5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of you have renewed Uconnect?

Renew or let it lapse

• Total voters

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My free subscription expired in February and I'd like to get it again if the price was lower and starting via app worked properly.

This past winter my truck was parked outside for 6 weeks and I wanted to start it after two weeks, then again after four, but it didn't start.
My battery is now weaker, it sounds sluggish when I use the fob to start it.

I hope that many are not renewing and that gives FCA an idea that some aren't happy and that they should do something about that.

Lower the prices and make the app work properly and I'd get the service again.
Will never happen...FCA knows when they have a cash cow and those radios are what helps sell their vehicles.

Further proof can be found with GMs Onstar...no price breaks there either even though it is an inferior system to the the 8.4 or 12 UConnect.

Then again, I never thought I’d see Sirius drop their annual fee to $60 but I didn’t renew it either as both Uconnect and Sirius are useless. A novelty but useless...

Last edited:

834k3r

Reaction score
I haven’t even turned guardian on even though it’s free for a year
Me neither. The sales rep told me about the free trial and that if I hadn't accessed it in a month his sales manager would harp on him to get me to activate it. That set off warning lights in my head, so I haven't activated it and don't plan to.

Plus, if I don't use the free trial I can't miss features I haven't used.

IceStormz

Reaction score
My free subscription expired in February and I'd like to get it again if the price was lower and starting via app worked properly.

This past winter my truck was parked outside for 6 weeks and I wanted to start it after two weeks, then again after four, but it didn't start.
My battery is now weaker, it sounds sluggish when I use the fob to start it.

I hope that many are not renewing and that gives FCA an idea that some aren't happy and that they should do something about that.

Lower the prices and make the app work properly and I'd get the service again.
If you're having battery issues, go to the dealer. It'll take around 3 hours to test the battery and to swap it. I'm on my 3rd battery due to sluggish battery performance. Both died overnight during an update bricking both the Uconnect software and writing off the battery. Even when it was boosted, it couldn't hold a charge anymore. Would sit around 10.9V or 11.2 volts at max. I'm probably going to sell mine by the end of this summer (19 Ram 1500 limited) and will take a big loss on it. But it's my primary method of transportation and if it isn't reliable, I'll lose potential clients. I'm going back to Toyota with their Tundra. Same engine, more reliable yet less cosy. I'll miss mine.

Users who are viewing this thread