5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Throttle Control Warning

eviseri

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 1500 and just had this come up today at 1800 miles. Service electronic throttle control light, no rear sensors, no backup camera. Removed and reconnected fuse F53 and the issue is now gone. Hoping it doesn't return...

Murdered-hemi

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 1500 laranie and just had this come up today at 1800 miles. Service electronic throttle control light, no rear sensors, no backup camera. Second time backup camera has acted up...

Update: I did a engine off key off cycle and now it wants to act like nothing ever happened. Definitely something I will take into the dealership for just so they can tell me "problem not found" lol

Last edited:

Rukus7665

Reaction score
Im doubting coolant shorted your starter. Given its position (for the last 100 years on all cars) it'll get wet from water on the road, raining ect. I'd be concerned/curious as to why coolant sprayed everywhere and the truck was overheated as the cooling fan nor the grill shutters are needed at highway speeds.
My thought is that for some reason the engine got so hot and fried the starter from the inside?
Update: The dealership replaced the starter & intake manifold cover because it was melted... STILL not dealing with the original issue. I have been escalated to a star case, so the engineers can tear down & assess the engine... BUT still out of town so paying out of pocket for rental car & lodging. I have a lot of respect and trust for the RAM brand so, I know, in the end they'll make it right.

2021RamRebel1500

Reaction score
Same exact problem today....AFTER the software update. Service Electronic Control System, no backup camera, no rear parking sensors. So, after advice from this thread, I pulled fuse #53. It worked! Everything working properly again. I don't know if was the update or a loose fuse though. Thank you!!!

Anderluxe

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 1500 laranie and just had this come up today at 1800 miles. Service electronic throttle control light, no rear sensors, no backup camera. Second time backup camera has acted up...

Update: I did a engine off key off cycle and now it wants to act like nothing ever happened. Definitely something I will take into the dealership for just so they can tell me "problem not found" lol
How do you go through these steps? Where can I fond the process for a engine off key off cycle? Thanks brother! I will try once I figure how how to execute 💪🏻

n9ne4

Reaction score
How do you go through these steps? Where can I fond the process for a engine off key off cycle? Thanks brother! I will try once I figure how how to execute 💪🏻
Pretty sure he is just referring to hitting push to start through the cycle without putting your foot on the pedal.

rgomez36

Reaction score
I’m had the same “electronic throttle control” light come on. My check engine light came on and I figured maybe it was time for an oil change. Next day was on my way to dealer to drop it off and not even half a mile up light came on and truck shut off and said pullover and put vehicle In park. When I did, I tried to start the truck back on but it would only crank and same light came on but also ACC light came on. Tried everything I could that the Manuel said, even disconnected the battery and even contacted dealer and they said I had to bring it in. I couldn’t change it to any gear due to it being push start so I had to tow it. This was last week, haven’t gotten truck back or a full diagnosis but dealership is telling me it’s probably the timing chain. Would this cause this problem?? I would think if it were a fuse or wire that they would’ve found it by now. Will know more tomorrow.

rgomez36

Reaction score
I’m had the same “electronic throttle control” light come on. My check engine light came on and I figured maybe it was time for an oil change. Next day was on my way to dealer to drop it off and not even half a mile up light came on and truck shut off and said pullover and put vehicle In park. When I did, I tried to start the truck back on but it would only crank and same light came on but also ACC light came on. Tried everything I could that the Manuel said, even disconnected the battery and even contacted dealer and they said I had to bring it in. I couldn’t change it to any gear due to it being push start so I had to tow it. This was last week, haven’t gotten truck back or a full diagnosis but dealership is telling me it’s probably the timing chain. Would this cause this problem?? I would think if it were a fuse or wire that they would’ve found it by now. Will know more tomorrow.
This is on my 2020 ram 1500 limited

mffdvr

Reaction score
Any verdict, @rgomez36 ?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi rgomez36,
We're sorry to hear this happened. If you'd like any additional assistance alongside your dealer, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

rgomez36

Reaction score
Any verdict, @rgomez36 ?
Yes, it was a broken timing chain, messed up pistons and rods. So due to that, ram is replacing entire engine. According to them it was a “faulty” part. I just hope it doesn’t happen to someone else, especially on highway.

mffdvr

Reaction score
Yes, it was a broken timing chain, messed up pistons and rods. So due to that, ram is replacing entire engine. According to them it was a “faulty” part. I just hope it doesn’t happen to someone else, especially on highway.
Goddamn...on a 2020?! :confused: I'm sorry to hear that...what's the repair timeline??

darrellt

Reaction score
2021 5.7L BigHorn. 2048 miles on it.
All audio inputs are playing with a cut out in every few seconds.
Back up camera currently unavailable message.
Parking sensors are currently unavailable message.
And then to top that, the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message popped up.
All this within a few minutes.
Anyone else had any of these issues?
Same problem on my 2021 laramie sport w two package. It relates to the trailer steering option. Quick fix - on the interior fuse panel pull and replace #53. This resets it, and corrected ETC and other issues.

Jcasi11as

Reaction score
Having same issue with my 2021 Ram 1500 Warlock 1800 miles. Truck has been at the dealership since July 2021. Parts are on order till March of 2022. They are replacing the TCM module. I since have contacted a Lemon Law Lawyer. Still waiting till this day. :(

rgomez36

Reaction score
Goddamn...on a 2020?! :confused: I'm sorry to hear that...what's the repair timeline??
No worries, thank you. Yeah less than 7,800 miles. So it’s been in the shop over a month, luckily engine got there faster than they had said, but are now taking forever to repair. I have been calling them daily and they keep extending it another day. Now they are telling me no later than Tuesday of this week

mffdvr

Reaction score
No worries, thank you. Yeah less than 7,800 miles. So it’s been in the shop over a month, luckily engine got there faster than they had said, but are now taking forever to repair. I have been calling them daily and they keep extending it another day. Now they are telling me no later than Tuesday of this week
…and? How’d she turn out? I hope all’s well.

Rukus7665

Reaction score
Exactly what happened to me back in Aug '21. After 7 weeks the dealership found the problem (although the root cause is still unknown). After finding: crank sensor, misfiring cylinders 5 & 8, scored camshaft, lifters & rocker arms need to be replaced, & the #6 rod being warped- the top housing bolt mount on the block itself had sheered off. 💔. They ordered a new engine & it was on 3 weeks back order. The engine actually got to the dealership in 2 weeks, now waiting for her to be put back together. Going on 11 weeks & praying she'll be home soon!!

Last edited:

Fishorfly

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 1500 with 6000 miles and just had the same symptoms; Service electronic throttle control light, no rear sensors, no backup camera. Thanks to this forum, I removed and reconnected fuse F53 and the issue is now gone.
Should I still take it in for service? Does anyone know if there is a software fix that addresses this?

mffdvr

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 1500 with 6000 miles and just had the same symptoms; Service electronic throttle control light, no rear sensors, no backup camera. Thanks to this forum, I removed and reconnected fuse F53 and the issue is now gone.
Should I still take it in for service? Does anyone know if there is a software fix that addresses this?
I'd simply inform the service tech of the issue, so it's noted, when you bring it to the dealership for your next service (assuming you get oil changes/etc done at your local dealer). There will be a software update at some point to address the issue long-term, but for now, you ought to be (y) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online