5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Baile730

Reaction score
Funny you mention this, I have thought that it feels like torque converter shutter too but I dismissed that internally simply because it is a new truck. I had a converter fail on an old Grand Cherokee and it felt very similar. Maybe this is something...
Definitely feels transmission related to me. Already ruled out the rims and tires.

U

User_3336

Its not the tires folks, I been saying that all along. its something drive line related, even possibly in the transmission that is causing this annoying vibration.... Live with it or trade it.

Baile730

Reaction score
Its not the tires folks, I been saying that all along. its something drive line related, even possibly in the transmission that is causing this annoying vibration.... Live with it or trade it.
Yep, not even gonna bother bringing mine to any dealer until FCA knows what the exact issue is. If anyone ever get's a dealer to properly diagnose and fix this issue, please post the details.

Fidomac

Reaction score
I feel like I may be getting a slight vibration between the speeds of 57-63 mph. It’s not mds related because I have used the gear selector to turn it off. Anyone else experiencing this? I can mainly feel it in the floor.
Consider having a road force balance done....fixed my vibration

mdw3998

Reaction score
Has anyone else who is experiencing this contacted their dealers service dept? I’m still waiting to hear back from the service dept where mine was purchased. They were supposed to bring in the owner of the dealerships demo that is having the same issue to see if they could verify the cab bushings as they were told. Was just curious if anyone else has had any luck with their dealer.
It's not the cab bushings. Mine were replaced (they are defective per a TSB) and I still have vibration

mdw3998

Reaction score
I too had vibration just slightly at 59 to 65 Mph. I noticed it about 2000 miles or so. Since its got colder here in S Ohio its not near as bad but still there. All four tires has red dot lined up with valve stems.Dealer tells me the tires need forced balanced. I had the problem with a new 2011 Ram and changed the Goodyear tires to Michelin and problem went away for ever. Had the same issue with a new 2014 Ram and changed over to Michelin problem went away.

IMO if cab mounts are the culprit it would not take 2000 miles to notice it and it would be at any speeds over 50 MPH. Instinct and past experience with new Ram tires indicates IMO tires are junk! Waiting on a suspension module to come in and will let dealer force balance when it goes back in. Will update what happens here afterwards. In the mean time I will price 4 new real tires for it.
It's not cab mounts. While the mounts are defective per a TSB, it does not fit the vibration

mdw3998

Reaction score
I have asked in different threads for people to report a wobble gone after a lift. I dont get answers, bc i guess no oje whos lifted to new shocks or springs has had the wobble first

Me? Id just assume lift it too. I want to lift anyway. Plus, after alignment and balance, its not even real noticable anymore for me
I leveled mine with a ready lift. Still there. Put on KO2s still there.

LS3GXP

Reaction score
New to the forum and unfortunately this same issue brings me here. Are there any updates or resolution for those who have experienced this vibration?
Took my truck into the dealer this week and they said I had one tire that could not be road force balanced within Ram's specs and said it was due to a defective tire. I already had to replace one OEM Bridgestone @ 14k miles which happens to be the tire in question, so I brought it in to Discount Tire after leaving the dealer. Discount said the tire they replaced my old one with, was defective but they also noticed a slight warp to the rim and believe this may have contributed to the original tire wearing out so quickly.
Waiting on the new tire to arrive Monday to see if they can road force balance this setup. I'm hopeful this fixes my problems but with everything I've read I have some doubts. Once the tire is on and balanced I plan on addressing the warped rim with the dealer as well.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not cab mounts. While the mounts are defective per a TSB, it does not fit the vibration
Update....FCA done a buy back on my 2019 Ram for other issues....Ordered another 1500 Ram Laramie and it has zero vibration and its at just over 5000 miles.

ddharris

Reaction score
I feel what I would call " crunchy" vibrations in my steering wheel at almost all speeds. Not to annoying. It feels like I can feel suspension parts more than a tire etc.
It's not to bad really and certainly do not feel it in my seat or pedals.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't mind saying, what was it that finally pushed this into a buy back?
I had multiple issues, main issue was with the AS. They were very professional at dealership and worked very hard to resolve but could not. FCA worked very hard to resolve as well and finally did with exchange. All is well and good now no issues what so ever.

Fitz

Reaction score
Nope. Mine were done. Still vibrates
I’ve been chasing this vibration (1700-2100 RPM and roughly 60 mph) since December. I’ve made five trips to the dealership with no resolution.

I recently started paying attention to my motor mounts and it appears both are leaking fluid. See attached pictures. I don’t have a lift so the pictures are difficult to take and you need to zoom in to view mounts. Only the passenger side motor mount seems to be actively leaking a few drops on the garage floor. I’ve looked around and everything else looks dry.

Can someone confirm that our mounts contain fluid? It makes good sense to me that defective motor mounts may cause the RPM-related vibration. Could they also cause the roughly 60 mph vibration?

I have less than 5k miles on my Big Horn.

Attachments

• B2F2FAA0-1558-482D-A744-A6DD1256D9BA.jpeg
    B2F2FAA0-1558-482D-A744-A6DD1256D9BA.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 555D49FA-2BF4-4608-B19F-404CF0D09E13.jpeg
    555D49FA-2BF4-4608-B19F-404CF0D09E13.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 04AAD7F7-7564-4F96-AC37-5ED8F577082A.jpeg
    04AAD7F7-7564-4F96-AC37-5ED8F577082A.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 50

Fitz

Reaction score
I’ve been chasing this vibration (1700-2100 RPM and roughly 60 mph) since December. I’ve made five trips to the dealership with no resolution.

I recently started paying attention to my motor mounts and it appears both are leaking fluid. See attached pictures. I don’t have a lift so the pictures are difficult to take and you need to zoom in to view mounts. Only the passenger side motor mount seems to be actively leaking a few drops on the garage floor. I’ve looked around and everything else looks dry.

Can someone confirm that our mounts contain fluid? It makes good sense to me that defective motor mounts may cause the RPM-related vibration. Could they also cause the roughly 60 mph vibration?

I have less than 5k miles on my Big Horn.
I took a couple more pictures to better show the motor mounts (2 of each mount where the fluid is). I apologize for all of the pictures, but I figured I’d get better feedback with better images. I’m hoping I’m on to something here and not just a rookie wasting everyone’s time.

Attachments

• E18287E7-29D2-443F-8C1F-C4FE34A9DD52.jpeg
    E18287E7-29D2-443F-8C1F-C4FE34A9DD52.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 46
  • AD9D7B13-FA00-41F0-AD38-291A90ED6A3D.jpeg
    AD9D7B13-FA00-41F0-AD38-291A90ED6A3D.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 44
  • F1C4EB08-7D86-4936-820F-B4B1754FCD76.jpeg
    F1C4EB08-7D86-4936-820F-B4B1754FCD76.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 3D7C0BBE-F249-4BF4-B650-A8FBB5682B46.jpeg
    3D7C0BBE-F249-4BF4-B650-A8FBB5682B46.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 47

Conman

Reaction score
Hello, finally got the truck back after unrelated electrical issues(5+ weeks in a loaner Classic), Dealer had the tires replaced with brand new Bridgestones. They stated the tires were flat spotted. 3/18 build date so the truck was sitting for a long time. After 1,000 miles on the new tires, the flat spot feeling is gone, but still has a vibration/wobble. I rented on a business trip a 2019 but on 18" wheels and had way less vibrations. That had a 12/18 build date. I suspect the heavier 20s and the way the suspension is designed amplifies the road vibrations into the cab. I've heard that trucks build after 7/18 had a cab/cab mounts redesign for better crash ratings. I'm wondering if that helped with vibrations too. I have a new electrical problem, so may just need to start a buy back process and see if the later builds resolves this issue.

Regards,
Con

Hello, new owner two weeks in. Adding myself to the list with the vibration. Noticed on day 2 of ownership. Mine appears to be very slight compared to the folks on this thread; still noticeable. I have around 1,000 miles so still waiting for the truck to break-in before the first service. The abnormal vibration seems to happen around 55mph but not very noticeable at 70mph. Changing gears and tow/haul mode(to disable MDS) did not seem to affect the vibration. My truck was sitting on the lot, so I was thinking it was the tires flat spotted. But after reading this thread, that might be part, but not the whole issue..... I don't have a lot of miles, so still have some time to see how bad the vibration gets before the first service. Steering wheel is off-center so my alignment may be off as well as others have noted in this thread.
As noted on this thread, someone suggested rear suspension as a point of interest. I'm wondering if it's a harmonics like issue that Ford SuperDuty's and Dodge 2500s too with coil front axles. The "D" Wobble some refer too. Not related to the 2019 Ram, but what I'm talking about: https://kevinsoffroad.com/blogs/kev...nowledge/death-wobble-how-to-fix-death-wobble This might be why it's hard to pinpoint.

Regards,
Con

Stillen

Reaction score
It’s the tires not the truck!

Hey everyone I have a ram limited with 22” and same vibration...console, door, and accelerator. I have had this for little while and I decided to do some more detail work. Had discount tire do one tire at a time and then rotate front to back and all this and so forth with about 10 trips there to do one thing at a time so they don’t screw up something all ready good. So in short all balancing and road force and swapping 2 tires as soon as I moved only left driver front to left driver rear the vibration in console, door, and accelerator dramatically reduced. The concole and door not longer vibrate at all but the accelerator does. So that would mean the driver front that was moved to the rear is and was the culprit.

I am at discount now doing the rear driver rebalance and see if at that high speed it stops. If it doesn’t then I’m going to right side and rotate front to back. Also please note that when at high speed you break and your steering wheel shakes that is also a clue to the front. If your steering wheel doesn’t shake when you brake from high speed but your butt or rear does then go to back. Do a test then do rotation without rebalance and see if that shake moves.

Ram claims that all wheels is on independent suspension so each side has its own movement up and down and all the stuff you guys are feeling is most likely the wheel right under the driver side.

Let me know your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online