5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of you have renewed Uconnect?

Renew or let it lapse

• Total voters

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here as mine expires next month.. I won't renew.. About the only thing I may miss is the ability to Remote Start via app, but with COVID I don't go in the office anymore so no need to spend the $$ for this feature
I canceled my Guardian when the trial expired.

Just bought my wife a new Ford Ranger. Hers is called "Ford Pass" and it's for the life of the truck.

And SiriusXM wants $15/mo for this when Ford gives it to you for free...forever? I'm surprised at the disparity between manufacturers for what many consumers expect as technology standards when they buy a vehicle.

Bearman95

Reaction score
Uconnect in my Laramie 2020 4 x 4 never worked from day one, neither did my 2018 jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Waste of money, waste of money! And no one would accept the blame for it not working. Two different experiences same results!

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I canceled my Guardian when the trial expired.

Just bought my wife a new Ford Ranger. Hers is called "Ford Pass" and it's for the life of the truck.

And SiriusXM wants $15/mo for this when Ford gives it to you for free...forever? I'm surprised at the disparity between manufacturers for what many consumers expect as technology standards when they buy a vehicle.
I have a 2018 Ford F150 and when I purchased it the app was only included free of charge for 5 years

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just let mine lapse at the year mark (Oct 26.) Not worth the $$$.
I did keep the Sirius XM however as I do listen to the channels a lot.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Ford F150 and when I purchased it the app was only included free of charge for 5 years
I'll have to call and find out on that one. The dealership told my wife that it was for the life of the truck. Wouldn't be the first time a dealership put out misinformation (intentionally or not).

I don't think she'll ever use it anyway.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to call and find out on that one. The dealership told my wife that it was for the life of the truck. Wouldn't be the first time a dealership put out misinformation (intentionally or not).

I don't think she'll ever use it anyway.

I think they changed to free for life last year.

reb0957

Reaction score
I've had Siriusxm forever and always negotiate the renewal. As for Uconnect I've found that they don't negotiated but every once in a blue moon offer a year for $79. When I travel in the winter I love the remote start to warm up the truck while I'm walking through an airport and that makes renewal worth it for me as well as the ability to lock the doors when I have a panic attack on a different coast.
Right now you get 25% off a year of SiriusXM Guardian if you have an active SiriusXM radio subscription in the truck.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Mention “ SAVE50 “ and you’ll get 50% off. Still not worth it in my opinion. Reliability and still no health report for the 12 “ screen after 2 1/2 years. Complete BS !!!

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
I researched it when I got the truck, found out I had to pay annually for it, then I never set it up to remote start. I love the remote start feature, but that is all I want.
I also never use XM, I'm a Spotify guy!

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Black Friday deal offered 50 percent off. Was tempted but passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
No, only different is if you remote start using DroneMobile/Compustar, you will need to hit break pedal 1 for the the car take over vs factory will need to press push to start button.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Now, if only I could find such a started that doesn't require a monthly subscription to start from a phone

Apatrol

Reaction score
In October 2020 I got a six-month for 60 bucks deal. Called today to cancel the auto-renewal and she gave me two months free before renewal. So I will call in June to cancel. The trick is having a calendar reminder to call. For 10 bucks a month it is worth it for me just for the GPS recovery and remote start is cool.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In October 2020 I got a six-month for 60 bucks deal. Called today to cancel the auto-renewal and she gave me two months free before renewal. So I will call in June to cancel. The trick is having a calendar reminder to call. For 10 bucks a month it is worth it for me just for the GPS recovery and remote start is cool.
That's a good but are you talking about Sirius radio or Sirius Guardian?

Users who are viewing this thread