5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siriusxm renewal

U

User_3336

I threw mine away. I only have the 3 extra months for $2 sitting on the table. Guess $5 for 12 months equals 60! :)

Grouper

Reaction score
...Your $5/month offer is "normally" $16.99/month. Nothing personal but you basically you scoffed at their 70% discount offer.

Your truck came with a trial of Plantinum/All-Access which has live sporting events, Howard Stern, and a few more app channels than the standard package.

I didn't scoff at anything. I chose not to spend money on something I almost never used while it was "free."

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Just did my renewal. Had a $60/year subscription, my renewal was due next week at $20/month. Got them on the chat, told them I would like to cancel, but wanted them to check if the $60 sub was still available (and if so i would stay). Took them about 30 seconds to confirm the offer was still available, have renewed for another year for $60. Can't beat it really, less than what I pay for Spotify a month.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the latest from Sirius…Platinum is now $3.25 per month more than the standard plan.

Attachments

• 0517BEFB-E9AF-4DD5-822A-0A21654F5DC3.png
    0517BEFB-E9AF-4DD5-822A-0A21654F5DC3.png
    309.5 KB · Views: 62

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't scoff at anything. I chose not to spend money on something I almost never used while it was "free."
I definitely get that.

I dropped Guardian at the end of the trial as I only used it twice as a novelty. No matter what the price, anything more than free wasn't cost-effective for me.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm that SiriusXM is offering the $60 for 12 months with a free upgrade to Platinum.
Weird. I called them today and asked for this deal and they said since I already had that deal (and free Echo dot) that I was not eligible for this deal.

NoExpert

Reaction score
I swore off XM radio service years ago after dealing with their terrible customer service and shady billing practices.

When I bought my new Rebel, I gave Sirius-XM another chance and bought a year of their "ultra-premium" service for the guardian features and use of the app. Then I found out the hard way those greedy bastards don't include satellite radio as part of their "ultra premium" service with a premium price tag to go along with it. Of course they're glad to charge me an additional $6 a month for radio programming. :mad:

I agree satellite radio's sound quality has really improved. The app seemed to crash pretty frequently during my year of service. I won't bother with satellite radio or their services ever again.

milchuck

Reaction score
Just a thought for those who primarily only listen to music on Sirius and have an Amazon Music subscription. You can just buy an Echo Auto (refurb) for $25 and set it up to play through your truck stereo. Can set it up in a few minutes, sound quality is much better and you can just tell it what to play by song or artist.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Just a thought for those who primarily only listen to music on Sirius and have an Amazon Music subscription. You can just buy an Echo Auto (refurb) for $25 and set it up to play through your truck stereo. Can set it up in a few minutes, sound quality is much better and you can just tell it what to play by song or artist.
Not a bad idea. However I like having the album cover and the song info on my screen while I listen.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My subscription ends on April 1st, and I have called three times this month and each time the best rate for the Platinum package is $130. I guess I will let it lapse and check back in a few weeks to see if they sweeten the deal.

U

User_3336

My subscription ends on April 1st, and I have called three times this month and each time the best rate for the Platinum package is $130. I guess I will let it lapse and check back in a few weeks to see if they sweeten the deal.
You will eventually get a year for $60 deal in the mail. It has to expire usually.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The downfall of going past the expiration date is that there will be an activation fee (approximately $35) added to the new subscription.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My son's Colorado trial just ended and he's getting this offer.

OFFER DETAILS: Activate a Music & Entertainment subscription plan and pay $4.99/month for your first 12 months, plus get free activation (an additional $15 value). Fees and taxes apply. A credit card is required on this offer. Service will automatically renew thereafter every month and you will be charged at then-current rates (currently, $17.99/month).​

Mine expired last year but then I renewed in January when they offered SiriusXM Platinum for 12 months at $5.99/month. The only other fees were taxes ($0.97) and the "U.S. Music Royalty Fee" of $1.28. No activation fees.

Saints

Reaction score
I’m shocked. They actually let me cancel and wouldn’t offer the deal they have on the front page of their website for $60 with upgrade to platinum so that’s it. I’ll do without for awhile and see if I miss it, if not then more money in my pocket.

U

User_3336

I’m shocked. They actually let me cancel and wouldn’t offer the deal they have on the front page of their website for $60 with upgrade to platinum so that’s it. I’ll do without for awhile and see if I miss it, if not then more money in my pocket.
you just spoke to the wrong agent......

Users who are viewing this thread