5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Light Kits

CharlieP

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has either of these on their trucks and what they think about them.

i have installed both on my truck and love them installing the grill lights were a job to install but look great and really add some light. I mounted switches for both in the small panel where the trailer brake control would go if you have one. Truck Lights 1.jpg Truck lights 2.jpg Truck Lights 3.jpg truck Lights 4.jpg

laflu01

Reaction score

CharlieP

Reaction score
Are the lights in the grill too bright to keep on anytime you drive?
I use the grill lights at night and my lower light has the DRL in it so it is in that mode unless I turn it full on

Last edited:

RickWaz

Reaction score
I have the Hidden Bumper w/ Amber DRL. The white output is OK, not as bright as I hoped they would be. Probably because the High Beams of the OEM LEDs are so bright. But they do add more illumination out front & to the sides. So happy to have.

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
Is the light bar with the DRLs wired such that the DRLs come on whenever you start the truck or do you have to switch then on every time?

RickWaz

Reaction score
My guy wired the Lightbar separately from everything else, so I turn on the DRLs or the Driving Lights when I want/need them, regardless what other lights are on.

DTenGil

Reaction score
Will be ordering these soon. I saw somewhere that you can link them to the garage door opener buttons. Is this a separate harness we would have to add? Anyone know the specifics?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
check these links out for wiring to the Homelink buttons, should be fairly simple. depending on how you wire you could do it to only be on with the truck running or even wire some hot to use a remote when the truck is off (I am thinking floods for camping or a light in a Roof top tent, etc. $35 for being able to use your visor buttons as an aux switch bank.

Will be ordering these soon. I saw somewhere that you can link them to the garage door opener buttons. Is this a separate harness we would have to add? Anyone know the specifics?

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score

Burns1200

Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for the open holed lower plastics? I've tried looking at 68334531AD but its listed as not fitting my truck. 2019 Limited with front sensors

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for the open holed lower plastics? I've tried looking at 68334531AD but its listed as not fitting my truck. 2019 Limited with front sensors
Help me out, open holed lower plastics?

redneck

Reaction score
i think people have said it is for the 1500 diesel trucks but it fits all of the 1500 new body style

Users who are viewing this thread