5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Light Kits

DTenGil

Reaction score
mine still says ships tomorrow. Guess I need to start looking up how to wire the DRL directly into the headlights so it's on whenever they are.

redneck

Reaction score
i dont like to cut factory wires .they make taps you crimp over the factory wire & it pierces the insulation to make contact or you could strip a little insulation off & solder the new wire on & wrap with ele. tape

redneck

Reaction score
i ordered a remote relay & im going to program it to turn on the main spot light with my extra homelink buttons not sure if im going to wire the drl seperate or trigger both relays at the same time for max light output

glauben

Reaction score
Where can I pick up the lower mesh grill w/sensor mounts. My grill is faux mesh without pass through holes, and I want to mount the 20" bar 'behind" the mesh grille.

redneck

Reaction score
i just got my 20 dual row light & their are no flood reflectors on it only spot & the measurements have changed from what is posted on their site i guess the factory in china decided to change things with out notice

downsc123

Reaction score
i just got my 20 dual row light & their are no flood reflectors on it only spot & the measurements have changed from what is posted on their site i guess the factory in china decided to change things with out notice
just got mine today too and same thing....all spot. Supposed to be spot in the middle an flood on the sides

redneck

Reaction score
yep i talked to them on the phone & they said return it if you want they could care less im going to hook it up to my battery tonight & see how the light spread is on the road

downsc123

Reaction score
yep i talked to them on the phone & they said return it if you want they could care less im going to hook it up to my battery tonight & see how the light spread is on the road
I torn on what to do. Just got in from pulling the backing cover off and I got the brackets in. Let me know how it looks without the floods

redneck

Reaction score
sorry we were out late last night didnt test the light bar but im going to do it tonight & ill post some pics of it compaired to my $40 cheep ebay 20" bar i have on my sxs

redneck

Reaction score
Okay so the first picture is my $40 eBay light bar it is mounted five feet off of the ground on my side by side roof the second picture is the Rough Country light bar 5 feet off the ground the third picture is Rough Country light bar down at bumper level where it will be mounted in the Ram truck the Rough Country Bar has plenty of flood light to it I was hoping for more spot distance when mounted at bumper level the light only shines down the road 250 ft

Attachments

• 20210424_204402.jpg
    20210424_204402.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210424_204531.jpg
    20210424_204531.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210424_204658.jpg
    20210424_204658.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 81

downsc123

Reaction score
Okay so the first picture is my $40 eBay light bar it is mounted five feet off of the ground on my side by side roof the second picture is the Rough Country light bar 5 feet off the ground the third picture is Rough Country light bar down at bumper level where it will be mounted in the Ram truck the Rough Country Bar has plenty of flood light to it I was hoping for more spot distance when mounted at bumper level the light only shines down the road 250 ft
I got my installed today as well. I am happy with it even though the flood part isn't there. I just aimed it up a touch. Gonna keep it.

DTenGil

Reaction score
No floods now? Is this what threw the light more to the left and right vs straight ahead? For me, i got this more for illuminating a campsite and the wide pattern. If the missing flood bulbs detract from this, I'm gonna return it and try to order old stock from another site.

redneck

Reaction score
yes no flood bulbs on this new batch i would say the flood pattern is about 50 ft wide at 100 feet in front of you look at my 2nd picture the 3 palmtrees on the rt are about 100 feet away & the dirt road is 18 feet wide

redneck

Reaction score
i just ordered a 22" laser led light bar to compair to the rough country i need a spot beam to shine at least 1200 feet down the road we live in the country & have wild hogs & stray cows in the road at night when going 60-70 on the back roads you need a long range light this one says it has 40- 5 watt leds & 1-60watt laser ill post some pics when i get it.

downsc123

Reaction score
i just ordered a 22" laser led light bar to compair to the rough country i need a spot beam to shine at least 1200 feet down the road we live in the country & have wild hogs & stray cows in the road at night when going 60-70 on the back roads you need a long range light this one says it has 40- 5 watt leds & 1-60watt laser ill post some pics when i get it.
You returning the RC bar then? I am curious if you can get the 22" bar to fit between the RC brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online