5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't been on an S, only 3's and can't argue against the deals on them right now but the car is just 4 wheels and a tablet.
it is missing a ton of character for my taste but I am sure a lot of people like the minimalist in them - I find the polestar 2 more appealing
I actually saw a Polestar 2 today. It's at the local Mazda dealer with a Model S, several 3's and two Kia EV6's. The Polestar was a little smaller than I was expecting, but styling wasn't bad. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda liked the Kias.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually saw a Polestar 2 today. It's at the local Mazda dealer with a Model S, several 3's and two Kia EV6's. The Polestar was a little smaller than I was expecting, but styling wasn't bad. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda liked the Kias.
kias over the years have improve their style and interior a lot. But they also are very vulnerable to theft
As far as performance and longevity I have to experience with them but I think atleast I believe they give a 10 year warranty
I think the EV6 is comparable to the Subaru Solterra and the toyota version of it

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda liked the Kias.

I had a quick look at the website because I'm sometimes curious. Overall doesn't look too bad. I don't suppose you can get a real speedometer on anything new these days. Steering wheel loaded with buttons and .. um .. they didn't put speakers in the seat backs did they? Sigh!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I still have a 2013 optima and it's great. the new ones are even nicer (obviously).

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still have a 2013 optima and it's great. the new ones are even nicer (obviously).
think that's around the time their style show improvements - still remember Blake griffin jumping over one of them at an all start dunk contest -
the optima is a good one but just went out of curiosity as well to their website and don't see it on the line up anymore - maybe got replaced by the stinger

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
think that's around the time their style show improvements - still remember Blake griffin jumping over one of them at an all start dunk contest -
the optima is a good one but just went out of curiosity as well to their website and don't see it on the line up anymore - maybe got replaced by the stinger
Yup thats the body style! They changed the name from optima to k5 for this current model. Id rather the stinger tho!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if its allow to post this link - if not moderator please delete

just saw this on the chevy ev wt (would it stand for work truck, seems that way) - way too expensive @$78k starting - looks like a based model - front end is not too bad looking but it feels too car like to me and kind of similar to their blazer - interior feels very tesla to me

I am certain Ram will align their costing along with the others - so EV trucks would be out of my price range for a while

would anybody pay that kind of money for a tradesman with a tablet and several bed power outlets

GMetal

Reaction score
Not sure if its allow to post this link - if not moderator please delete

just saw this on the chevy ev wt (would it stand for work truck, seems that way) - way too expensive @$78k starting - looks like a based model - front end is not too bad looking but it feels too car like to me and kind of similar to their blazer - interior feels very tesla to me

I am certain Ram will align their costing along with the others - so EV trucks would be out of my price range for a while

would anybody pay that kind of money for a tradesman with a tablet and several bed power outlets

Government will buy that up on our dime.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't been on an S, only 3's and can't argue against the deals on them right now but the car is just 4 wheels and a tablet.
it is missing a ton of character for my taste but I am sure a lot of people like the minimalist in them - I find the polestar 2 more appealing
That's my "problem" with the way most EVs are. I prefer the ****pit look, with gauges, buttons, dials, etc... I don't want one big screen for everything, even if it means easier repairs and upgrades. But, I'm now out of the 18-49 demographic, so I'll have to just stick with my current vehicle as long as I can. Oh, and I also prefer to drive versus being driven.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's my "problem" with the way most EVs are. I prefer the ****pit look, with gauges, buttons, dials, etc... I don't want one big screen for everything, even if it means easier repairs and upgrades. But, I'm now out of the 18-49 demographic, so I'll have to just stick with my current vehicle as long as I can. Oh, and I also prefer to drive versus being driven.
You do know all modern aircraft are going to full digital ****pits as well. When I was working at Duncan Aviation 5-6 years ago, that was one of the new retrofits we were doing to private jets. And the military is going the same way

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
You think losing the gauges on the interstate is scary, Imagine the feeling when all the lights go out at 50K feet!

Ref pic: Gulfstream G650
Gulfstream G650 ****pit.jpg

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The really scary thing is all that fancy stuff runs on embedded software. As a person who tests embedded software for a living, I know how often I find bugs in that code. And I also know I'm only finding a percentage of the bugs that are actually there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stellantis is still building ICE Rams. The Rev RAM is a different platform.
Understood. The point was that buyers are using their purchasing power because they don't like the decisions made by companies. Stellantis may experience something similar with the halting of the Hemi and the introduction of EVs. There's a reason govts want to push the EV transition as quickly as possible. They need to get it past the point of no return before customers figure out they can vote with their purchases.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Understood. The point was that buyers are using their purchasing power because they don't like the decisions made by companies. Stellantis may experience something similar with the halting of the Hemi and the introduction of EVs. There's a reason govts want to push the EV transition as quickly as possible. They need to get it past the point of no return before customers figure out they can vote with their purchases.
I think they're going to figure that out with the Charger and Challenger first.

Arek

Reaction score
Several states and nations have announced plans to ban new ICE vehicles by 2030 or 2035. I’m skeptical they’ll be able to stick with these plans, but there absolutely is force feeding going on.
Agree, Poland, Germany and Hungary bailed out from their mandatory plans to switching to electric by 2030-35 as not realistic, technology is not there yet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ITS NOTHING BUT BEING FORCE FED AND WE ALL KNOW IT!! If you don't thing so try ordering a new Hellcat see how far you get! Force fed right out of the Mkt.! Biden and stumbling fool that he is!
I can order a TRX, how bout them apples?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online