5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of you have renewed Uconnect?

Renew or let it lapse

• Total voters

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's for the Guardian service (GPS locating, remote lock/unlock/start from an app on your phone).

Jeeper

Reaction score
That's for the Guardian service (GPS locating, remote lock/unlock/start from an app on your phone).
should be free like GM offers with basic Onstar services.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Amazing93

Reaction score
I have been getting offers of half off for 6 months. Last week I got my first offer of half off for 12 months. I enjoy the remote lock, unlock , start options the app on my phone provides with unconnect. But is it worth 250 bucks. Hell no it isn't. Not to me anyway.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My wife just bought a 2020 Ranger and her version of Guardian is free for as long as she owns the truck.
Yeah. And Ford’s implementation is a lot better. It tells you how much gas vehicle has in the tank, tire pressure, etc. a lot more useful and free of charge.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. And Ford’s implementation is a lot better. It tells you how much gas vehicle has in the tank, tire pressure, etc. a lot more useful and free of charge.
My bighorn with the 8.4" screen showed tire pressure and fuel level. My Laramie with the 12" not so much.

KCViper

Reaction score
My bighorn with the 8.4" screen showed tire pressure and fuel level. My Laramie with the 12" not so much.
Regarding Uconnect, my Porsche app shows much more useful (at least to me) information including tire pressure, fuel level, odometer reading and more! Uconnect is certainly not worth the asking $25/month fee to me! Of course the first time I get locked out of the truck and don't have the Uconnect app, I may change my opinion!! :oops:

INVISBLE

Reaction score
So you dont lose the actual navi but what you do lose is any online search using navi... which is ******** considering I pay for the wifi hotspot and you would think the stupid radio could use that connection since Sirius can when it loses signal.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding Uconnect, my Porsche app shows much more useful (at least to me) information including tire pressure, fuel level, odometer reading and more! Uconnect is certainly not worth the asking $25/month fee to me! Of course the first time I get locked out of the truck and don't have the Uconnect app, I may change my opinion!! :oops:
Have the Uconnect number in your phone and call and subscribe for 1 month, then unlock your doors ;)

flynguyofia

Reaction score
Bought a '21 Eco Diesel a week ago, Limited with 12" screen. My Dealer, didn't even know the 'Info' on the uConnect app wasn't available (ie tire pressures, fuel level, battery, etc). They directed me to call Sirius Guardian, which I have twice - to no avail. Those functions not available with the 12" screen, Sirius says. What? Why? If I had the 8.4", those functions would work ... but opting into a more expensive vehicle, I can't get any of the 'Info' on my phone?

Which has led me to the question - "Who do we call / write, to press for the change?" Is this an integration issue with the manufacturer of that particular screen and Sirius? Did Dodge drop the ball with Sirius? What IS the issue here.

As for renewing the 'services' I have through uConnect or Sirius, it's a strong no right now. It just seems that Sirius is dropping the ball with potential income for some of us (not all of us - we are all different, want different functionality).

Einstein376

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 used from the dealer, finally called uConnect from the truck yesterday about turning on the app. They said I would need to fax them proof of ownership as they still show the original owner on the account. I was amazed that buying the truck from a dealer did not update their system and that faxing them proof was the only choice. I decided any organization still relaying on faxes was not likely worth the effort.

Jim

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my 2019 used from the dealer, finally called uConnect from the truck yesterday about turning on the app. They said I would need to fax them proof of ownership as they still show the original owner on the account. I was amazed that buying the truck from a dealer did not update their system and that faxing them proof was the only choice. I decided any organization still relaying on faxes was not likely worth the effort.

Jim
I traded my 2019 in on my 2021 and I am stilling getting email updates about how urgently the new owner needs to change his or her oil..... :ROFLMAO:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought a '21 Eco Diesel a week ago, Limited with 12" screen. My Dealer, didn't even know the 'Info' on the uConnect app wasn't available (ie tire pressures, fuel level, battery, etc). They directed me to call Sirius Guardian, which I have twice - to no avail. Those functions not available with the 12" screen, Sirius says. What? Why? If I had the 8.4", those functions would work ... but opting into a more expensive vehicle, I can't get any of the 'Info' on my phone?

Which has led me to the question - "Who do we call / write, to press for the change?" Is this an integration issue with the manufacturer of that particular screen and Sirius? Did Dodge drop the ball with Sirius? What IS the issue here.

As for renewing the 'services' I have through uConnect or Sirius, it's a strong no right now. It just seems that Sirius is dropping the ball with potential income for some of us (not all of us - we are all different, want different functionality).
From what I have read the 12" is at the edge of what uConnect 4 can support. The additional screen stuff eats into the resources so some of the "extras" got dropped to make room for the tablet-sized screen.

I'm not sure of everything that is lost but I have read of some of the app items as well as the number of satellite Favorites you can set.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Whoever at SXM set the plan prices especially for the Canadian market must have been doing some serious drugs. They want $33.98/month + taxes ($379 USD for a year) for the convenience & security combo, and only offer it as month to month. If they come to their senses and by that I mean around $10/month tax in for the combo, I may consider reactivating. If not, it will stay lapsed.

mtehonica

Reaction score
I traded my 2019 in on my 2021 and I am stilling getting email updates about how urgently the new owner needs to change his or her oil..... :ROFLMAO:
Apparently there isn't any type of "reconditioning" process for Uconnect when you trade a vehicle, which is kind of a security concern. When I traded my 2017 Grand Cherokee for my 2019 RAM, I had just renewed my Uconnect subscription - It was still registered and I had access to all the remote control options (start, unlock, lock, etc) until it expired 9 months later. Could open the app any time and see where the new owner was and everything. Couldn't find any option in the app to remove it from my account either.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently there isn't any type of "reconditioning" process for Uconnect when you trade a vehicle, which is kind of a security concern. When I traded my 2017 Grand Cherokee for my 2019 RAM, I had just renewed my Uconnect subscription - It was still registered and I had access to all the remote control options (start, unlock, lock, etc) until it expired 9 months later. Could open the app any time and see where the new owner was and everything. Couldn't find any option in the app to remove it from my account either.
That’s actually really messed up to have the option to see where the car is.... yikes!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Now that sounds like it could be a lot of fun to play with when you're bored ;)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Whoever at SXM set the plan prices especially for the Canadian market must have been doing some serious drugs. They want $33.98/month + taxes ($379 USD for a year) for the convenience & security combo, and only offer it as month to month. If they come to their senses and by that I mean around $10/month tax in for the combo, I may consider reactivating. If not, it will stay lapsed.
Yeah,......that's insane. Too much!

Users who are viewing this thread