5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm sure when gas vehicles came out in the 1900's folks with horses had very similar questions...about lack of gas stations (back then...there was no infrastructure) , transporting gas safely, and range of the model t...with dirt hyways and places to stop.

Only thing I can say is that it's not for everybody just yet and over time it will get better. You are only looking at what is available right now.

It seems like just yesterday the tesla came out with the model S (in 2015) very little infrastructure was available here in the north east. Today, fast chargers are all over the north east. Tomorrow, not only are more charger are popping up in areas that don't have them, and now battery range is increasing.

Over time, it will get better. Remember the ford pinto and exploring gas tanks? They didn't give up on gas cars, they just redesigned it to make it better and safer.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Actually, you could have bought an electric car (read about Baker Electric) between 1899-1914. Thomas Edison even designed some of their batteries. I guess they were ahead of their time by a century or so...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, you could have bought an electric car (read about Baker Electric) between 1899-1914. Thomas Edison even designed some of their batteries. I guess they were ahead of their time by a century or so...
You can thank Mr. Rockefeller for convincing Mr. Ford to use his waste product from the kerosene production process. They would just pour gasoline out on the ground in those days, thinking it useless.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
greedy lol, just gave you $7500 and remove any bs restrictions, but fine $12k total and we are not gonna check on anything - so feel free to do it yourself, pay a friend, buy amazon, Chinese, etc
I don’t think it’s greedy. Gotta make it worth it!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can thank Mr. Rockefeller for convincing Mr. Ford to use his waste product from the kerosene production process. They would just pour gasoline out on the ground in those days, thinking it useless.
Or burn it off. Yeah, what to do with the alkanes(?)

GMetal

Reaction score
They probably figured it came from the ground why not just pour it back.

Ramitinhard

Reaction score
Yikes....and it's 4 times more expensive than gas. No thank you

I want to reduce the amount of money I spend at the pump. Charging time doesn't matter to me when all i have to do is plug in when i get home.

I get that you hate electric cars...but I'm tired of spending $80-$100 at the pump. If I went the hydrogen route....that can be up to $400 each trip.

Lastly I love how all of a sudden anti electric folks all of a sudden care about the environment and want to go hydrogen when they have to spend 4x more.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
You can't assume I'm anti-electric. Hell I make a great living installing the infrastructure to power charging stations for EVs as a Master Electrician.
Just stating the facts regarding Hydrogen.......its coming and some people have no clue.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can't assume I'm anti-electric. Hell I make a great living installing the infrastructure to power charging stations for EVs as a Master Electrician.
Just stating the facts regarding Hydrogen.......its coming and some people have no clue.
I've seen leaked info about Dodge making a hydrogen powered V8 for the SRT line up. Was supposed to blow current power numbers away

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope you guys hurry and get this solved. I'm seriously considering selling my Rebel for a Model S. The wife's old F150 will do everything I need a truck for...

🤔

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hope you guys hurry and get this solved. I'm seriously considering selling my Rebel for a Model S. The wife's old F150 will do everything I need a truck for...

🤔

A lot of good prices on Tesla cars right now.

You can get a Model 3 RWD really cheap right now, cheaper than a well-equipped Toyota Corolla if you include the $7,500 tax break and $2,000 state credit (assuming your state does it).

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on one, out the door for around 30K. The resale even with a refreshed model on the horizon should still be strong in a couple of years should you change your mind at these discounts and tax breaks.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of good prices on Tesla cars right now.

You can get a Model 3 RWD really cheap right now, cheaper than a well-equipped Toyota Corolla if you include the $7,500 tax break and $2,000 state credit (assuming your state does it).

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on one, out the door for around 30K. The resale even with a refreshed model on the horizon should still be strong in a couple of years should you change your mind at these discounts and tax breaks.
Yes. My sister-in-law and her daughter are both buying 3's right now. There are several 3' and Y's in the family, plus one S and one X. I had my sister's 3 for several months. Power, etc were great. The rest of the car didn't impress me much. It was like driving a Civic with bad ergonomics. The S is the only Tesla I want.

Just can't decide if I'm willing to give up the Rebel.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yes. My sister-in-law and her daughter are both buying 3's right now. There are several 3' and Y's in the family, plus one S and one X. I had my sister's 3 for several months. Power, etc were great. The rest of the car didn't impress me much. It was like driving a Civic with bad ergonomics. The S is the only Tesla I want.

Just can't decide if I'm willing to give up the Rebel.

Yeah tough choice for sure. The S was refreshed a couple of years ago, pretty timeless now in regards to Tesla designs. Two bad you can't keep both, kinda a great ying and yang garage.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it is, especially considering the deals on 3's. The 3 is still a great car, I just know I'd always wish I'd got the S.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it is, especially considering the deals on 3's. The 3 is still a great car, I just know I'd always wish I'd got the S.
I haven't been on an S, only 3's and can't argue against the deals on them right now but the car is just 4 wheels and a tablet.
it is missing a ton of character for my taste but I am sure a lot of people like the minimalist in them - I find the polestar 2 more appealing

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I haven't been on an S, only 3's and can't argue against the deals on them right now but the car is just 4 wheels and a tablet.
it is missing a ton of character for my taste but I am sure a lot of people like the minimalist in them - I find the polestar 2 more appealing

I agree, the 3 would simply be a box for A-B driving. But for that, I think its excellent for the price point. I have to think, that or a Corolla, I would go for the Model 3, and I'm a guy who actually likes the current Corolla.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm... hadn't looked at the Polestar. Not bad.

Your assessment of the Model 3 is pretty accurate. My wife said she wouldn't drive it if I bought one, which is part of the draw. She gets free charging at work, and I work from home.

Considering the interior "updates", I'm leaning more towards a used S, '17-'20.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm... hadn't looked at the Polestar. Not bad.

Your assessment of the Model 3 is pretty accurate. My wife said she wouldn't drive it if I bought one, which is part of the draw. She gets free charging at work, and I work from home.

Considering the interior "updates", I'm leaning more towards a used S, '17-'20.
prices on a S model aren't too bad but I don't know man, the set up you have on your rebel is pretty sweet. I say you get rid of the f150 and share the rebel with your wife

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
prices on a S model aren't too bad but I don't know man, the set up you have on your rebel is pretty sweet. I say you get rid of the f150 and share the rebel with your wife
And that's where I am... 😄

We were planning on selling the F150 anyway. She never drives it, but it will pull our camper, and I use it for yard cleanup, etc...

She has a JKU for a daily that she's been itching to get the RTT on, and we have the '06 Malibu my mother gave me when she quit driving. It gets around downtown, is easy to park and I don't get so nervous about door dings. It also gets around 30mpg.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And that's where I am... 😄

We were planning on selling the F150 anyway. She never drives it, but it will pull our camper, and I use it for yard cleanup, etc...

She has a JKU for a daily that she's been itching to get the RTT on, and we have the '06 Malibu my mother gave me when she quit driving. It gets around downtown, is easy to park and I don't get so nervous about door dings. It also gets around 30mpg.
I'll say whenever you get your EV, you'll have a vehicle for any need

Users who are viewing this thread