5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Throttle Control Warning

vegaskeith

Reaction score
Jesus. Let us know what the dealer says. That's no peace of mind by any means.
Perhaps RAM Care can respond to this. Towing in heat and losing power is a serious safety issue. Perhaps a weak sensor or a limit set too low?

jwrincker

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 5.7 HEMI
  1. First started noticing issues around 1300 miles. The hands-free phone and the radio. Pushed the hang-up button on the steering wheel after a call, the radio wouldn't return to playing sound. I had to power it off and back on.
  2. Then the check engine light came on just under 1400 miles after towing a small trailer with ATV. Took it to dealership to scan for a code, and it came back with #2 cylinder misfire. Made an appointment to bring back a few days later.
  3. Two days later with the check engine light still on, the screen went blank and gave a horrible sound after putting truck into reverse.
  4. Then around 1450 miles the check engine light went off so I cancelled my appt with dealership and truck has been running fine.
  5. Last few hundred miles or so the Apple Car Play would connect to my phone over Bluetooth rather than thru the USB connection.
  6. At 1920 miles I experienced the "service electronic throttle control" and "rear park sense temporarily unavailable" errors. Only mine died on me while driving down the road. Truck would not start. Had to have it towed to dealership.

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 23

sand2snow

Reaction score
2021 1500 limited, 35k miles Had this pop up today, throttle, no camera no rear sensors. Pulled F53 by drivers knees while engine on. Cycle off and on and everything working again. Have dealer appt cause I think passenger exhaust manifold cracked, ticking and exhaust smell. My biz partner 2020 had to replace 1 of his. Also Auto start stop indicator not working but start stop is. Anybody know anything about these two? Plus, left turn doesn’t auto shut off sometimes…Ugh

m.hamner

Reaction score
  1. First started noticing issues around 1300 miles. The hands-free phone and the radio. Pushed the hang-up button on the steering wheel after a call, the radio wouldn't return to playing sound. I had to power it off and back on.
  2. Then the check engine light came on just under 1400 miles after towing a small trailer with ATV. Took it to dealership to scan for a code, and it came back with #2 cylinder misfire. Made an appointment to bring back a few days later.
  3. Two days later with the check engine light still on, the screen went blank and gave a horrible sound after putting truck into reverse.
  4. Then around 1450 miles the check engine light went off so I cancelled my appt with dealership and truck has been running fine.
  5. Last few hundred miles or so the Apple Car Play would connect to my phone over Bluetooth rather than thru the USB connection.
  6. At 1920 miles I experienced the "service electronic throttle control" and "rear park sense temporarily unavailable" errors. Only mine died on me while driving down the road. Truck would not start. Had to have it towed to dealership.
What was the outcome @jwrincker ?!

m.hamner

Reaction score
2021 1500 limited, 35k miles Had this pop up today, throttle, no camera no rear sensors. Pulled F53 by drivers knees while engine on. Cycle off and on and everything working again. Have dealer appt cause I think passenger exhaust manifold cracked, ticking and exhaust smell. My biz partner 2020 had to replace 1 of his. Also Auto start stop indicator not working but start stop is. Anybody know anything about these two? Plus, left turn doesn’t auto shut off sometimes…Ugh
Oh that's a new one for me. sorry that happened! Keep us posted what happened when it's in at the dealer!

Johanalex

Reaction score
Any updates on the throttle control issue, mine did exactly the same as yours and after replacing the ECM I came 500 yard from the dealership and the truck stopped again throwing the same issue

m.hamner

Reaction score
Any updates on the throttle control issue, mine did exactly the same as yours and after replacing the ECM I came 500 yard from the dealership and the truck stopped again throwing the same issue
I had to have my MGU (motor generator unit) on my hybrid replaced. Solved the problem. Was intermittently not sending enough power.

Eminclake

Reaction score
Hope to let you know soon. About to hit 27,000 miles and it lit up on me this afternoon (steady, not flashing.) Won't clear. Dealer was closed, so left message.

Rukus7665

Reaction score
Check the wiring & connection from underneath the ECM...the harness that connects the entire fuse box can get loose &/or corroded.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
Update... back from the dealer and the error code and issues with the ETC and reverse sensors was actually tied to the trailer reverse steering module that was faulty and they needed to change out.

I have the steering control module and just got that warning? Plus no trailer brake, etc warning, no park sense and serv 4wd. Did you have all those? Did the new reverse trailer steering control module fix it?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the steering control module and just got that warning? Plus no trailer brake, etc warning, no park sense and serv 4wd. Did you have all those? Did the new reverse trailer steering control module fix it?
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

Sky9

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone ever get a good answer to these issues? I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited eTorque with 17K miles. The other day I got the Service Electronic Throttle System and Service Electronic Stability Control System. Went to the dealer, they didn't know, thought maybe low battery which tested low and then tested good. Nothing done, but symptoms gone. A couple days later it started again with the throttle warning and then the lights went out on the Push-Button start/stop and I couldn't turn my truck off. I drove around for about 10 minutes and then the lights on the start/stop came back on and I could turn off the truck. The next day my 12" display was blank, everything worked, but blank screen. All seemed okay the next day. I had the battery retested and the voltage was low and wouldn't take a charge. Replaced the battery and all was great, including the throttle hesitation these RAMs are famous for. Then two days later the throttle indication came back.

I've reseated all my fuses. The one thing environmentally that changed when all this started was high humidity and rain. (The hurricane in SoCal.) Nothing flooded or overly wet, just super humid.

Reading through numerous threads here I'm wondering if all these symptoms people are having isn't somehow related to crappy connections and connections not being weather proof. Most of the fixes seem to revolve around redoing connections, pushing on fuses and such. I do know that the computer systems in these vehicles are extremely voltage sensitive. If anyone finds a smoking gun connector or batch of connectors please post here to help us all out. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread