5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector options

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The anti-glare/anti fingerprint one is $34ish. Has anyone tried this one and how is the anti fingerprint claim? I've not had any instances where I thought "Oooh - too much glare or reflection", but I HATE fingerprints, and that 12"er is a nightmare for me (makes my phone use really fun as well).

You don't need the $34 one...the $13 is the exact same thing!

Srharter

Reaction score
You don't need the $34 one...the $13 is the exact same thing!
The difference between the 2, if any, is what I'm trying to determine. All the $11-13 dollar ones claim similar protection and thickness claims. but the only one claiming anti-glare/fingerprint protection is the $34 one. I'm not too worried about glare or reflectivity; what I'm after is any experience with that anti-fingerprint claim with the $34 one.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'll add this...NOTHING is going to be fingerprint proof but my $13 one does a great job at helping to hide the fingerprints which is worlds better than just the factory screen.

klail

Reaction score
I'll add this...NOTHING is going to be fingerprint proof but my $13 one does a great job at helping to hide the fingerprints which is worlds better than just the factory screen.
I agree. I went with the $13 one and it is amazing the lack of fingerprints compared to a non protected screen. Yes, they are still there but only a fraction of the original amount.

gpbst3

Reaction score
all your going to do is give the next owner a nice new screen ;)

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
I'm also using the one from Amazon. As already stated it fits perfectly and for only $13 it is cheap insurance for the screen even though it will probably never be needed

Viper67

Reaction score
Love mine. It was super cheap and the install is easy been on for just over a week and so far no fingerprints you can see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeFG

Reaction score
Scratch right in the middle of my screen. Got hit with something. Ugh!!

How easy does the uconnect screen scratch without protection? I'm surprised we would need a protector

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 165

t76turbo

Reaction score
I bought the KYKR version from amazon for $34. I am sure it is much more money just for the packaging they use. It is very well packaged and installed easily. Took a couple weeks to get all the air out from under the screen. I have installed dozens of glass screen protectors on phones and pride myself in doing a really good job of avoiding dust and air underneath. But I couldn’t avoid the air on this large a screen protector.

Over the first 2 weeks after install I occasionally would try to push the air bubbles to the edge. Eventually I got them all out. Definitely less finger prints.

Wish I had tried the $12 version so I could give an opinion on the differences.

cookeze

Reaction score
I bought the KYKR version from amazon for $34. I am sure it is much more money just for the packaging they use. It is very well packaged and installed easily. Took a couple weeks to get all the air out from under the screen. I have installed dozens of glass screen protectors on phones and pride myself in doing a really good job of avoiding dust and air underneath. But I couldn’t avoid the air on this large a screen protector.

Over the first 2 weeks after install I occasionally would try to push the air bubbles to the edge. Eventually I got them all out. Definitely less finger prints.

Wish I had tried the $12 version so I could give an opinion on the differences.
I tried the $12 version and sent it back. It looked cheap and terrible on the 12" screen. I then bought the KYKR version and it is much, much better. Can see it at all, super easy installation and fingerprint resistant. Well, well worth the $34, especially on a $70K truck.....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@cookeze...I bought three of them from Amazon. One that was $13, one that was $14 and the third was the $34 version you mentioned above. They were ALL the exact same and zero difference. I kept the $13 version and sent the rest back. They were all packaged the same and I would bet that they all come out of the same factory. My $13 version is super clear...zero bubbles on install, takes up the entire screen and is fingerprint resistant. I am fascinated that you found otherwise.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
@cookeze...I bought three of them from Amazon. One that was $13, one that was $14 and the third was the $34 version you mentioned above. They were ALL the exact same and zero difference. I kept the $13 version and sent the rest back. They were all packaged the same and I would bet that they all come out of the same factory. My $13 version is super clear...zero bubbles on install, takes up the entire screen and is fingerprint resistant. I am fascinated that you found otherwise.

I can't even tell my cheap one is on there.... and I am super OCD. I wonder how long he kept it on. I had a few large diameter shallow bubbles I couldn't get out. They were gone within 24 hours.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My $13 screen protector by LFOTPP is perfect. I don't even notice touch input interference which is surprising because any previous screen protectors on my phones would cause noticeable response issues.

Users who are viewing this thread