5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side Mirrors, Fob Control Possible?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had one from the first group buy for my 2019. The ONLY thing I used it for was the mirrors. Yea, the other features it will perform are "cool", but I had no real intent in doing anything more. I had it for a while and then sold it to another forum member. It just wasn't worth the expense to me, but I can see why many like it. It should just be a programming option in the radio to auto fold the mirrors when the IGN is shut off...stupid on RAMs part or maybe just an oversight.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has been able to achieve this, can the side mirrors be programmed to fold when pressing the lock button on the fob and unfold when pressing the unlock button?
The functionality is there as we have the ability to fold them from inside the truck, I don’t understand why the key fob functionality is not there in the first place.
This is exactly how the auto fold feature works on a grand Cherokee. I tried getting the feature to work with AlfaOBD by using that setting from the grand Cherokee BCM settings list, but no go. We determined it’s a limitation of the RAM BCM and door modules firmware. I did end up getting it to work by manually configuring a grand Cherokee BCM, and swapping it into my Ram, along with grand Cherokee door modules. Ultimately, I did away with that setup because I needed to use Ram HD door modules to retain function of the power convex mirrors.
One thing I can’t wrap my head around, though, is everyone falling all over the tazer for the auto fold function when the vehicle is turned on and off. The power fold mirrors are always hot, so I don’t see the benefit of using a device to do something that I can do when I open the door to exit/enter the vehicle, seeing as the button is right there by the interior door handle.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is exactly how the auto fold feature works on a grand Cherokee. I tried getting the feature to work with AlfaOBD by using that setting from the grand Cherokee BCM settings list, but no go. We determined it’s a limitation of the RAM BCM and door modules firmware. I did end up getting it to work by manually configuring a grand Cherokee BCM, and swapping it into my Ram, along with grand Cherokee door modules. Ultimately, I did away with that setup because I needed to use Ram HD door modules to retain function of the power convex mirrors.
One thing I can’t wrap my head around, though, is everyone falling all over the tazer for the auto fold function when the vehicle is turned on and off. The power fold mirrors are always hot, so I don’t see the benefit of using a device to do something that I can do when I open the door to exit/enter the vehicle, seeing as the button is right there by the interior door handle.
I have grown accustomed to hitting the mirror fold button on entering and exiting and do it probably 99% of the time. It is that 1% that I forget to fold the mirror on exiting and then fold it in on entering that gets me. I think with time it will approach 100% but like pi never get there.
https://www.piday.org/million/
Life is relative, still remember the kid asking "what is that", it was the crank for a roll up window. Can you still get one of those?

BNeal

Reaction score
Yea, but with the tazer you can make your lights flash and do all kinds of crazy things, so... ;-)

shauste

Reaction score
I just placed an order. I think I will like the mirror fold feature and the camera on when the turn signals are operated. I rode in a Honda that had that feature and I liked it. Bottom line, people spend money based on what they want. The lightshow, I will never use.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tazer DT
Press unlock button 5 times - front windows down
Press lock button 5 times - windows up

Users who are viewing this thread