5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So this happened to me after one week of ownership.

fastlanez

Reaction score
06B784C1-5B50-4C7F-9477-715545807B14.jpeg 387F6A25-8B2E-4851-B452-BA1312BFB0C2.jpeg D1C9247B-2A53-4AE0-834B-D6FD568C32B8.jpeg D70D2634-3683-4BE8-8DD3-6C2E427098BA.jpeg FE2D0C19-3FEF-4417-A4AA-D9327E37C71F.jpeg 6C629C9A-3299-424F-A14D-01DF66001CD3.jpeg

One week after purchasing the Laramie, I walk out to our 4th floor parking deck to head to the driving range and to my complete surprise, some low life idiot got me for all four of my wheels. And before you ask, no, the truck did not come with wheel locks as that was something I was going to purchase, but after a week I had not got around to it and to be honest, parking in a secure garage on the 4th level, it never crossed my mind a criminal would go through all that to get to this. I was wrong!

Good thing is the police caught the suspect, bad new is they didn’t recover my wheels.

New OEM wheels are on order with a set of Continental Terrain Contact A/T’s. Will be installing either Bilstein leveling struts up front, or the Mopar 2” lift.

PS, they didn’t touch my Alfa sitting right next to it or my wife’s all too sexy 2013 Nissan Rogue.

Hard lesson to learn, put locks on your wheels ASAP!

* Mod, if I’m in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. Thanks and sorry

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow...atleast they were nice enough to put some wood blocks under the truck. BTW...looks like you need to get some rear fenderliners.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
That’s sick! Some people are that low. I will definitely be checking into some type of wheel lock.

Scram-I hear ya! I’ve got Taurus Raging Bull, that’s a bull you don’t wanna run with.

Runagun

Reaction score
Damn, kinda reminds me of the movie the super with Joe Pesci. With the corvette being stripped but the alarm still worked.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they have catch and release in Detroit, Michigan like NY?

Seems like that's the norm for all major metro areas now. Houston has it pretty bad. 🤬

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Seems like that's the norm for all major metro areas now. Houston has it pretty bad. 🤬
Couldn’t agree more. Liberal do-nothing mayor Turner and city council are worthless and crime at a an all time high.
These idiots are more worried about having trans bathrooms in public buildings instead of allocating more money for LE agencies to fight crime. Sheesh....

To the OP. This stinks man. Good opportunity to get nicer wheels (and locks).

Cheers,

KCViper

Reaction score
That really sucks and hate that happened to you!! If it makes you feel any better, even with a locking lug nut the low lives would have most likely still stolen your wheels.....it would simply slow them down!!

Zig10

Reaction score
Had something similar happen to my (new at the time) '04 Corvette in the garage of a high-end hotel...except they damaged body panels in the process. When I walked around the corner and saw it I actually physically got sick to my stomach.

Good for you taking this in stride better than I did. Oh, and good choice on the new tires. I had the Conti TC A/Ts on my previous truck and really liked them. I went with the H/Ts on my current Ram and couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread