5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I called FCA about Harman Kardon system.

FreeNC

Reaction score
I took my Limited in for service, they said the amp update was no longer available to put in the truck.
I had my amp updated today and it is incredible. Dealership had no idea what I was talking about so I gave them the TSB number and that did the trick.

John

Reaction score
Too bad they aren't more informed! It is an awesome system AFTER the update!!

John

cruz1996

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an update for the alpine system as well?! I noticed if I use “aux” and go under my settings to aux volume offset and turn it up to the max the dash speakers go crazy and distort. I have to put mine on -1

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an update for the alpine system as well?! I noticed if I use “aux” and go under my settings to aux volume offset and turn it up to the max the dash speakers go crazy and distort. I have to put mine on -1

The radio has the offset so phones with lower output can still play at similar volume compared to other sources. No update is needed to fix that. Some phones output more signal strength than others. Your phone is overdriving the aux input with the offset turned up and -1 is the proper setting if you don't hear clipping (harsh distortion) with your phone (or music player) at max volume.

Last edited:

tarnished2929

Reaction score
Did you have the TSB done? When was your build date?

When you get a chance, put the details of your build in your signature if you would, so that we know what you have.
I have 2019 Laramie crew cab with the 12 in screen and the 19 speaker Harmon kardon stereo and I just had the amplifier enhancement update and wow what a difference it made. Now it sounds like it should have from the beginning.

Ksilva211

Reaction score
Word of caution I got the update done and now it sounds like my driver side rear door speaker is blown from to much bass. It’s rattling away. I’m sure it will be fun trying to get them to cover it

John

Reaction score
My rear door speakers don't sound too good either! Doubt it's the speaker, probably the amp!

John

superramvette

Reaction score
I have had the rare luxury or misadventure depending on your outlook of owning two mostly identical 2019 ram limited models with the harmon kardon system. The first truck was a long bed model with tow package and it had the dreaded low output that you guys describe. I was forced to switch to a regular bed model because they registered the wrong VIN truck so now I have a 2019 regular bed without tow package (it worked out because I got surround cameras, bed cover, and better gear). So basically I have put 2K miles on two identical trucks. One had the problem the WHOLE time that you guys describe. My current truck (had been on the lot for a while, early build) has done the low sound on one start but otherwise has been a completely different system. It sounds like I expected the system to sound. I have used the same inputs in both trucks. This tells me it is a software issue as my current truck has had the low volume occur randomly and then on restart it was normal again. The previous truck did it all the time.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the rare luxury or misadventure depending on your outlook of owning two mostly identical 2019 ram limited models with the harmon kardon system. The first truck was a long bed model with tow package and it had the dreaded low output that you guys describe. I was forced to switch to a regular bed model because they registered the wrong VIN truck so now I have a 2019 regular bed without tow package (it worked out because I got surround cameras, bed cover, and better gear). So basically I have put 2K miles on two identical trucks. One had the problem the WHOLE time that you guys describe. My current truck (had been on the lot for a while, early build) has done the low sound on one start but otherwise has been a completely different system. It sounds like I expected the system to sound. I have used the same inputs in both trucks. This tells me it is a software issue as my current truck has had the low volume occur randomly and then on restart it was normal again. The previous truck did it all the time.
Interesting. Once while driving my truck the volume all of a sudden blasted for a second then went back to normal. I too suspect its an update but unsure if it's something they can push over the air or if it needs to be done at the dealer.

John

Reaction score
Interesting. Once while driving my truck the volume all of a sudden blasted for a second then went back to normal. I too suspect its an update but unsure if it's something they can push over the air or if it needs to be done at the dealer.
TSB 08-123-18 will solve your volume issues. Go to the dealer and have them add it to your software!

John

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TSB 08-123-18 will solve your volume issues. Go to the dealer and have them add it to your software!

John
My truck is at the dealer now for a number of things. They are supposedly going to do the update from the TSB. Hopefully, they do it correctly and it solves the problem.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is at the dealer now for a number of things. They are supposedly going to do the update from the TSB. Hopefully, they do it correctly and it solves the problem.
Rest easy. Flashing firmware is all or nothing...either it fails or works. If it fails, they try again or replace parts until it works. There is no way it won't solve the issue.

BMac728

Reaction score
Just had the update done from the service bulletin posted on here.Thank You . The difference is noticeable right away. Get it done if your build date is within the dates posted. Thanks Again

fireron

Reaction score
Just had the TSB amp update performed on my H K system today. Sounds much better....the way it should have from the start. If it applies to your build date, get it done!!!!!!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had the TSB amp update performed on my H K system today. Sounds much better....the way it should have from the start. If it applies to your build date, get it done!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to hearing the difference since the update was done by my dealer if I ever get my truck back.

Users who are viewing this thread