also like the fact that set up is 100% Mopar.

Attached are before and after photos. Sorry for the different angles.
_DSC3670.png _DSC4051 (1).png

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here’s my invoice of what I had done.

Attachments

• F3E0C960-ADB0-427A-A3A1-9F929FC0063C.jpeg
    F3E0C960-ADB0-427A-A3A1-9F929FC0063C.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 74

skol

Reaction score
I had the spacer (PN 68465604AA) as well as the ORP springs (PN 68320249AB) added to the Mopar lift that I had installed in February 2019. I did not at the Motofab 1/2" top hat spacer. I could not be happier. My truck is perfectly level with a full tank of fuel, and has about a .75" rake with less than a quarter tank. In addition, the ride quality has improved as the front end is a bit more stiff. Note, I run 18" wheels with the Wildpeak AT3 tires (275/70R18). With the 18 inch wheels, the added stiffnes of the ORP spring is perfect.

To check level, I parked in a parking structure that I know is perfectly level. I then used a level on the bottom rail of the truck between the front and rear doors. It was dead on with a full tank of fuel. In my opinion, measuring to the bottom of the wheel well will not be accurate because it appears to me that the wheel well in the rear if higher from the hub than the one in the front. But, becuse most people are measuring from the wheel well, my measurements are now - Center to Hub with Mopar Lift + Spacer + ORP Spring: Front 25 1/8 Rear 25.5. Sorry - I do not have before and after measurements (I did previously post measurements from the top of the tire before but I do not believe they were accurate). So other posters indicated that the ORP springs will add an inch of lift in the front, and they were dead on (THANK YOU BTW). Remember, the Mopar lift is a lift - not a level. Exchanging your non-ORP springs with ORP springs and adding it to the Mopar lift will give you a level set up. And yes, my Mopar lift UCAs look fine.

I am super happy with this set-up. Adding the springs cost me $130 (cost of springs only). I was not charged labor for adding the spring. The strut assemply has to be disassembled for the spacer warranty work, so there is no added time to simply swap the springs out. I also like the fact that set up is 100% Mopar.

View attachment 24165 View attachment 24166

Looks good. That’s my exact setup but with different wheels. Probably a good thing you didn’t add that MotoFab spacer

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the spacers put in today. Raises the front about .75". I do think it looks better. Rides the same.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pics please

Before and after. It's subtle but noticable and definitely looks better. Personally I like a little rake, but the first looks like 70s muscle car.

Attachments

• 20190120_151703.jpg
    20190120_151703.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20190508_072543.jpg
    20190508_072543.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 137

Filet

Reaction score

I don't see either the spacer or ORP spring part numbers on the Mopar site. How did you get them?

skol

Reaction score
I don't see either the spacer or ORP spring part numbers on the Mopar site. How did you get them?

I didn’t either until I just googled the part numbers. They came up with links for different dealerships around the country that sell them. Go through each link and see who gives you the best price and shipping

Filet

Reaction score
I didn’t either until I just googled the part numbers. They came up with links for different dealerships around the country that sell them. Go through each link and see who gives you the best price and shipping
I get search results for the ORP spring but nothing for the front spacer....nothing anywhere. Got a link to where you bought it from by chance?

skol

Reaction score
I get search results for the ORP spring but nothing for the front spacer....nothing anywhere. Got a link to where you bought it from by chance?

I just did the search to and can’t find it either. I’m not sure now. I would go to the dealership that’s closest and ask for the part numbers. Also there is a TSB for the Mopar lift. I’ll try and find it

skol

Reaction score
I just did the search to and can’t find it either. I’m not sure now. I would go to the dealership that’s closest and ask for the part numbers. Also there is a TSB for the Mopar lift. I’ll try and find it

21c94e80eab8583b4b817369d9e91d4c.jpg

Alex5737

Reaction score
I have the Mopar lift on my Big Horn. I have had warranty work approved for the shock spacer mentioned above - so the parts/labor are covered at no cost to me. I have also ordered a set of ORP springs ($120/pair), and there will be no labor charge for spring replacement. My parts are about 10 days out.

I read on another post that the spacer mentioned above provides .5” to .75” of lift. The ORP springs should provide another 1”. Hopefully someone else will report how much front end lift the spacers provide before my parts are installed. If it’s 2”, I will skip the springs. I have to say that I am doubting the 2” theory based on my measurements and the fact that the Mopar lift is supposed to be just that - a 2” lift front to back, and not a level, and based on the fact that these trucks come stock with a 1.5”-1.75” rake. My truck measurements are currently as stated below. I measured in various places, because it’s hard for me to determine what area of the truck needs to look level.

WHEEL WELL (top of tire to well)
F 6 3/4
R 9 3/4

BOTTOM OF TRUCK (behind wheel well for front wheel, in front of wheel well for rear)
F 16
R 18

TOP OF BED
F 56
R 58.5

Do you have the part number for the spring?

Ram1992

Reaction score

How do y'all like the ride after having the spacer and the ORP springs installed? I have an appointment scheduled for next week to get the 2" Mopar lift installed along with the ORP springs.

Users who are viewing this thread