5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector options

Prime

Reaction score
Love mine , if it is installed correctly you don’t even know it’s there. I’m always a little concerned when I clean it , now no problems. I also got mine for amazon, ordered a few . Cheap protection

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I have a few very fine scratches on my 12" screen that can only be noticed if the sunlight is at a certain angle. My question is; would a screen protector hide theses fine scratches, or make them more noticable?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a few very fine scratches on my 12" screen that can only be noticed if the sunlight is at a certain angle. My question is; would a screen protector hide theses fine scratches, or make them more noticable?
I’m thinking a tempered glass protector would help hide them just a little bit.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, my protector reflects the light off its own surface and will help mask any imperfections on the screen itself. Plus, having the protector gives piece of mind that the actual surface of the screen can't get any worse with unintended gaffs.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I bought my protector before I picked up the truck and installed it on the dealer lot. The factory plastic got peeled off and the glass went on. No finger prints to clean and no dust.

sdimitri1

Reaction score
The point was whether anyone has noticed this to be an issue requiring a protector. I've had no scratches on mine since picking it up at the beginning of October. It isn't the same as my phone requiring protection, as I don't shove my 12 inch touchscreen into my pocket and its impossible to drop... I would venture the majority of owners aren't putting a glass screen protector on their screens. I'm not blaming anyone for putting extra protection on for 15 bucks. But I am curious if anyone has actually seen the need for such a thing.
I can see the need. I almost scratched it once when I unplugged my charging cord from my phone a little to fast and the end of the plug whipped right into the 12" brand new screen... didn't scratch but I got lucky. I mean anything can happen. There is the sunglasses holder right above the screen. You could accidentally drop your shades onto the screen. Just wiping the dust off with a microfiber towel will eventually leave small scratches. Shiny new things seem to attract odd things to happen. Like you've probably never fumbled your phone and made it fly into your dash before, but I bet once you have that awesome 12" screen.... you will.

luisma1161

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for posting about your experiences with the protective screens I just bought one from Amazon the 13.00 let's hope it works out as good as it did with you all.

klail

Reaction score
Still super happy with mine. I completely forget that it’s there until I am reminded from a post on this thread. Couldn’t be happier.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Just installed the $13 Amazon protector on mine. Looks great, slightly less fingerprints, and still as snappy on touch as before.
817ad0074ec92a7b8c8c881854ebdfcc.jpg
4e55b31e246b1c83bbac1138e747c454.jpg
4c9ac0787433c57d45644f76cc3771e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I went with the theodcplug.com one. It is more than the Amazon one but it is matte and so no glare nor finger prints. Totally worth the extra $ in my opinion.

Quicksilver76

Reaction score
I went with the theodcplug.com one. It is more than the Amazon one but it is matte and so no glare nor finger prints. Totally worth the extra $ in my opinion.
What am I doing wrong? I searched with theodcplug.com and nothing comes up. Am I missing something?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I searched with theodcplug.com and nothing comes up. Am I missing something?

Moestavern33

Reaction score
Hi,
Do you mind posting a picture with the screen turned on? I’m really curious how the matte finish looks.
Thank you,
Matt

Joe Allen

Reaction score
Has anyone explored the possibility of adding a screen protector for the 12-in screen? If so, what did you use. I’m looking at the Zagg screen protector designed for the 11in iPad Pro. These are the dimensions I got for it.
I ordered one off Amazon around $12, found out wife had ordered one for $35 to give me for Christmas. I put the one I got, thinking if it wasn’t satisfactory I would use the other. The cheaper on worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread