5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Light Kits

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Go to the Rough Country web site it is in the description for the lights
Ok I see it now. I guess if you want it to be "hidden" you need the lower grille to be mesh for the light to shine through. In any case mine is removed and the light is not hidden. Wouldnt matter if it was mesh or not.

BalckBear91

Reaction score

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Very nice! Looks like you cut your solid lower panel. Did you have to modify the RC mount to push the light further forward so face of the light is flush with the panel? Or is it recessed more than I can tell?
I'm honestly not sure, the dealer did it. But this evening I can crawl under and check it out. I'll let you know what I see.

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I had the RC square LED pods on my JKU and the lenses started to get a yellow tint after the first year. I had them mounted on the corners of my front bumper and they were set as my DRLs. Loved the look and they never flickered or had issues, just hated the yellow haze. Decided to dump them and upgrade to Rigid. Doing the same on my Go Rhino sport rack now. I have 3” flat square lights wired in now, but I’m switching them to the Rigid D series spot beam cubes. Can’t go wrong with Rigid. RC is a cheaper brand and at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

redneck

Reaction score
did you get the 20" light bar with the 5watt cree or the standard 3 watt ones the light out put dubbles with the 5 watt

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I was able to take a picture of mine and how it is mounted. I dont know if this is a rough country bracket or not. 20210418_121103.jpg 20210418_121118.jpg 20210418_121206.jpg

downsc123

Reaction score
I ordered the 20" hidden bumper light bar with white DRLs. about 4 weeks ago (still backordered). Trying to determine if I want to run the switch into the cab or use a remote/wireless option. Anyone do the wireless option that has the DRL feature and how did you wire it? I guessing there is a way to switch the main light and the DRLs separately. Thanks

redneck

Reaction score
I ordered the 20" hidden bumper light bar with white DRLs. about 4 weeks ago (still backordered). Trying to determine if I want to run the switch into the cab or use a remote/wireless option. Anyone do the wireless option that has the DRL feature and how did you wire it? I guessing there is a way to switch the main light and the DRLs separately. Thanks
their are 2 seperate relays with the light kit so get a remote with 2 different channels to program one for each relay i plan on doing this with the same light & using my 2 left over homelink buttons to trigger the remote switch

redneck

Reaction score
i just ordered my light & they said it will ship out on the 22nd

Last edited:

DTenGil

Reaction score
just wondering, how does everyone use their lights? Are the 6in and 20in too bright to run and leave on while highway driving at night? do the DRL otherwise detract from the overall brightness of the 20" if I ordered w/o the drl?

redneck

Reaction score
yes the 20 in would be too bright to leave on for highway driving the rough country light with the drl feature could be used all the time but it is the drl or the main 20" light not both at the same time. also the drl light uses more powerful 5 watt cree led's while the regular 20" light bar uses 3 watt led's the lumins out put doubles with the 5 watt chips. i went with the 20" black series drl white

DTenGil

Reaction score
I got the same (black 20" w/ drl in white). also got the 6" grill lights. I plan to wire the main 20" together with the 6" to a remote relay and use the visor buttons, and wire the drl to run whenever the lights are on.

anyone know how long these will run on battery before it drains to the point of needing to jump the truck? thinking camping situation.

downsc123

Reaction score
their are 2 seperate relays with the light kit so get a remote with 2 different channels to program one for each relay i plan on doing this with the same light & using my 2 left over homelink buttons to trigger the remote switch
Do you have any pics of the wiring that comes with it (or even better a schematic - the ones in the instructions are very generic). I assume you would have to open up the wiring harness for the wiring that goes to the switch and run those wires over to the wireless transmitter then.

Thinking of using this wireless transmitter: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/using-homelink-buttons-to-power-lights.23091/

What other transmitter options are out there?

redneck

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the wiring that comes with it (or even better a schematic - the ones in the instructions are very generic). I assume you would have to open up the wiring harness for the wiring that goes to the switch and run those wires over to the wireless transmitter then.

Thinking of using this wireless transmitter: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/using-homelink-buttons-to-power-lights.23091/

What other transmitter options are out there?
their a re a ton of different switches on ebay & amazon search wireless 2 channel remote relay switch

redneck

Reaction score
Good news the rough country 20" light bars are back in stock mine shipped today

downsc123

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread