5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Boards/Step Rails for the 2019s

Laz

Reaction score
Are those the power boards that retract? I’m wanting to purchase the power boards from mopar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure about ur dealer but mine said that mopar isn't having them made yet (with the ram logo) only ones that do coke w are the trucks that are arriving at ur dealership and that's something ur dealer specifically orders when ordering trucks to sell. Transamerica is a company FCA/ ur dealership uses to get the these AMP research steps. I just ordered mine a few day ago and they came in 2 days. Just had them installed recently with my local dealer who also ordered steps for me. Check w your dealer about getting the ones w the ram logo on them. Good luck

Laz

Reaction score
Heres a few pics of my amp steps ordered and installed by dealership...I'll post night pics later

Attachments

• 20190102_080530.jpg
    20190102_080530.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 443
  • 20190102_080554.jpg
    20190102_080554.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 466
  • 20190102_080457.jpg
    20190102_080457.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 460
  • 20190102_080440.jpg
    20190102_080440.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 384
  • 20190102_080516.jpg
    20190102_080516.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 347

EddieP

Reaction score
Heres a few pics of my amp steps ordered and installed by dealership...I'll post night pics later
Hey Laz. These look good. I have a Laramie coming soon and like this option. I'm assuming the Dealership has to update the firmware to make these work like the factory installed units? Do you have the option to operate the Amp steps thru the touchscreen? Thanks.

Reactions: Laz

Laz

Reaction score
Hey Laz. These look good. I have a Laramie coming soon and like this option. I'm assuming the Dealership has to update the firmware to make these work like the factory installed units? Do you have the option to operate the Amp steps thru the touchscreen? Thanks.
Good question, I haven't looked at the settings on my touchscreen, as for the firmware update I didn't even ask honestly. I got them to make it easier for my mother in law to get in and out of the rear seat when she tags along.

Laz

Reaction score
Eddie P, I checked out the console for the firmware update to operate the steps and in the short amount of time I spent looking for it I didn't come across anything that showed me I can operate my steps from the inside. I'd rather it didnt as I only want them to work when I need to get in and out of the truck and they were installed more for my mother in law who I had to carry around a small step stool so she can get in and out. This will save me from all that now....thank you Amp Research! Lol
Here are some Pics into this evening, enjoy

Attachments

• 20190102_175330.jpg
    20190102_175330.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216
  • 20190102_175316.jpg
    20190102_175316.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 217
  • 20190102_175343.jpg
    20190102_175343.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 194

EddieP

Reaction score
Eddie P, I checked out the console for the firmware update to operate the steps and in the short amount of time I spent looking for it I didn't come across anything that showed me I can operate my steps from the inside. I'd rather it didnt as I only want them to work when I need to get in and out of the truck and they were installed more for my mother in law who I had to carry around a small step stool so she can get in and out. This will save me from all that now....thank you Amp Research! Lol
Here are some Pics into this evening, enjoy
Ok thanks Laz. Truck looks good. I like the blue lights to mark the side steps.

Reactions: Laz

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to the member who recommended using a die for cleaning out the paint from the threads. I’ve never had a reason to use one previously, but it couldn’t have been easier. I went with the 8mm- 1.25 chaser die because only a thread cleaning was needed and it only requires a 1” socket to use. Threads were perfect and ready for nuts in less then a minute a piece. Here’s a link to the die I used for reference.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/power-tools-accessories/power-tool-accessories/taps-dies/vermont-american-reg-hcs-metric-die/21235/p-1444452362205.htm

By the way I went with the black OEM step bars part number 82215301AC. The fit was perfect and they came 100% assembled. Start to finish I was done in less then an hour and that’s with cleaning the threads.

Just ordered that die chaser!
Step rails ordered today, thank you to everyone who participated in this thread

schoon85

Reaction score
Looking to order a set of Go Rhino RB20's. Has anyone had any luck with discount codes, coupons, etc. with Go Rhino? They seem to run about $420 on all the sites I have found them. Appreciate any insight you guys have!

schoon85

Reaction score
Thanks Jake, but these look like the RB10's. Are you selling these or referencing a place to get them?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Rob. Yeah these are similar to the RB10, but really like the look of the RB20's. Seem to be more streamlined styling. May have to reconsider at this price point. Haha

So I just put go Rhino RB10s on my rebel.

Thoughts:
- they're much sturdier than I thought they were from pictures. I will be honest, because I had not seen a set in person, and the pricepoint being lower than factory? I sort of thought the steel would be thinner, or have something of a "cheap sheet metal" vibe. No. They felt well made and heavy duty. I was pleasantly surprised by the sturdy well constructed feel.
- I had them installed for me by a local garage, they had no issues, they did not need the die I ordered incase of paint overspray.
- This is the standard finish, not the bedliner. It does seem to have enough texture. I haven't texted it in ****ty weather yet, but I think it should be fine, certainly no worse than the 4th gen's factory tube steps that were occasionally slippery.
- I like the height. I didn't want a step rail that I felt extended down too low or ruined the "high ground clearance" look and function. These seem to fit that bill nicely. Before this set I was looking at the mopar ones.

Would I recommend them? Honestly I would. I really would.
this is exactly what I was looking for in terms of fit, appearance, cost, feel, sturdiness, a "high and tight but still a good step" option.

Attachments

• GoRhinoRB10.png
    GoRhinoRB10.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 517

ajosephngs

Reaction score
I also wanted high and tight fitment and ordered the rb20’s in powder coat finish from go rhino. Searched a bunch of options and felt they fit the bill best for me. They are back ordered, customer service says they’ll go out next week.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also wanted high and tight fitment and ordered the rb20’s in powder coat finish from go rhino. Searched a bunch of options and felt they fit the bill best for me. They are back ordered, customer service says they’ll go out next week.

Mine arrived Monday and getting put on Friday. Maybe mine were the last sent out.;)

ajosephngs

Reaction score
Finally got around to hanging the RB20’s. It’s too cold here to wash the truck until this weekend but after a couple days of use I’m extremely pleased with them. Had minimal issues with the extra paint on the bolts just two needed cleaned up with a die, although I’ve heard warnings against it.

The rb20’s have a little flare toward the front so they are wider in the fro t than the back. I love the high and tight look and the step is perfect height for the rebel. The brackets don’t hang any lower than the skid plates. The only thing that feels like a negative is the flared front. To me, the look a little fat up front and I haven’t yet felt like that is necessary due to the body style or needing extra purchase.

Overall, I’m happy. DD8117BF-E92C-4083-82F1-AA6D009F037C.jpeg

Attachments

• C00B5538-BF2F-4110-8717-CFB48B3DAB3B.jpeg
    C00B5538-BF2F-4110-8717-CFB48B3DAB3B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 226

Users who are viewing this thread