5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Light Kits

redneck

Reaction score
i have not returned the rc bar yet im going to compair the 2 & keep the one that better fits my needs. im welding my own brackets as im mounting my air horns in the same general area with a air tank & compressor . i trying to avoid buying the mopar ram air to free up fenderwell space for my compressor. i think i can make it all fit behind the bumper

DTenGil

Reaction score
Also, the SKU's dont match. Ordered 70779DRL, received 70920BD.

redneck

Reaction score
the 70920bd is the correct number for the day time running lamp model with the 5 watt cree led chips if they sent you the bl model then their would be no drl & you get the lower power 3 watt led chips. i have sent 3 emails to RC to see about why they changed the flood lights & if their is a way to get the old model light but customer service never responds. when i called the lady that i talked to could care less about my question & told me just return it . wow this is the service we get when we pay $190 for a $30 light bar made in china.

DTenGil

Reaction score
online agent is trying to tell me is has the flood/spot combo. Is it missing the flood reflector housings on the ends lights?

DTenGil

Reaction score
assuming I end up just keeping this bar, this is the switch I ordered,

Pilot Performance Lighting PL-SW29 4 Channel Wireless Remote Switch:​

Sorry, I'm new to all this, obviously. Do I still need to use the relays that are part of the RC harness? If so, I'm assuming I just cut wire before the molex plug? Maximum effort would be to make my own plug...

redneck

Reaction score
the pilot is not water proof some people have said it quit working in humid conditions you rc light has a 30 amp fuse & a 40 amp relay i dont think the thin wires out of the pilot will handle that much amperage i would just use it to trigger the rc relay

DTenGil

Reaction score
I only really need 1 channel since I'm going to tie the 6" in with the 20", so the totron would be doable. only question is if you can still link it to the homelink buttons on the visor

redneck

Reaction score
yes it works with the home link but if you want the drl on a seperate remote you would need a 2 channel remote or wire the drl to your regular headlights

DTenGil

Reaction score
I was going to wire the DRL to be on whenever the lights are on. still able to wire the 6" and 20" bars on the same circuit? or would I need the relay to have closer to a 60amp fuse?

redneck

Reaction score
those lights should not draw any where near 60 amps. you could use the totron to trigger 1 relay & act as 1 relay if you want to be safe the + wire out of the totron puts out up to 25 amps so use it to power 1 light & wire the other lights up with their own relay & tap off the + totron output with a small gauge wire to trigger the extra relay.

redneck

Reaction score
So here is a comparison of the rough country 200 watt led light and the ebay 200watt led laser spot light. The rc light lights up the top of the trees good but not much distance the ebay bar has a better flood that stays lower to the ground and is brighter further down the road the laser is very focused about a 20' circle at 2000' down the road it does have a slight green tint to the spot beam but not bad. The first pic is the rc light 2nd pic ebay laser led

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210507-213828_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-213828_Photos.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20210507-213742_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-213742_Photos.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 92

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So here is a comparison of the rough country 200 watt led light and the ebay 200watt led laser spot light. The rc light lights up the top of the trees good but not much distance the ebay bar has a better flood that stays lower to the ground and is brighter further down the road the laser is very focused about a 20' circle at 2000' down the road it does have a slight green tint to the spot beam but not bad. The first pic is the rc light 2nd pic ebay laser led
the cheaper ebay led bar does a better job than the RC!

did anyone connect the 6" and the 20" together and to the high beams? So when you pull the high beams, the both RC lights come on too.

and do we also need to buy the left and right parking sensor brackets when ordering the mesh grille?

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i used the "RoughCountry"brackets,but i used the "Ridgid"light bar with the "GangSwitch"

Attachments

• 100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    100_1792_InPixio.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 65

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i used the "RoughCountry"brackets,but i used the "Ridgid"light bar with the "GangSwitch"

Thank you for this post man!
This got me thinking about putting together my own "cUsToM" setup.
Glad I started looking at the Rigid lights, I saw the "midnight" series and that was right for me

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
all of them will.all i did was change out the fuses that came with the "gangSwitch"some were not correct.i just saved them for something else (y)

Intereesting. Just ordered a Rough-country wireless unit :cool:
Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread