5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector options

toyboy1980

Reaction score
I know lots of people have posted links, but if you’re looking for another option, I am extremely pleased with this one. Plus it’s “Amazon’s Choice”, which means that Jeff Bezos has it installed on his personal Tradesman...

CDEFG Car Screen Protector Center Control Navigation Touch Screen Protector for 2019 2020 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Uconnect, Tempered Glass HD Scratch Resistance (for 2019 Dodge RAM 12 inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SZB6VQH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_pbe2FbEY60JXN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know lots of people have posted links, but if you’re looking for another option, I am extremely pleased with this one. Plus it’s “Amazon’s Choice”, which means that Jeff Bezos has it installed on his personal Tradesman...

CDEFG Car Screen Protector Center Control Navigation Touch Screen Protector for 2019 2020 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Uconnect, Tempered Glass HD Scratch Resistance (for 2019 Dodge RAM 12 inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SZB6VQH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_pbe2FbEY60JXN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
All of the ones on Amazon that are in this price range are all the SAME! I would bet they all come out of the exact same factory. They are all very good and I do recommend to anyone looking for a screen protector to not spend more than $15.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That's the exact one I bought. Very happy with it. My Amazon review is titled "It's not a Dodge".

hunter1234

Reaction score
I have the Kykr premium screen protector on for 5 months now. No issues, it is the Matte finish that helps in glare better than the original screen but does totally eliminate the glare. Perfect fit and can not even tell it is on, came very well packaged. likely minimizes the finger prints but doss not totally eliminate them. I went with the Matte as these old eyes have issues with the sun shining on it and I can live with a slight reduction in screen brightness - though I never noticed the supposed 2% decrease in brightness.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
After trying the OCDplug one for a week, it’s way too dark. It throws off the auto dimming big time. Will be switching out.
Amazon...highly recommend:

Had it on my 2019 and put it on my 2021.

Venom700

Reaction score
Amazon...highly recommend:

Had it on my 2019 and put it on my 2021.
Thanks I’ll try it out. To be fair, the OCDplug one is legit with no fingerprints and no glare, it just darkened it too much for my taste (I’m use to lowering the displays to get my eyes from being distracted, especially at night, and the center display was too far off).

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks I’ll try it out. To be fair, the OCDplug one is legit with no fingerprints and no glare, it just darkened it too much for my taste (I’m use to lowering the displays to get my eyes from being distracted, especially at night, and the center display was too far off).
I put the ocd on my Ram and the wife's Explorer. I agree it darkens it a little, but I actually like that, and I really like that fingerprint smudges are almost non-existent. Hope the glass works for you

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I put the ocd on my Ram and the wife's Explorer. I agree it darkens it a little, but I actually like that, and I really like that fingerprint smudges are almost non-existent. Hope the glass works for you
The glass one is actually very good at hiding fingerprints.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
has anyone tried the one from omsinprotectors.com
I have not and that's an AWFUL lot of money. There is another guy on here selling something very similar for about $40-$45 that a few have tried. This is my 2nd RAM and, both times, I have used this (along with a ton of other members) and it is excellent. It helps hide finger prints and protects the screen great for about $13. I have zero to say bad about this Amazon product.

dalailama23

Reaction score
I used the( theodcplug.com) one in matte finish works great. Follow the application instruction and give it 24 hours it looks great .

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Funny that everyone that has this can't seem to get the website correct :ROFLMAO:

DSTJ99

Reaction score
The glass one is actually very good at hiding fingerprints.

I was really surprised at this. Added a $13 glass one off Amazon a few weeks ago and not only does it not show finger prints like the stock unit it’s barely visible and seems smoother to the touch. Win all around.

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you are concerned about the screen, why not just leave the factory film on the screen. :unsure:

That's what I did. :p
The factory film shows every little fingerprint and provides zero protection. The Amazon Glass will protect it from damage should something hit the screen. The matte finish protectors and factory thin plastic film will not. For $13, I can't believe that everyone doesn't buy this :unsure:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The factory film shows every little fingerprint and provides zero protection. The Amazon Glass will protect it from damage should something hit the screen. The matte finish protectors and factory thin plastic film will not. For $13, I can't believe that everyone doesn't buy this :unsure:
Not sure what would be flying through my truck hard enough to crack that screen, but if something did I would think I would have bigger problems 😉

Users who are viewing this thread