5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Throttle Control Warning

drewski

Reaction score
2021 5.7L BigHorn. 2048 miles on it.
All audio inputs are playing with a cut out in every few seconds.
Back up camera currently unavailable message.
Parking sensors are currently unavailable message.
And then to top that, the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message popped up.
All this within a few minutes.
Anyone else had any of these issues?

redneck

Reaction score
omg did a rat chew something? bad ground wire? thats alot of things at once trying to think what they all have in common to all go bad at the same time

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 5.7L BigHorn. 2048 miles on it.
All audio inputs are playing with a cut out in every few seconds.
Back up camera currently unavailable message.
Parking sensors are currently unavailable message.
And then to top that, the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message popped up.
All this within a few minutes.
Anyone else had any of these issues?
Has the battery been disconnected recently ? Sounds like either the battery was disconnected or the battery was low . Everything should go back to normal in a few hours if that’s the case ?

Morenar

Reaction score
I had a similar message on my Sierra when I had a Pedal Commander. You don't have any throttle control products connected?

AmlRam

Reaction score
21 Bighorn 1500, 4k on the clock. Same Service ETC light, and backup camera in-op.
No check engine light, but found code U02BE when scanned (with AlfaOBD).

Just returned from the dealer. Dealer says there's an update coming for the camera module, but for now, he pulled the fuse for the module and put it back in, and it worked. Says the Service Throttle Control set because the U02BE code. They are somehow tied together. Cleared the code, and that went away, too. If the update that's coming doesn't solve it, a recall is possible.

FWIW, when I scanned it, the ECM was the only module throwing a code, U02BE. Had no idea what it was, never heard of it, and searching turned up nada. Dealer paperwork says "U02BE - trscm lost comm."

Either way, my s*** works now, and the wife is happy. Hope this helps.

HockeyDad1974

Reaction score
I have 5,600 mile on my 2021 RAM 1500 Bighorn. The Service Electronic Throttle and Rear Parking Sensor warning just came up. My backup carmera is also not working now.

My appointment is scheduled next Wednesday which is the earliest the dealership has available. Questions - Is the truck safe to drive till my appointment?

Toferlax10

Reaction score
Any updates from anyone that took it in? My 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with just 1700 miles had the same issue pop up with the Service Electronic Throttle Control come on, backup sensors go out/unavailable and backup camera go haywire and flickering. I can't get in till the end of the week but want to give the dealer anything anyone else has discovered or found out when they brought it in.

Bcford18

Reaction score
I am having this same issue! I purchased June 18th a 21 Rebel Ram and not even 100 miles the light came on. In shop now have been waiting 2 days and haven’t heard anything.

Toferlax10

Reaction score
Update... back from the dealer and the error code and issues with the ETC and reverse sensors was actually tied to the trailer reverse steering module that was faulty and they needed to change out.

Bcford18

Reaction score
Update for me as well. Blown fuse, but also a bad electrical pump running great now just waiting for part to come in to have the pump replaced as well

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
@drewsky has yet to update us on this. That's unfortunate, but it's easy to forget to do that. Especially if you are someone who doesn't spend a lot of their time here. I'm going to assume he got it taken care of quickly, but it would be nice to know what the cause was.

Georgf

Reaction score
Same problem, does anyone have a solution? I have Pulsar installed, maybe this is the reason for the error?

Bcford18

Reaction score
Took mine to dealership it was fixed by replacing a fuse. And replacing the fuel pump. Problem is now back….

Toferlax10

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the replacement part to see if that solved the problem for sure. Like everything though dealer said it could be weeks for the part.

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
Just got "service electronic throttle control" and "rear park sense temporarily unavailable" errors yesterday at about 3800 miles on my 21 limited. Mine has to go to the shop to redo poorly done body work after the truck was damaged on the dealer lot, so they'll fix it then.

Ram FF

Reaction score
Just had the same exact thing happen to my 2021 Rebel with 8000 miles. Rear park sense, camera unavailable, Electonic throttle control….

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
I fixed the problem on my truck. I doubt the fix will be as simple in many of these cases, but for me it was a poor connection with the fuse. The fuse hadn't blown but it was a bit loose and the connection was apparently a bit intermittent. I replaced the fuse and it fit much tighter, and the warning lights went away. Apparently the blades on the fuse were a bit thinner than spec.

Georgf

Reaction score
I fixed the problem on my truck. I doubt the fix will be as simple in many of these cases, but for me it was a poor connection with the fuse. The fuse hadn't blown but it was a bit loose and the connection was apparently a bit intermittent. I replaced the fuse and it fit much tighter, and the warning lights went away. Apparently the blades on the fuse were a bit thinner than spec.
What fuse number have you replaced?
I fixed mine by disconnect battery, disconnected and reconnect ECM harness. Now works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread