5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

mdw3998

Reaction score
Yes, thanks - tried that. I believe Jason was referring to noise cancellation, not ATMMs.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unplug the ATMM's themselves (red arrow) View attachment 31255 . There is one located on each frame rail under the truck about the middle of the front doors. A few people have already tried this, it did not solve their vibration problem.

Thanks for the illustration about the vibrations some are having. I was referring to the noise cancellation system disconnect which produces a hum at times turning off hearing Aids.

Brain h

Reaction score
Has anyone tried replacing the rear shocks?
I've read in other threads that the shocks aren't strong enough to handle the bigger wheels and the weight of the truck when its lowered to normal and or econ...just wondering

Overlander

Reaction score
I've read in other threads that the shocks aren't strong enough to handle the bigger wheels and the weight of the truck when its lowered to normal and or econ...just wondering

I'm curious about the exact same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, thanks - tried that. I believe Jason was referring to noise cancellation, not ATMMs.
Thanks for the illustration about the vibrations some are having. I was referring to the noise cancellation system disconnect which produces a hum at times turning off hearing Aids.
In that case you have to unpin these 4 wires from the connector that plugs into the amp under the drivers seat. The pic is specific to an Alpine system. Each system is unique base versus alpine versus HK. These 4 wires come from the ANC microphones located in the headliner and are the + connections. You cannot disconnect them at the microphone itself, has to be done at the amp/ANC module plastic connector.

20181126_104053.jpg

mdw3998

Reaction score
I replaced the original 275/55 R20 Nexans with 285/75 R20 KO2s. Oddly that's when
There is a flash update for the loud hum/droning noise from the noise cancellation system.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In that case you have to unpin these 4 wires from the connector that plugs into the amp under the drivers seat. The pic is specific to an Alpine system. Each system is unique base versus alpine versus HK. These 4 wires come from the ANC microphones located in the headliner and are the + connections. You cannot disconnect them at the microphone itself, has to be done at the amp/ANC module plastic connector.

View attachment 31583
Thank you so much!

Brain h

Reaction score
Please post results. I think there are a lot of us interested in that one.
I'm in the lemon law process for the same issue..two dealers nine visits..new tires, multiple rfbs..December 18 build date, 22 inch wheels 3 92 gears..started with Goodyear then onto michelins..no improvement

mdw3998

Reaction score
I'm in the lemon law process for the same issue..two dealers nine visits..new tires, multiple rfbs..December 18 build date, 22 inch wheels 3 92 gears..started with Goodyear then onto michelins..no improvement
I wish you well. This is really frustrating. Are you using a lawyer?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I am..just settled today, cash and keep...doesn't make sense to me but I'm ok with it.
Does this show up anywhere on a carfax or anything, or could you then take your car to someplace like carmax and try to sell it?

Brain h

Reaction score
Does this show up anywhere on a carfax or anything, or could you then take your car to someplace like carmax and try to sell it?
Not as far as I know..my plan is to trade it as soon as its all finalized ...it only shows up when it is legally classified as a lemon.

airgas1998

Reaction score
wait you get x amount of cash plus keep the pos anyway..whoa fca doing this or your state lemon law procedure?

Brain h

Reaction score
All fca... I'm not gonna give a dollar amount but it's more than 7g's...all because of one 600 dollar wheel...which makes me even more cautious of the vehicle. I hate it too because I absolutely love everything about the truck itself.
wait you get x amount of cash plus keep the pos anyway..whoa fca doing this or your state lemon law procedure?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All fca... I'm not gonna give a dollar amount but it's more than 7g's...all because of one 600 dollar wheel...which makes me even more cautious of the vehicle. I hate it too because I absolutely love everything about the truck itself.
The fact they are going to pay out over 7K leads me to believe its not the wheel that's causing the issue and Ram knows or has a suspicion of what the issue is and it costs more than 7k to repair.

Users who are viewing this thread