5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spacer for Mopar Lift

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I talked to them today and they are ordering the parts. I'll try to take before and after pictures. Also measure.

Service guy asked how I knew about it..."5thgenrams.com man!".

Last edited:

jwiley386

Reaction score
I talked to them today and they are ordering the parts. I'll try to take before and after pictures. Also measure.

Service guy asked how I knew about it..."5thgenrams.com man!".

Something that has been asked is were you charged for the additional spacer or since it has a TSB did Ram cover the parts/labor? Want to answer another user in a separate thread that inquired.
Thanks!

skol

Reaction score
Something that has been asked is were you charged for the additional spacer or since it has a TSB did Ram cover the parts/labor? Want to answer another user in a separate thread that inquired.
Thanks!

Got the spacer for free. Had to show receipt from Mopar. Install was not free since I had another shop do my Lift.

jwiley386

Reaction score
Got the spacer for free. Had to show receipt from Mopar. Install was not free since I had another shop do my Lift.

Got it, so TSB cover's parts/labor if install was done at factory. Thanks

Lawfin

Reaction score
Got it, so TSB cover's parts/labor if install was done at factory. Thanks

My lift was purchased and installed at the Ram dealership (different Ram dealership than the one at which I purchased my truck) and therefore, the parts (in this case the spacers) and labor are covered in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skol

Reaction score
No problem. Right now from top center wheel to liner it’s:
Front- 6 1/2”
Rear- 9 1/4”

Just got the updated Mopar spacer and ORP springs installed. Definitely looks better. Seemed to raise the front about 1 3/4”. It’s now

Front- 8 1/4”
Rear- 9 1/4”

Lawfin

Reaction score
Just got the updated Mopar spacer and ORP springs installed. Definitely looks better. Seemed to raise the front about 1 3/4”. It’s now

Front- 8 1/4”
Rear- 9 1/4”

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I’m really happy with those numbers. Looks like the ORP springs with the Mopar lift create a nice all-Mopar lift that is closer to level. I was thinking of adding the .5” Motofab spacer on top of mine. Any opinions on that? I don’t want my truck looking nose-high. Just out of curiosity, do your UCAs look good?

skol

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the update. I’m really happy with those numbers. Looks like the ORP springs with the Mopar lift create a nice all-Mopar lift that is closer to level. I was thinking of adding the .5” Motofab spacer on top of mine. Any opinions on that? I don’t want my truck looking nose-high. Just out of curiosity, do your UCAs look good?

I’m definitely not mechanically inclined unless it’s a pencil. So I’m not sure how the MotoFab spacer would do or even my UCA. I did ask the installer about my UCA and he said they look fine. For a piece of mind I may wait on Ready Lift to sell the UCA for the their 4” Lift separately and have those installed. The ride seems to be the same as before so there’s no difference in that. I’ll take some pics when I get home.

Lawfin

Reaction score
I’m definitely not mechanically inclined unless it’s a pencil. So I’m not sure how the MotoFab spacer would do or even my UCA. I did ask the installer about my UCA and he said they look fine. For a piece of mind I may wait on Ready Lift to sell the UCA for the their 4” Lift separately and have those installed. The ride seems to be the same as before so there’s no difference in that. I’ll take some pics when I get home.

Thanks. I will look forward to seeing pictures. There are so many different angles on these trucks that for me, it’s hard to determine what to judge from when deciding whether the truck looks level - The wheel wells? The bottom rail? The top of the bed? The cab top? When you look at your truck, does it look level to your eye? Slight rake? Thanks for being the guinea pig on this!

skol

Reaction score
Thanks. I will look forward to seeing pictures. There are so many different angles on these trucks that for me, it’s hard to determine what to judge from when deciding whether the truck looks level - The wheel wells? The bottom rail? The top of the bed? The cab top? When you look at your truck, does it look level to your eye? Slight rake? Thanks for being the guinea pig on this!

I see a slight rake. Not noticeable unless your looking for it. I honestly would rather have a slight rake though

jwiley386

Reaction score

The Mopar/Fox lift kit comes with replacement UCA's that are designed specifically for the added lift - so needless to say, they look great! Forgot to post these earlier..

IMO the Mopar lift is perfect, i'm not sure i'd want it any higher as then the tire would not fill the wheel well out as designed. And the 6" lift with 37's looks BADASS but the MPG I can't imagine would be worth it.. Mine is pulling 11-12 city with 3.92 on 2" lift with 35s on 22s currently on 600 miles... o_O

23141 23142

skol

Reaction score
The Mopar/Fox lift kit comes with replacement UCA's that are designed specifically for the added lift - so needless to say, they look great! Forgot to post these earlier..

IMO the Mopar lift is perfect, i'm not sure i'd want it any higher as then the tire would not fill the wheel well out as designed. And the 6" lift with 37's looks BADASS but the MPG I can't imagine would be worth it.. Mine is pulling 11-12 city with 3.92 on 2" lift with 35s on 22s currently on 600 miles... o_O

View attachment 23141 View attachment 23142

I agree. I think the lift is perfect. I had a f350 with a 6” BDS. Awesome looking truck but after awhile it was just too much.

skol

Reaction score

390518a254a7177c89c845497fcbb60d.jpg

jwiley386

Reaction score
Tried to put it on as level of a surface. For me this is exactly what I want. I thought about 35” tires but went with 305/55/20. Just over 33”.

Yummy, that thing is sick. Next set of tires though go with the 35x12.50, they will fit :devilish:

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good skol. I wonder how much each part added. My parts are ordered so I guess it's a matter of time before I find out.

skol

Reaction score
Looks good skol. I wonder how much each part added. My parts are ordered so I guess it's a matter of time before I find out.

The added spacer for the Mopar Lift was just over 1/2”. The ORP springs vs the Non-ORP was about an inch longer. So about 1 1/2” give or take

Lawfin

Reaction score
Tried to put it on as level of a surface. For me this is exactly what I want. I thought about 35” tires but went with 305/55/20. Just over 33”.

Looks great. I will be skipping the.5” spacer. I run the same sized tires but on 18” wheels (275/70R18). I have the Big Horn without the fender flares, and I don’t want the lift to make the wheels look undersized. I will post pics when mine is done - hopefully by the end of next week. Thanks again. This is great.

jwiley386

Reaction score
Looks great. I will be skipping the.5” spacer. I run the same sized tires but on 18” wheels (275/70R18). I have the Big Horn without the fender flares, and I don’t want the lift to make the wheels look undersized. I will post pics when mine is done - hopefully by the end of next week. Thanks again. This is great.

My updated Mopar kit is roughly:
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25.5"

Users who are viewing this thread