5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Stability Control light

Sun_G08

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
We have a 2020 Limited, today we were driving and randomly a message came up on the screen saying SERVICE ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL, the engine light also lit up. We were on our street when this happened so my husband parked and turned off the truck, turned it back on after 2min and the message was gone but engine light still on.
Anyone experience this?
Thank you!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello Sun_G08,

Sorry to hear about this experience. We would like to look into this mater further. Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your VIN to get started!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Nibis

Reaction score
I haven't had that message since I got rid of my ford, LOL

Damonwatt619

Reaction score
My 19 1500 showed this light right after I installed a 2” leveling kit and got a botched alignment. Went away a couple hours of driving after getting a professional alignment. I seen another owner had this experience on another thread. I hope this helps.

Tjarget

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
We have a 2020 Limited, today we were driving and randomly a message came up on the screen saying SERVICE ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL, the engine light also lit up. We were on our street when this happened so my husband parked and turned off the truck, turned it back on after 2min and the message was gone but engine light still on.
Anyone experience this?
Thank you!

Hi Sun-g08,

I am experiencing the same problem. Had it to the dealership yesterday where they flashed the PCM to re-program a vacuum pump. ESC light came back on the following day. Curious if you found a solution to this since posting in April?

Nachotaco

Reaction score
My 19 1500 showed this light right after I installed a 2” leveling kit and got a botched alignment. Went away a couple hours of driving after getting a professional alignment. I seen another owner had this experience on another thread. I hope this helps.
I just installed leveling struts and got an alignment.. 100 miles later I get service electronic stability control, auto start /stop unavailable and 4wd unavailable.. Hmm. Guess I'll bring it to the dealer. (I only have 320 miles on it too)

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
Drove 18 miles from work to home, no problems. An hour later went to drop son off and before I leave my driveway I get “Stabilty control not available, service 4WD, check engine light and tow something needs service!
This morning same issue.

Dieseldiver

Reaction score
I just got the same message after installing my 3 inch level as well as 4am temporary unavailable

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got the same message after installing my 3 inch level as well as 4am temporary unavailable
Level kits throw off the systems. Over size tires do the same. Needs to be flashed, if you didn't go beyond what can be flashed. There are limits.

Users who are viewing this thread